Requires UserPatch 1.5, which is based on AOC 1.0c. It can possibly work with unknown mods based on 1.5, but this version has only be tested on Wololokingdoms mod. I believe it supports all Age of Realms civs (even Mandinka) and it should support PCM mod (except Indians). It cannot work with any mod that changes the cost of feudal age research and adds gold (TOME, Chivalry).
- Pop: 200+
- Civ: any
- Mode: RM, regicide, PIDM to some extent.
- Teams/Diplomacy: no diplo support, fixed teams of any size.
- Map: Does not have water support. Has problems with some maps that spawn wood. Supports most special maps in Realms mod. ECL maps may cause crash with AIs in general.
- Interaction: responds to taunts 222, 249. Auto tributes to allies at later stages. 222 is the help taunt but it does not respond adequately yet.
- Starting res: Tested on std.
- Difficulty: tested only on hard.
- Mods: AOC, AOFE, WK, Realms, PCM. It can somewhat play AG3. It will somewhat play Tzars and Salesmen mod once it adopts UP 1.5.
For most civs it will try to do FC crossbows, especially with an unknown mod. If flushed it will react but not very well.
Planning to add more mod support, besides improving its general core.
How much support does this AI does have for DE? I'd like to put it into the AI file of DE.
marathon File Author
Posted on 04/27/20 @ 06:16 PM
A couple weeks ago I had a friend test it with DE. It did not bug, and it used DE civs but not very wisely. Bulgarians went crossbows. I will fix this issue in the future.
Keep in mind that at this stage it attacks heads on. It does not micro. Some people may actually like this behavior but others will find it stupid. I am inclined towards allowing this only on moderate in the future.
Posted on 04/28/20 @ 08:33 PM
Now will this AI get to work on all difficulties in future updates?
marathon File Author
Posted on 05/01/20 @ 05:07 PM
I do not plan to cover other difficulties but I have some remote plans for hardest. No cheats, just some nasty things that humans do. Palisade deleting stragglers for example is something that I will only include in hardest once I make the code.
But priority is to fix the core, make it able to support more strategies per civ, support some challenging mods such as Age of Chivalry, and in general make it stronger.
Easiest and easy difficulties make the AI too weak because of hardcoded nerfs.