Posted on 04/19/14 @ 05:28 PM (updated 04/28/14
|Number of scenarios:
This is the sequel to Gwyndlegard, its bastard child/spin-off The Epic Adventures of Marvin & Rob, and The Rockspring Revolution. If you haven't played either of them, you might still enjoy this campaign, but the story will make more sense if you play them in the right order!
• A 7 scenarios long campaign!
• Various gameplay styles: pure B&D, Fixed Force, one-on-one boss fights and stealth missions.
• Extensive modding: around 400 new units (soldiers, buildings, eye-candy and other stuff) made uniquely for this campaign.
• An epic in the literal sense of the word - quite likely bigger in gameplay hours than "Gwyndlegard" and "The Rockspring Revolution" combined!
• Emphasis, as usual, on the storyline, humour and atmosphere, although I try to spruce it up with new ideas for gameplay as well!
• A vastly expanded Gwyndlegard universe,
• Music from a wide range of composers, including Ramin Djawadi, Howard Shore, Russell Shaw and Kevin MacLeod.
• A grand conclusion to the Gwyndlegard trilogy!
• Insivible flying bananas!
This campaign starts right where The Rockspring Revolution left off. Our hero Immanuel returns to his home province of Gwynhill, and his soon-to-be-wife Emily. Immanuel longs for peace and quiet, and the opportunity to finally marry his beloved girlfriend, and for a short while it looks as if his dreams will come true. But a campaign isn't very interesting if it's all peaceful and quiet, is it?
Out in the ocean, at a top-security prison, five iron-clad, monstrous ships show up at the horizon. They blast a hole in the wall of the prison, and its most dangerous prisoner escapes. Xaphira, the former Queen of Xioché, is on the loose.
The news travel swiftly to Gwynhill, and the local priest and recovering alcoholic Father Garnas is very troubled by it. For the past two years he has been studying an artifact that was used in the war against Xaphira (as seen in "Gwyndlegard"), The Relic of the Rock, and he has made some astonishing discoveries. He believes that it is one of the four Relics of Athalën, immensely powerful artifacts created by the ancient king Athalën, the man who founded and ruled the Old Kingdom for a thousand years. Father Garnas fears that Xaphira knows of the relic, and that she is coming to Gwynhill to get it. He thinks that she too knows of the power of the four relics: that with them you can shape the world completely as you wish to see it, and possibly live forever. And indeed he is right, and Xaphira comes as a thief in the night and snatches The Relic of the Rock away.
It is now up to you, as Immanuel, to make sure Xaphira doesn't get her hands on all four of the relics.
Gates of the Old Kingdom | An army has amassed | An indoors scene | Up on a rooftop | Into Xioché | A peaceful monastery | Bigass Castle | An abandoned city | A faraway village | Naval action | A quick stop in Arthalien | A monument in the mountains | Mountain stream | Abandoned mineshaft
This campaign requires the 1.0c patch for The Conquerors to work. It is also, from what I hear, incompatible with the UserPatch.
This campaign is brought to you by StormWind Studios!
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  10 11 » Last » |
|Author||Comments ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
please when i played the first mission there is always a crash when the heroes kill all the guards in the fortress i just have the heroes and no any troops with them what should i do
Another question what is the secret weapon that can be used to take king wellon first castle and siege towers i can't find it i destroyed its castle by waves and waves of my troops
Finally you made a wonderful campaign many thanks
A bit late but anyways, I'm still posting this comment. This has been the best AoE2 campaign I've ever played. I enjoyed every minute I spend playing this. The people who worked on this did a wonderful job and I really hope they create more great campaigns like this one.
I just want to know ¿What's on the other side of the barrier?
Again, great job.
Hello! I played all the games in the Gwyndlegard series for now, but this gem still sits unplayed, because I cannot play this campaign. I have a collectors edition that comes with AOE I and AOE II including its expansion pack, and it is updates to patch 1.oc, as the campaign requied. however, I cannot play, since at campaign selection it says FILE NOT FOUND. The modification part of it all does work, but not the campaign itself. Why is that? Thank you!
I stopped to play this game last year because I entered to college, before that, I got to play the first 3 campaigns and let this campaign for later.
After one year, I remembered about this campaign and started to play it. I just finish it and I could only say that this campaign is AWESOME. It is the best campaign that I played from all and it worth to return to play this game just for this campaign.
To highlight some features in the scenarios:
1. I loved how you figure out to show the cell of Xaphira and her escape.
2. The feature that made this scenario great is the end. You really make more realistic the game with the middle ages, I loved how do you climb the castle and attack the soldiers over the castle.
3. Very good the idea of the torch and the feeling of being in a cave (anyway I like more the last scenario).
4. 3 words: Defend the Island. I really enjoyed this scenario in defending that damned island. Personally I prefer this than building a base and later attack jajaja. It is just a little more difficult than the other ones. At first, I played all the campaign in moderate except this one in Standard. Later, I manage to finish it in moderate but in difficult is just impossible for me.
5. Nothing to say, just the good rooms in the ship.
6. A wonderful scenario, I had a lot of fun with the stealth missions. The last city (I forgot the name) amazing, I love the soldiers above the walls. At the end, a very good boss fight, returning those ball fires remember me to games like mario galaxy.
7.1 This one, my favorite. It is like if you are playing another game. I can say that this is almost a temple of Zelda. With a little more effort, this scenario could be like a temple, that takes you hours to finish it and you need to think to solve all the puzzles and reach the boss (Xaphira). Because it already have the boss and mini-bosses (dark-knight), the keys, rooms, powers, etc. You could have used the music that appears in Zelda when Link opens a chest.
7.2 The fight with Xaphira is just WONDERFUL. I never saw a boss fight like that. I enjoy the use of the mirrors to attack her, the levitating statues, etc. The twist of the story at the end is the best, you could not choose a better end than that. Again, the running away is like another game, seeing the falling rocks, running as fast as you can, ignoring the enemies. All the included with great music.
In general, A GREAT ending for the campaign.
Another feature to highlight is that you almost included all the types of games, Build and Destroy, Stealth missions, Defend the Island, side quests, etc. You only miss to include a mission that you only have an army to use in a great battle (like the campaign Ocean Blue), or to invade a city (like the fifth scenario of Joan of Arc) and you can`t gain more soldiers so you need to care a lot all your soldiers. As well that sometimes you don't control heroes in some battles so you need to protect them with other soldiers (you prevent to hide your heroes to don't lose the game).
Just 1 thing left to say: CONGRATULATIONS for doing this campaing. You achieve to make Age of Empires to be play as another new game. Continue like that :).
P.D: English isn't my first language. Sorry for any grammar mistake.
Can this be played with the Forgotten expansion. If so, how? I copied all the files at the appropriate place but I dont see the campaign when I launch FE, but I do see it I launch the Conquerors.
athe mod is awesome but I have a problem. At the end of the first scenario, the cutscene, i go to the statistics window wich is before the "select campaign" part and where you can go to the campaign menu or play again. When I click on "Campaign Menu, the window mantains itself instead of going to the Campaign menu and the civ's names dissapear then the window chills and when i closed AOE2 and opened it again It had reseted my user info in TC. Can you help me?
would you make some spin off scenario please?.
how do I download it?
cruiserderp, select the red download button in the top right hand corner.
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  10 11 » Last » |