I have moved this file from Campaigns to Single Player Scenarios. Your scenario lacks instructions, story and has only minimal trigger work. I would highly-recommend you to download and play from the 'Best Files' located from the top-left hand corner of the screen.
[Edited on 10/09/11 @ 07:58 AM]
panel Official Reviewer
Posted on 10/10/11 @ 02:34 AM
This wasn't fun for the following reasons:
- there was no story. We don't know who the characters are and what they are doing there, or what their purpose is. They are not even renamed in-game. They are just two anonymous halberdiers. So are the other soldiers and joan-the-maids/etc they meet during the game, and so are their enemies.
- there are no objectives. The only thing close to an instruction is the text that stays for the first few seconds of the game and that you can easily miss altogether if you don't pay attention. The objectives and hints tab contain nothing.
- by "nice triggers" I assume you mean the explosion in the beginning? You should understand that the quality of the scenario doesn't lie in how big the explosions are. Creativity lies mostly in how interesting and complex objectives are, how immersive the story is, how detailed the map design is and how balanced the gameplay is. Your scenario didn't focus on any of those points.
- map design is not even of random map quality. There's a few cliffs, grass, palm tree forests, a cathedral some gates, a never ending bridge and little else.
- most of the game consists of fighting against a ridiculous amount of soldiers with an even more ridiculous amount of your own troops. Balance is out of the question from the very beginning as your forces are obviously superior. It just takes a long time to eliminate all enemy units, though there is never any doubt as to your victory.
If I were to review this file it hardly get more than 1. Before uploading something please try to ask yourself if the people playing it would really find enjoyment in it. Try comparing to other works here at the blacksmith, see the higher rated scenarios and what they have to offer. Then try again, practice makes perfect.
Posted on 10/16/11 @ 07:35 AM
I didn't like it so much but it was better then 4army
So you are learning.
I hope your next scenario will be better.
[Edited on 10/21/11 @ 12:24 PM]
praf55 File Author
Posted on 10/26/11 @ 03:29 AM
i mean i need a topic on which i can create a senario.
Algren t l s
Posted on 10/28/11 @ 08:47 AM
You have to define what 'nice' is.
It looks like its your first attempt to touch the scenario editor. This is litterally lame. No adventures. Just walk around for some time and you get some army. Hardly any sophisticated terrain. Please retry.
And about the 'topic'. You dont have to be historically right, you have to be creative. I could have made such a map myself in a click.
My rating would be 1. But it might be highly unreasonable and also demoralising. Thats why i wont review.
Try out some maps, try to equalise with the other maps being posted here, which manage to grab atleast 3.