The Successor - Act One: The Renegade Prince (v. 1,1)
Posted on 09/09/11 @ 08:55 AM (updated 12/23/11
*** This scenario received the award Best Story in the Game of the Year Awards of 2011 ***
||The Conquerors 1.0c
|Number of scenarios:
The sequel to this game is out! Download The Successor - Act Two >>> HERE <<<
Ravenia is a land without a King, a land plagued by civil war and foreign invaders. And it has been like that for 15 years now, since the death of the old king, Navar the 3rd. Now, there is finally hope... The prophecy is about to be fulfilled. The Renegade Prince is returning home...
This is the first Act of "The Successor" trilogy, which you might be familiar with if you have played my previous cinematic scenario. If not, don't worry! Everything you need to know is right here, in this download, including a revamped version of the prologue cinematic!
This campaign contains two scenarios, the first is playable, while the second is 100% cutscene.
- An emphasis on the narrative aspect. If you've enjoyed the intense storytelling of campaigns such as Ulio, spiced up with a little bit of humor, you will probably not be disappointed.
- Two epic 15-minute-long cutscenes, at the beginning and the end of the game, as well as many other shorter ones during the game, that will drive the story forward.
- Gameplay diversity: Role-play, Fixed Force, Defend the Spot, even a little bit of Puzzle, plus a couple of suspenseful one-on-one duels. There should be something in here for every gamer out there, except for hardcore b&d-ers.
- Varied and detailed map design, a whole country with different landscapes, one major city and several towns and villages.
- An interesting cast of characters, including a protagonist who does not fit the "prince charming" cliche.
- An epic soundtrack to match the story. The main character even has his own theme song!
- A detailed .pdf guide, containing all you need to know about the game and its background.
- A total of around 800 triggers.
This game is best played on normal speed with a resolution of 1024X768 and music off. To install it, just place the .cpx file in the campaigns folder and the sound files in the sound/scenario folder.
I hope you will have fun with this game, and I urge you to comment, review and give your suggestions and feedback. I need all the feedback I can get if this is to become a trilogy ;)
All credits are in the beginning cutscene and in the .pdf guide. A particular thank you goes to my playtesters, Bf_Tanks, Dtrungle and Popeychops.
V 1.1 - UPDATES SINCE THE PREVIOUS VERSION:
- fixed all detection area bugs that have escaped playtesting and have been brought to my attention after first upload;
- "relic doesn't show" bug from Teophil's quest fixed;
- turkey now always changes ownership to p1 after little girl quest;
- minor spelling mistakes fixed;
- "Super Tarran" bug which I believed to be fixed is still appearing sometimes. Will probably be fixed in a newer version.
- added one bonus non-playable map, as a teaser for the up-coming sequel!
Thank you to everybody who gave their feedback and contributed to identifying bugs.
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  |
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
|Little Fighter 2
To Dead End : Thank You for notifying this to me. SORRY
|The Black Adder
What an outstanding campaign by Panel! Really loved the massive scope of the map and attention to detail in the worldbuilding of Ravenia, Donaria, Sylvania etc. I'm not really convinced that my actions putting Krall on the throne were really for the better (he's as bad a tyrant as any Fanarian, and at one point I was kind of hoping Tarran would just quietly off him and take over the throne himself) but I certainly had a good time along the way. If you're interested, check out my playthrough of this campaign at my YouTube channel here:
[Edited on 05/16/17 @ 03:54 PM]
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  |