* I am not the maker of this file, I merely used it a while back to play AOE2:TC full screen on my widescreen laptop - I take no credit for this file, I am simply sharing it with the community *
This file will enable you to play AOE2:TC at the same resolution as your desktop.
Steps to Install:
1. Download and extract, AoE2WideSetup.
2. Make sure the game is not running and click on the AoE2WideSetup.exe to install it in the game folder (it will make it's own AoE2Wide folder in the game).
3. Now it will form a bat file on your desktop. Before you run this file make sure the game is not running and your desktop has the desired resolution.
4. Now run the bat file and it will make another file with your resolution at the end of its name ( for me the file name was AoC1.0e 1680x945 )
5. Now run the AoC1.0e 1680x945 file ( for your it will be your screen resolution in place of 1680*945). It will run AOE2:TC in its normal setting but once the match starts resolution changes to your desktop resolution :)
Some known issues: While watching a recorded game if you make the speed fastest the game may hide the menu ( where you can play, forward etc ). This can be resolved by clicking on any tabs at the top left (diplomacy, settings etc), as it will pause the game and menu will appear.
Again, I take no credit for this file, I don't know the original author of this file otherwise I would have mentioned him/her.