hey yakko, nice buildingsets you have done. Do you working on unique buildingsets for every civ ?
What about the ages ? Seems like someone do the work and create good looking buildings for every civ.
Once you are done, do you plan to upload a complete pack too ? Thanks, keep it up.
[Edited on 05/20/16 @ 10:28 PM]
yakko File Author
Posted on 05/21/16 @ 04:44 AM
Nice to hear you like it guys.
yes, I did many countries, but I try to organize the files in less factions before submit them. I would like to share the most relevant of them because they are so much and nobody need a lot of graphics from the same modder.
About the ages, I submitted already Feudal age for slavic, north and west europe, asia, etc, and people can match them as they like.
Maybe I will submit some more feudal if you want. Thank you very much!
Posted on 05/24/16 @ 07:54 PM
How do i add this to the game. This seems so interesting.
yakko File Author
Posted on 05/25/16 @ 04:12 AM
I'm not very good at working the data but we will see. we have 2 alternatives:
1. Create unique building set for each civs, in this case I can't help you, but TriRem shows how to do it here:
2. If you want to replace buildings is easier.
Go to the folder where AoE2 is installed, there is a folder called DATA, now go into this folder and there should be a
file named graphics.drs, ok, you just need this one (contains all the SLP of the game).
First backup your file. Now you need to install Age 1.8 (maybe there is another version but I work with this one).
Open the program AGE 1.8.
1. Set the folder for AoK to your game's directory ( should be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\ )
2. Now click the save button below that section.
3. Next step, Select Age of Kings in the dropdown box on the top left.
4. Now in the top-middle dropdown box select: Drs files and graphics.
5. Again select Options.
6. Click save button below.
7. Again, select Age of Kings in the dropdown box on the top left.
8. Again select Drs files.
9. In the box put the number of the building (in this case 33 from North European Archery Range/ castle-age)
10. Now go to browser and select the new slp that you want to use from now.
11. Select Resource 33 (on the left).
12. Click Import.
13. Finally, go to Save Folders and find graphics.drs (which is in your AoE2 ----> DATA). Click save. Finish!
You will also need the list that contains the numbers of the SLPs for
try this : http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=5592
I hope this can help you, but maybe you can find another tutorial better.
Posted on 05/25/16 @ 10:46 PM
Replacing graphics is done best with Turtle Pack.
Posted on 05/26/16 @ 01:18 PM
I would like to see you make some sets like south east asia culture(siam, java, vietnam)and incan culture next time!