Hello! My name is Panagiotis and this is my first upload.
I basically liked the work Warsmithy has done with his partial byzantine building set, and using my photoshop skills, I added some more files and finished the building set.
I want to share these files with you and also give credit to Warsmithy for I 've used his screenshots and his files to finish the building set that he started.
I 've modded AoE files with AGE 3 so that only the Byzantines use this architecture and no other middle-eastern civ. I can help anyone who needs help with doing the same thing, just leave a comment.
Nice work Panagof I like your interpretation of Warsmythys buildings. I like these buildings but you changed the color to match more the Italian set I think so they dont match the grey color of Warsmithys buildset.
Also is it possible you could help me with some data editing of these buildings? Do you have an email I could ask you questions on?
[Edited on 01/24/17 @ 07:30 PM]
Panagof File Author
Posted on 01/25/17 @ 09:38 AM
I 've updated the readme file adding my email.
Posted on 01/25/17 @ 04:16 PM
Thank you panagof
Posted on 02/17/17 @ 04:18 AM
thank you for your effort making/editing a byzantine building set. Can you please explain to a newbie how to install your set (exclusively for the byzantines)?
Will it bei mp compatible?
Panagof File Author
Posted on 03/01/17 @ 04:03 AM
Let's say you want to replace the graphics for the Castle Age Byzantine Barracks with another one:
1. You open AGE with admin privileges and set the paths for your files in the opening window (if you haven’t done so already)
2. Get to the Units tab and select the Byzantine civ from the upper left dropdown field.
3. Search for the corresponding entry using the search fields below (type barracks)
4. You will find two entries with the same graphic in the SLP preview window. Those have names "BRKS3" and "BRKS4" for the Castle and the Imperial ages respectively. You will use these names in the next step.
5. Get to Graphics tab and type "BRKS3" in the search box there. The search will return a bunch of entries that start with "BRKS3". In general, every building has 3 graphics entries related with it so, barracks has also 3:
The last letter from the name of every entry corresponds to a civ that owns the building. For the middleeasterns is 'M' so, you look for files 'BRKS3N1M', 'BRKS3N0M' and 'BRKS3NNM'
6. Find those files from the list, select them and Copy them by selecting the 'Copy' button below the list.
7. Find 3 empty graphics entries (those with name 'New Graphic') and then, paste the previously copied entries using the Paste button.
8. For 'BRKS3NNM' you just copied change the name to whatever you want (i.e. BRKS3NNBY) and after that, change the SLP value with the arithmetic code of the slp you want to use. Remember the ID, for the next step (Firstly you have to place the file to the correct folder)
9. Get to the Units tab and for the 'BRKS3' that you found previously, look in the Graphics Section for the field named 'Standing Graphics' and replace its value with the ID of the entry from Graphics tab.
10. Save and get in game to see the changes.
Also, what do you mean by saying "MP"?
Posted on 03/06/17 @ 03:28 AM
Thanks for the detailed answer.
Usually I play skirmishes with friends against the AI and just rarely against humans.
In most cases I am the host of the game and I still want to be able to play with friends via Steam.
EDIT: I think I will wait for the new building set Warsmithy is making.
[Edited on 03/07/17 @ 04:16 AM]
Posted on 09/27/17 @ 11:11 AM
Good day Panagof.
Could you perhaps show me how to allow certain unit textures/skins to appear on specific Civ's and others not.
For instance, I use Age of world Empires, it an amazing mod that creates diverse units for different Civ's, cavalry as well as infantry.
One thing the mod does is provide unique Hussars for the Huns and the Mongols, which is superb, and it cuts the wings off of all the other Civ's Hussars.
This too is good, what I aim to accomplish, is to reinstate the Winged Hussars to the Slavs and only the Slavs since the Winged Hussaria were the elite cavalry of the Polish (Western Slavs) Army.
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope to hear from you.