(Updated on 02/19/12
CPS_Alexander is a Random Map AI that plays with any civilization on any kind of map except islands. On mixed maps it builds a small fleet to defend its shoreline and to harass enemy fishing ships. It doesn't build transport ships and navy is not the core of its army, thus it will not play on islands.
All supported settings are described below.
Game Type: Random Map
Location: Any map that doesn't require transport ships to carry soldiers.
Map Size: Any
Teams: Any combination
Resources: Standard (Low)
Difficulty: Hard recommended
Population: 175 or 200 (200 recommended)
Starting Age: Dark Age
Victory: Any (conquest recommended - this AI does not build Wonders)
This AI plays 10 different strategies and several their variations (every civ can pick from at least 3 strategies).
It can flush, or go Fast Castle.
Note: This AI does not cheat (except on Hardest mode, when it gets additional
resources as any other AI does. It uses cc-commands only to count tress
and stone or gold piles). If you think that you need more challenge, use
version H (has some cheats) or S (cheats extremly) - both included in zip file.
Update 19/08/2010 (v4.6.0):
- added 7th strategy
- improved TS management
- improved flushing (now CP will flush a bit more often on small and tiny maps)
- several other smaller changes
Update 13/09/2010 (v4.7.0):
- all strategies revised and optimized
Update 26/09/2010 (v4.7.1):
- some changes in attack system
- few other small changes
Update 28/09/2010 (v4.7.3):
- further flushing improvements
Update 30/09/2010 (v4.7.4):
- various small changes and bug fixes
Update 21/10/2010 (v4.7.6):
- fixed camp placement (hopefully :P)
- some changes in strategy picking (some old strats are no longer used due to poor performance)
- CP no longer resigns on Fortress, Arena or Nomad maps
- several small fixes and other changes
Update 11/11/2010 (v4.7.8):
- improved eco balance for some strategies
- improved flushing
- some bug fixes/other smaller changes
Update 4/12/2010 (v4.7.9):
- small changes in some strategies
- some code reorganisation
- new semiFC strategy
Update 8/12/2010 (v4.8.0):
- various small bug fixes
Update 23/12/2010 (v4.8.2):
- recoded research system
- partially recoded attack system
- improved imperial jump
- new advantage evaluation system
- lots of code cleaning and reorganisation
Update 27/12/2010 (v4.8.3):
- various small bug fixes
Update 30/12/2010 (v4.8.4):
- various small bug fixes and adjustments
Update 14/01/2011 (v4.8.5):
- fixed heavy bug related to farming
- small changes in strategy picking
- new Basic-Archers strategy variant designed for Turks
- various small bug fixes and adjustments
Update 24/01/2011 (v4.8.6):
- added/increased number of knights/eagles to all archer/cavalry archer strategies
- Basic-Infantry strategy now uses archer-line as a support since beginning of the castle age
- all Korean strategies use war-wagon-line
- few other small changes
Update 22/02/2011 (v4.8.7):
- Alexander can now play on all maps except islands
- Basic-Knights strategies now use archer-line as a anti-pike/infantry support in the imperial age (except Huns/Spanish)
- added mechanism (one rule to be specfic ;) ) that aborts research when soldier count drops too much
- now all civs (except Huns) train some UUs despite the selected strategy
- several bug fixes and other smaller changes
Update 19/03/2011 (v4.8.8):
- added support for Land Nomad
- added shrinking TS, so now CPS defends a bit better
- slightly improved behavior on mixed maps by reducing total amount of fishing boats and fixing couple bugs
- several small unit changes in couple strategies
- fixed bug that was slowing down castle-age advance in FC strats
- small file reorganizations
Update 15/08/2011 (v4.8.9):
- added more skirmisher-line to Basic-Eagles and to BasicKnights strategies to counter massed archers
- added second stable to Basic-InfantryKnt in early Castle Age
- enabled mm training in Basic-Knights strategies if there is no available stables
- added new Basic-semiFCtrash strategy for civs with poor scouts
- Hand Cart, ri-two-handed-swordsman, ri-heavy-camel, ri-arbalest and ri-cavalier are now less restricted in all strategies to get them faster
- farming is now restricted when CP is trying to research heavy wood techs
- market delayed until 2nd TC is contructed in all strats
- added second farming mill
- added suicidal scout
- stone mining camp delayed until 2nd TC is constructed or there is not enough stone for it.
