Posted on 10/15/15 @ 04:09 PM (updated 10/31/15
This modification aims simply to heal a few little scratches in the game.
||Age of Empires II (2013): The Forgotten
Again, this mod is not meant for 'competitive' play. It is meant for 'fair' play.
This modification aims simply to heal a few little scratches in the game. Please suggest anything of value because this time I will listen to what people say.
- Added Conquerors version so that Campaigns are more playable.
- Added Full Patch Notes
- Increase unit usage
- Increase economic diversity
- Increase non-trash use
- Sword Infantry are slightly stronger (HP), faster
- Gold-Heavy Units are more affordable
- Camels take less damage from buildings
- Guard Towers and Keeps shoot extra arrows
- Units like Berserks are actually useful
- Ship Combat properly addressed
- Trade accumulates faster
- Wheelbarrow/Hand Cart also give slight increase in gathering (+5% each)
- Base Barracks, Stable and Archer lines are now slightly less costly
- Fishing Boats gather faster from Fish Traps
- Certain UTs cheaper (Chieftans)
- Crossbowman costs 150 food, 125 gold, 40 second research time
Some Civilization highlights:
- Certain UUs slightly boosted (Berserk, Throwing Axemen, Teutonic Knight)
- Certain UTs slightly nerfed (Furor Celtica, Perfusion, Ironclad, Drill, El Dorado)
- Certain Civilizations like (Vikings) get Husbandry, Plate Barding Armor, Sanctity; others get Ring Archer Armor, etc.
- Others such as Franks get Free Bloodlines but +10% Knight HP.
Full Readme Included.
Also, I've included a custom RMS with this download, 'Enhanced Town'. It is Fortress, but with a Town instead of Walls, with an economy and army, plus more fish, berries, deer, boars and relics on the map.
IF YOU HAVE STEAM, (subscribe there!):
You can find this mod by either 1) entering your game, then clicking on 'directory', and finding it there, or you can, outside of the game, 2) go to Steamapps, then go to workshop, then to content, then '221380': where you will see several folders with '260716410'-like numbers, etc. Go to the one labled '536205557', then enter the folder inside called 'resources', then _common, then dat, and thus you can read the patch notes, and then copy empires2_x2_p1 and empires2_x2_p1.old to your game directory. Then you will be able to play this mod.
To uninstall, simply rename the new empires2_x2_p1 as empires2_x2_p1.new, and empires2_x2_p1.old as empires2_x2_p1.
best of regards,