Tales of Middle-Earth mod is available for download!
At present, we are releasing ToME as a beta version (version 0.6). With your help, we will be able to test the mod beyond what out alpha playtesters could accomplish.
So please try it out and let us know about any bugs you spot, or any suggestions and balance tweaks using the ToME Forum or through comments right here.
Go ahead, jump right into Middle-earth. Only a small download away...
Tales of Middle Earth (ToME) is the first ever fully playable total conversion for AoK based on the works of J.R.R Tolkien. Featuring full 18 realms of Middle-earth including Elves, Men of the West, the Rohirrim, Southrons and the Easterlings, and the evil forces under Mordor and Angmar. Bring to life all your favourite battles and stories from The Lord of the Rings on maps of real Middle-earth locations. From the keen archers of Lórien to the trolls of Mordor; the Rangers of the North to the dreaded giant Mûmakil – as many as 70 new units, with over a hundred new building graphics and wonders from the Middle-earth.
- Play from the Fall of Beleriand to the Great Years and the War of the Ring.
- Choose from one of 18 unique factions.
- Guide the wise and fair elves - Lindon, Rivendell, Mirkwood, Eregion, and Lothlórien.
- Fall under the sway of the Shadow with Angmar, Mordor, Isengard, Dol Guldur, or Minas Morgûl.
- Place your hope in the Men of the West with Arnor, Gondor, and fabled Númenor of old.
- Ride with the Native Men of Rohan, Rhovanion, Harad, Umbar, or Rhûn.
- Battle on new random maps based on real Middle-earth locations.
- Research countless new technologies and decide the path of your race with faction choices. Will you ally with the Rohirrim as Isengard, or fall and become a Vassal of Mordor. The choices are yours.
Forge alliances to supplement your armies with soldiers from other regions, or even call for the aid of Dwarves and Hobbits.
- Enjoy the rich world of Middle-earth as presented by one of the largest graphical modification ever produced for Age of Kings. Over a hundred buildings have been designed, including wonders based on famous Middle-earth landmarks like Orthanc, Barad-dûr, The Golden Hall, or Elrond's Homely House. Likewise, nearly 70 new unit graphics have been added, including almost thirty all new units to appear for the very first time in ToME.
Create that LotR campaign you always had in mind or play online against a friend! Designed to function in multiplayer, singleplayer, and scenario design.
Caras Galadhon - Lothlórien's Wonder.
A patrol of Orc and Trolls through the ash plains of Mordor.
Elrond's Last Homely House in Rivendell.
The mighty King's Men in the fabled Númenor of old.
More screenshots here!
How to Install
Your download comes with an installer to manage everything for you. Don't worry about taking backups, the installer will handle that for you too!
Note: You need to have the C-Patch installed on your Age of Empires II - The Conquerors. Make sure no other mods are installed.
That's it! A shortcut to ToME will be available on your desktop from which to run the game.
This is a beta release, and the first release of ToME. While we have tried to cover all possible aspects of the game, there are some missing features that we are still working on:
- Interface graphics.
- Shadows for some buildings and player colour on some units.
- Heroes from Middle-Earth.
These are low priority issues that don't need to be addressed before a release, and we didn't want you to wait any longer to play ToME!
Keep a check on the ToME Forum and/or Website listed above for updates. Apart from these, the other updates planned are:
- Hobbit-themed graphic pack: adds hobbits, hobbit-holes and Smaug the dragon!
- More eye candy and Gaia objects for scenario design.
- Balance fixes, if any, from all the suggestions and feedback we will receive from you.
FAQ on Troubleshooting
- When I run the ToME shortcut on the desktop, I get the error "Cannot find CD-ROM."
- Please try running AoK as you normally do, using the regular AoK shortcut. That should work just fine!
- It appears broken/corrupted/incoherent (e.g., corrupted unit graphics, mixed up technologies)
- Your install seems to have gone awry. Please ensure you have the C-Patch installed. Your AoC version should be 1.0c.
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6  |
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Hey Valacian, I have posted your question at the ToME thread at the Modding Design & Discussion forum, which you may visit here:
Thanks very much Mashek. (Btw big fan of your scenarios)
Every time I created a scenario, the game crashes, forcing me to delete the file. This mod is not even worth the anger and frustration it leaves me with.
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6  |