SLX Studio is a mod program containing tools for creating and editing SLP and DRS files. I created SLX Studio as a dev tool for the Expanding Fronts mod for Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, but it can be used in all genie engine games, such as Galactic Battlegrounds, Age of Empires II, and Age of Empires.
Some highlight features of SLX Studio:
- Convert SLX to SLP / Extract SLP to SLX (and batch versions of these).
- Support for both 8-bit and 32-bit SLP versions with additional support for Terrain and AoE1 SLPs.
- Extract or Create DRS files for each game.
- Double-click graphic image for fast anchor/hotspot positioning. Also support for importing/exporting CSV files.
- Viewable selection boxes (including rectangular shaped) or selection rings.
- Generate Data Graphics tool with tolerance bars for shadows and player colors, creates outlines, auto-crops images, and can even split shadows into it's own SLX. This tool is necessary to convert from SLX to SLP format.
- Color Palette Editor/Viewer that supports multiple formats (Jasc .pal, Microsoft .pal, Photoshop .act, GIMP .gpl, and even rendering as .png images). I've also embedded some palettes, including some commonly used ones.
- Terrain tools. Create terrain SLPs of any size (rows and columns). Includes conversion tools to create an isometric terrain map from a texture image.
- Batch Palette Swap tool that can be used to quickly recolor units.
- Other Batch image tools for recoloring pixels, changing image format, and creating data images.
- GIF tool with transparency support.
- SLP and DRS Viewer tools that can save anchor changes.
- Play animation support for SLX with speed settings.
- Zoom image support for SLX frames.
- FX Editor tool to draw various effects on frames such as various sparks, weapon fire effects, engine fire effects, transparency, holocrons, relics, and more!
- Delta Object Positioner tool to determine various object positions for things like snow and fire on buildings. Positions can be exported as CSV files to then manually imported into AGE.
- Set up file associations with icons for SLX, SLP, and DRS formats.
- Adjust settings to your liking in the .ini configuration file.
SLX Studio is tool that can edit/create DRS SLP and much more.The tool adds lots of new features than the Turtle pack such as replacing color,fixing player color fixing shadows with different colors and many more.
This can also open SLP format used in AOE DE version which other tools cant.
The tool is very user friendly once you get the hang of it,at first you might struggle a little as there are multiple things the tool can do.Use the video guides to understand the process which will make your life much easier.
Additional Comments:Overall topnotch tool.
Highly recommended for download as this simplify the slp and drs creation process.
Note. you cannot open DRS or SLP created with SLX studio using Turtle pack but shouldn't have any problems opening Turtle Pack created SLP or DRS files.