FSC 2019 - Dwarves, goblins and wizards
Posted on 11/18/19 @ 11:04 AM (updated 01/08/20
This is my entry to the 2019 Fantasy Scenario Competition
||The Conquerors 1.0c
|Required Modpack (if not included with the download):
||Role Playing Only
To be able to complete everything in time I neglected my family, but this is a detail because finally after so much work the map is over
The game style is adventure, with some secondary missions. I added a few hundred new units between buildings, plants, monsters and soldiers and this should recreate an atmosphere and a more enthralling style of play for the players
The scenario is in 255x255 format, so huge, but not all useful to complete the campaign. In this regard, I added scheme of the entire region, with the names of cities and areas, divided by colors: of interest or useless to the game. However, the map can all be visited and it is treated in detail
The scenario was tested for MEDIUM difficulty and FAST speed
Along with nearly 600 triggers there are also many sound effects and a soundtrack that will keep you company in your adventure
The story line is very simple and classic: a hero and his friends must save the princess in danger and free the whole kingdom from the evil forces and to do so they will have to fight against hordes of goblins, zombies, monsters and demons. Nothing special isn't it?
There is nothing else to say, come on go to save the princess!
-High accuracy percent attak
-Low accuracy percent
-Auras system improved
-Increased werewolf life of 20Hp
-Fixed bug in the church mission
-Fixed bug at caves entry
-Iron boar life lowered by 200Hp
-Fixed bug that attracted animals when you were casting magic against living skeletons
-Heroes icons changed
-More sound effects
-Werewolf life lowered by 20Hp
-Added 4 potions
-Aura system improved
-Kroas warrior moved
-Mission to recover the hunter, more clear
-Temple mission bug removed
The map should be bug-free and in my tests I never had problems, but if you meet them, write me and they will be solved as soon as possible
My other work
|Author||Comments ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
I finished your entry as your contest rival. It has both positive and negative aspects. But it is a high production value scenario generally. Even it can win this competition if the judges realize the true potential of this gem.
=== MY GENERAL OPINIONS BOTH POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE ===
* [ SPOILER ]!
+ The scenario starts great with girlfriend scene. It starts exciting and effective.
+ This scenario has many new terrain textures, buildings, objects, goblin units, orc units, wizard units, dwarve units, ogre units, troll units etc... This scenario is a new world with unlimited new textures and units.
+ The map design is nearly PERFECT due to effects of new textures and author's correct object placements.
- After player takes control of our unit as a villager the game starts to become a little tedious and boring because the game requires exploration again and again for each step one by one. Each step requires an another exploration with unnecessary boring tedious walkings. In addition the side quests that make our unit stronger are also require exploration with unnecessary boring walkings. Examples: Finding the oldwise, Finding the werewolf, finding the wizard and finding the person who gives us werewolf quest etc...
+ The map's .jpg picture file makes easier to explore our quest areas. If this map is not available it will be much more harder to explore quest areas.
+ After player starts to enter into goblin's area the game suddenly starts to become absorbing, funny and effective. The game stops becoming tedious and it starts to show its real great potential to players. But players need to skip tedious and boring exploration parts one by one by being patient until reaching goblin's area. After reaching goblin's area the game's chest shows its inside to players.
+ The game is very fantastic and creative in some moments. Examples: Goblin Boss part, Scorpion and Mangonel part, Goblin Cavalry part, Teleportation part, Switch part, Troll part, Ogre part, Earthquake part etc...
- The game says that players can use their potions again after 45 seconds. But I have obtained the both 2 potion types only one time during the whole game.
- It is possible to pass ancient temple area by not destroying the church. I left from their line of sight ( spider and the other enemy type ) and I skipped them by not making the church quest.
- In addition when player enters into ancient temple they can be our ally. Because I destroyed the church before entering the ancient temple as a test. After that they became my ally in the ancient temple. But I wanted to skip this bug. So I loaded an earlier save game slot to enter ancient temple again. I entered this temple by not destroying the church this time. So I evaded from the bug.
- Also goblin leader didn't attack the dragon in my some tries. It attacked the dragon in my other tries.
- The big trolls were ineffective because they always squeezed by being betwwen of other goblin and human units. So my magician killed them easily.
- The game's some parts were too hard. "Werewolf" part and "Demon Cavalry Leader" part were too hard. I used save and reload too often to pass these parts.
- The "Objectives" part is not enough to guide players. For Example: Players need to go near of the "door" of Ancient Temple to be able interacting with it. Another Example: Players need to talk with the fake woman to learn the church objective.
=== MY FINAL THOUGHTS ===
POSITIVE: New hundreds of textures, objects, units and sound effects... Great map design... Great absorbing atmosphere with creative and challenging events after entering goblin's area...
NEGATIVE: Tedious exploration parts until reaching goblin's area... Some battles were too hard... Insufficent guide for objectives... Some bugs...
Thanks for the review. Now I answer your questions:
- There were 6 potions in the game, but I've added 4 more to make it more fun and easy
- Now it is not possible to pass through the temple before having done the church mission
- In the first passage to the ancient temple the monsters must be your allies because you are not able to kill them, but when you left the next room they return enemies. The church must be destroyed because it is part of the campaign, I had not thought that you would be able to dodge all the monsters
- In my tests the goblin head monster has always attacked the dragon, but anyway diplomacy change and it can not attak you
-In the battle of the trolls I did not want to do something too difficult and the magician's help is in any case necessary to win, even if the enemies are not really that dangerous
- In the werewolf's mission, it would be good to have Luco's and the hunter's help, which is nearby and marked by a yellow aura. In any case, I took away some of the wolf's life
- In the mission of the Demon lord you just have to run away and destroy the mine to make the stones collapse on him. The only difficulty is to calculate the right time but it is a matter of a few attempts
- About the quest you told me, going near the temple door to enter for me does not seem so strange and in the cave considering that the only possible thing is to talk with the ghost woman, marked by a yellow aura of the objectives, it did not seem so difficult to me
- About exploration, I like to discover some maps and cities, but above all it is made much easier by the game map I provide to you and by the fact that the useful units of the game have a yellow aura at their feet a lot well visible, but I understand that the rpg-exploration type is not your favorite :)
For the next time I think I'll hire you to find all the weak points of the map because you managed to find holes that I hadn't even thought of and that I couldn't even find hahaha
[Edited on 12/14/19 @ 05:08 AM]
It is a great thing that you updated your scenario. But will it break contest rules due to updating your file before the results? If this situation isn't against the contest laws I also want to update my file too.