This mod is built upon AOE Population and Improvement Mod by Ghost.
- All Wonders have unique effects to help you win the game! Whether it be building new units, upgrades, etc. (Explained in the text area in the tech tree pages, underneath "Team Bonus")
- 600 population limit for massive armies
- Customized AI uses wonders to rule over you! Are you ready?
- Cannot win with Wonders in Standard games! Relic win still possible (similar mod allowing wonder wins will be available)
- Aztecs (Land of Gold): Crafts relics
- Britons (Start of Colonization): Trains Snipers (long distance 1 hit KO unit with long reload time)
- Byzantines (Roman Empire Rebirth): Trains Imperial Cataphracts (Tougher Cataphracts with no weakness vs. pikemen and camels)
- Celts (The Raider's Carnage): Trains Stealth Raiders, Siege units -50% cost (except trebuchets), more infantry speed upgrade
- Chinese (The Four Great Inventions): Four great inventions, allowing gunpowder units, and trains a legendary unit
- Franks (Knighthood): Trains Imperial Lancers (Paladins with incredible attack)
- Goths (Absolute Anarchy): Trains other elite unique units for half price.
- Huns (Barbarian's Might): Trains God's Own Sling (super trebuchets), and trains siege onagers for half price. Trebuchets -50% cost. More calvalry speed upgrades.
- Japanese (Shogun's Decree): Trains Ninjas (fast stealthy assasin infantry that can transform into tree stumps). Ninjas can be cloned.
- Koreans (Total Defence): Wonder act as a super long range defence tower.
- Mayans (Nature's Forces): Trains Stealth Plumed Archers for -50% cost, Summons Iron Boars and Hunting Wolves for food
- Mongols (Genghis Khan's Army): Request Hussars and Elite Mangudai reinforcements for free.
- Persians (The Indian Empire): Trains siege elephants (Medium range attacks with bonus vs. buildings)
- Saracens (The Spread of Allah's Words): Market operations profitable at fair exchange rates. Trains Preachers (tough long range missionaries). Monks regain faith instantly.
- Spanish (Native Enslavement): Trains native units for free (but takes longer).
- Teutons (The Holy Empire): Trains Knight Templars (Tough paladins that can heal and cannot be converted)
- Turks (Rise of the Ottoman Empire): Trains Gunpowder unique units for -50% cost. Great Bombards upgradable. Spearmen and pikemen upgradable.
- Vikings (Berserker Invasion): Trains Berserk Knights, Berserk Skirmishers and Petarded berserks rapidly. Blast furnace 2 available. Non-mounted living units +20% HP (except infantry).
For other mod changes, please refer to my first mod:
This will completely change the way you play. Generally lots of things have been made more powerful, wonder-wins have been made impossible, additional units are added (although this is NOT a graphical mod) and the AI is changed. Somebody should totally make a graphical version of this - in particular, ninja clones did NOT look like that! Perhaps it is because this mod sets out to do so much that the best it could do with data editing alone is manage 4.5.
Only the included AI will take advantage of the features of this mod.
This can be really fun and really challenging. However, a number of issues still prevent a 4.5 rating for me. All are balance issues. While this has improved since the initial releases of this mod, some civs have more powerful wonders than others. Mayans and Persians, in my opinion, are still particularly weak compared to some other civs' wonder effects.
This is such a shame because although the mod does what it aims to do well, it falls rather short on the playability factor.
I hope this doesn't put the author off. I had many hours of fun playing with this, just so long as neither player got a "bad" civ!