Follow the adventure of a young man named Tato in ancient Meso-America as he tries to save the peaceful land of Tonaltzintli from certain destruction.
Hello and welcome! This is my first attempt to publish a functioning scenario here, so fingers crossed that everything goes well. That being said, if you run into any problems or have any questions/suggestions, feel free to leave a comment.
For those who have already completed the scenario and wish to submit their score (wood stockpile), leave a comment with the name you would like to be on the leaderboard and your score, and I will put you on the leaderboard, which can be found in the comment section of my "Rise of the Jaguar Warrior Trailer" on my YouTube channel "TheGuardian".
Hello!.. I subscribed your file from the steam community. Unfortunately I encountered with lots of problems. I couldn't finish this scenario due to these problems. This scenario has a good potential but it needs to be improved more.
=== PROBLEMS ===
- You put the some files into wrong places. After I had subscribed to this file the campaign was invisible in Community Campaigns part. Because you put the campaign folder into the wrong place. I changed the place of the campaign folder of this file to make the campaign visible in Community Campaigns part.
- You must place campaign folder into _common folder.
- You must place all of sound files into en --> sound --> scenario folder.
- The game's biggest problem is jaguars that never stop spawning. I destroyed all jaguar huts but they continued spawning. Because you didn't deactive their spawning trigger looping after finishing all destroying jaguar huts objectives. More than 20 jaguars attacked me while my trade cart ( goods ) and Teto are returning to the brave salesman.
- The map is too blocky. It is very hard move from somewhere to an another place. Teto usually stops walking automaticly due to blocky map design. You should edit all paths to make them larger.
- Also the game has some good ideas with new map design tricks ( bridge ), trigger tricks, data editings and sound effects. But this scenario can't show its true potential due to its problems.
- In addition putting the player into the certain and the sudden defeat by not warning the player is a frustrating thing. ( Teto enters the building and dies automaticly. ) You can warn players about the death surprise.
- I went to mountain block road before I had talked with brave salesman. After talking with him mountains were removed. But unfortunately I didn't go to that road again for a very long time because I had believed that that road was a dead end due to mountains. So you can say that the mountains were removed.
[Edited on 04/19/19 @ 04:54 AM]
TheRealGuardian File Author
Posted on 06/13/19 @ 12:33 PM
Thankyou for the feedback hellknight, and apologies for the late response :( I fixed up the jaguar spawners (lack of organization caused me to forget to add in deactivators) and fixed up a couple of other things. The "surprise death" inside a building was not intended to occur, but I am not sure where you are talking about in the scenario. If you could give me a little more detail in that, I would appreciate it. Thanks for playing it :)
Posted on 06/24/19 @ 01:19 AM
I don't remember very good due to the long time period after I have played this scenario but I will try. When Teto closes a building in the middle of the map Teto enters this building automaticly in a cutscene. After entering the building Teto dies suddenly in this new building. ( In a cutscene again )
Posted on 07/23/19 @ 10:38 AM
I Have problems :
- The Jaguars respawn repeatedly
- The salesman (Brave Trader) moves away from his place so his trigger for the cart quest and mountain removal does not activate at the blacksmith
- Tate dies at the ancient temple though it is not a trap death, one moment you step in there, switch into red, move towards the temple and disappear into the cutscene only to show the death message (Tato has fallen, All is lost), Therefore defeat!
(i would have attached screenshots but forum and youtube comments doesnt have that)
TheRealGuardian File Author
Posted on 07/23/19 @ 09:12 PM
Thanks for the info, I fixed the jaguar spawners and ancient temple, but I found no problem with the salesman, but it isn't a big part to the scenario anyways. Thanks for playing :)