- restricted amount of soldiers in flush strats to get castle units/upgrades earlier
Update 26/11/2011 (v4.9.0):
- restricted eagle production in favor of pikes when cavalry threat is high (Basic-Eagles, Basic-Archers-Eag)
- added second barracks in case of high cavalry threat (Basic-Archers-Eag) - early castle-age)
- added new Basic-ArcherFlush strategy for most civs
- Persians no longer train LSM in imperial age (all Persian strategies)
- increased aggressiveness of all flush strategies
- AdpFlushINF can now be used by all civs except Britons and Byzantines
- added new Basic-ScoutArcherFlush strategy for most civs
- increased density of TSA
- slightly increased aggressiveness of post-feudal strategies
- added new delFC strategy for all civs
- added new Basic-Xbows strat for Mayans, Aztecs, Chinese, Huns, Japanese, Koreans, Byzantines, Saracens, Mongols and Britons
- fixed TS-management (slightly :) )
- fixed LN behavior
Update 19/02/2012 (v4.9.1):
- added new Basic-KLEW strategy for both meso civs (a bit more hardcore than Basic-Eagles)
- added new Basic-Knights variant: Basic-Krush - enhanced version optimised for Spanish and Chinese
- added Basic-Xbows strategy variant for Persians, Turks, Teutons, Franks and Celts
- added new CastleDrop strategy for Turks, Teutons, Celts, Saracens, Spanish, Koreans, Britons, Chinese, Franks, Mongols, Aztecs, Mayans and Vikings
- bodkin-arrow is now researched earlier in all strategies
- stdUU: my-unique-unit-upgrade and my-unique-research are delayed a bit to allow more important techs to be researched earlier
- Heavy-Cavalry-Archer upgrade is slightly delayed to allow more important techs to be researched earlier
- small fix for abort research - now it works also in castle age and a bit more intelligently
- some-cavalry flag is raised earlier for better anti knight protection
- some-archers/skirmishers flags are raised earlier for better anti archer/skirmisher protection
- ArcherFlush is changed a bit to work better against skirmishers
- increased total number of military buildings in all strategies
|Pages:  2 » Last » |
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
how do you download this? do i unzip and place in AOK directory? i don't even know how to do that! sorry i am new to this...all i see is a lot of .per and .ai files. i don't know how to download those. i don't know how to unzip that and how to place it in the right directory/file...thanks for your help!
To install this AI just unzip all files to Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\AI directory.
when u say unzip all files to AI directory do u mean replace the existing AI directory file with this new one? and how do u unzip a file to a particular directory?
Unzip the zip file. Put the files (.ai and .per) into the AI folder in your game.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\AI
I liked it :)
Reliable, it seems that it can handle weird situations, like far forests, or limited space for buildings.
It trains good armies, its eco is strong.
It doesn't fight that well (v.4.7.4), but it can easily be improved in the future.
Well done, Suriel! I really like all-civ scripts. Yours plays all kinds of land maps, including nomad, and you have worked hard on it. There are some good scripting ideas in it, too.
I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
I'll be updating the script when I have some free time and fresh ideas.
Any suggestions what to improve are appreciated.
I would like to give feedback, but for now I am studying it, mainly searching for ideas to use. It has some ideas that I am only now in the process of adding into my own script. My ai wins against yours, but it plays only Byz, and only 1 strategy. I initially wanted to make it just like yours and Chameleon, and I will, in time.
Your ai is pretty solid, with a variety of strategies. It loses against strong scripts, but not without a good fight. Well done, even if it isn't your first script. Thanks to its good structure it can be easily improved dramatically.
One thing: since you've studied The Horde, look at it a little deeper: it's not only the target-evaluation numbers that help in battle: sentry-distance, enemy-sighted-response-distance and other things also are critical. Also, it seems to me that those evaluation numbers are better for fast armies.
Come at aiscripters for a more detailed feedback by me, when I have tested it more. People there are all very friendly and we help one another all the time.
And, welcome to the Ladder :) Don't care for any defeats that you will get (later, you will win the first couple of games), it's all about fun.
About 2 years ago I had an account on aiscripters (I've got much information from that
site in the past and many useful files like tournament packs with some old good scripts).
But because I stopped scripting for a while, I haven't log to it for over a year. And it
seems that the account ceased to exist. I created new one, about a year ago, but it has never been activated.
I created another one several minutes ago. I hope this time I won't have to wait forever for activation ;)
About The Horde: I just started examining it, so right now I don't know it very well.
But I'll definitely spent more to time to look deeper into it. This script is awsome :D
I especially like the way it decides when to flush. I'm currently working on something
similar (the code is now at very early stage) because my AI seems to work better when
can FC, so I would like it to flush only when it's necessary.
About my script: Its structure is an effect of many changes I applied to it through time.
At some point I just decided I don't want to rewrite the whole code over and over again so I made it as modular as possible. It's (structure) still not perfect (many changes resulted in some problems that cause sometimes big mess :P) but it helps a lot.
About the Ladder: Fun is the reason I joined it :D
[Edited on 10/03/10 @ 11:42 AM]
Your structure is good. Since I am scripting for only a few months, I am impressed by its versatility. I take my hat off to it.
Many, many strategies. Of course, many of them are not optimized, but that is natural. I have to admit that that it masses a strong army quickly with Mayans and that it has good dark-feudal ages. But its castle-age needs some balancing for many civs/strats, especially the booming. And, the only real weakness I observed has to do with dropsites: they are too close to enemy, probably a result of a too low sn-minimum-dropsite-buffer and huge camp-distances.
I am often testing against it, and I will collect more info, resulting in suggestions for individual strategies. But your Mayan play is good, top. My script can't beat them, and often loses against other civs/strategies.
Your code seems to flush well, but it actually has some problems with FC, when it has to produce food for both booming and army/upgrades. As for the flush detection, I too copied The Horde's simple method. The result was awesome.
One thing. Among these strategies there are 18 civ specific strategies. I'm no longer upgrading them and they are rarely used (1 to 2% chance to be used in a game). You may just ignore them.
As for dropsites you are right. I just ignored this strategic number because I know that wrong value may sometimes block placing camps at all. Just didn't know what value will be ok so I just left it as it is.
Most strategies used by Mayans were tested and optimised for Aztecs (except the one that trains lots of xbows). So if you think they work good for them you should expect a bit better performance with Aztecs :)
In general all those strategies are used by many civs but had been optimised only for one. For example knight based strategies have been tested and optimised for Huns (for which they work best but surprisingly they work equally good for Teutons although I haven't added any optimisation for them).
[Edited on 10/08/10 @ 02:34 PM]
|Pages:  2 » Last » |