Water War is supposed to be a war between the Mongols and a Shah. Notice the words "supposed to be". That's the only description we were given so, I'm afraid the introduction of this review is a bit lacking.
The game is not very enjoyable nor does it make very much sense. You start on an island where gold and stone mines are protected by a spam of enemy sea towers.
You do not have enough gold to raise a proper army - and the only gold you can get is protected by a spam of sea towers with no way to defeat them unless you cheat.
The enemy is much more powerful than you and clearly has better resources because they begin creating elephants as soon as the game starts.
I wish I could give a zero here, but that doesn't seem to be an option.
- Deer are spammed.
- There are graves pointlessly spammed all over the lower island.
- The lower island looks .... weird... it has roads sticking out of it like man-made antennas that just don't make sense.
- There is no story. No history.
- There is far too much water. The map is too big given the size the creator made the islands. If the creator planned for this to be a sea battle map - It wouldn't work because you can't even get any gold to build/upgrade a navy.
- Maps are plain. No elevation. Lack of eye candy. Some things are just uncreatively spammed.
- The enemy has relics sitting right outside their town centre waiting to be picked up... That's just a no.
- The lack of elevations, cliffs and the forests being just one square chunk mean there is no room for strategy. This is a strategy game.
Map Design: 1-
There was no story. There were typos. "Kill the Shah" is a boring objective - I could just play Regicide in standard map (where it is not impossible to get gold).
I am not sure what the creator's plan was here. I tried hard to look for a positive in this campaign but I just couldn't find any. I just used the I R Winner cheat to end the painful game because it was just ridiculously impossible and poorly designed.
[i]Creator - download popular campaigns from the Blacksmith, use the reveal map cheats and look at how carefully designed those maps are.
Also, there is no need to put the SCX file in the .zip. The CPX will do.[/i]