It's time to leave the Imperial and go into the next Age . . .
The Golden Age!
- new base units and technologies
- new Unique Units / Technologies
- New buildings
- New icons and graphics
- Unique heroes
- Fully support RM / DM / CS maps
- Researchable in Accursed and Tower of Flies too (for cba and blood maps)
in \Age of empires II\Data\ folder from your empires2_x1_p1.dat and gamedata_x1_p1.drs files.
2. Download the file, and unpack to Age of empires II main folder and overwrite all. (the zip file contain all necessary folder)
The top of the screen WON'T SHOW the new age. Userpatch shows this age as Unknown at player's name.
Tech tree editing is difficult. If I make just one mistake, game will crash, so I won't edit it. In addition, if a civ know 4. age unit, then he will know 5. too.
Civs like japan, viking, byzantines and chinese not getting new % stuffs from the 5. age (except spanish blacksmith no gold). Civilization bonuses and team bonuses untouched.
Special thanks to:
- Keisari Tapsa's and DiGiT's aoe tools
- Oxam for his Architecture Renovation Mod
- Taichi San for aoe2 alpha version upload
- Jorgito_Lando and Kor for some graphics
- Tomcelmic for Age of Asian mod
- Furik91 for mounted skirmisher graphics
- todler for Trade Workshop graphics
- ToME team for some icons
- Chivalry team for hero idea
- Leontios for some technology idea
The 5th Age Mod by Gallas adds a new fifth age to your Age of Empires game. This mod leads to a whole new Age of Empires experience for the player.
As far as I know this is one of the very first attempts to create a whole new age into age of empires, an the first to do it solely with data editing and no new .exe file. The Mod takes you out of the Imperial Age and brings you to the Golden age where you can train new units such as Hunting Wolves, Elite Paladins and Mounted Skirmishers, as well as research many new technologies such as upgrades palisade walls, deep sea fishing, and many more. The Mod is very good and takes the game up to the next step.
The quality of the Mod is very well done. All of the upgrades and new units work a treat. They all have equal stats, and the balancing in the upgrades and stats are very well done. The new units look excellent as well. Everything fits together nicely and seems to be in its place. There's nothing that looks like it shouldn't be there, and it all still fits into the Age of Empires theme as well. Unfortunately the majority of the graphics for the new units have been taken from a majority of other Mod Packs, and a couple don't quite seem to fit graphically with everything else in my opinion. It would have been really nice to see some brand new custom graphics to go with this mod as well.
There is a readme included with the file that include clear installation instructions as well.
Overall a very good Mod Pack which I would recommend to download. If you're getting bored of your standard Imperial Age rush random map, then give this a try and experience something new.