» Designer's Dataset - Unlock all hidden units in the editor (post version Dawn of the Dukes)
Designer's Dataset - Unlock all hidden units in the editor (post version Dawn of the Dukes)
Posted on 08/15/21 @ 09:38 AM (updated 08/30/21
||Age of Empires II: DE
Unlock all hidden units and display it in the scenario editor (Edited language file name for them to show up) without changing their attributes, or any modification to the actual vanilla units!
You can simply use this datamod for your maps in the editor (include units up to the latest version, Dawn of the Dukes) to your heart's content, and the map after editing will be 100% playable in vanilla.
Right now, this datamod support up to the Dawn of the Dukes version (8/10/2021 update).
How to install:
- Extract both folders: + Designer's Dataset - Unlock all hidden units in the editor (post version Dawn of the Dukes)
+ Designer's Dataset (Strings)
to "C:\Users\Admin\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\(A bunch of numbers)\mods\local\..."
- Make sure that the priority of the strings mod is higher than the main dataset mod! The priority should be like this: + Priority 1: Designer's Dataset (Strings)
+ Priority 2: Designer's Dataset - Unlock all hidden units in the editor (post version Dawn of the Dukes)
- Uncheck all other Datasets / Strings mod you have enabled, or uncheck all of your mods except these two, just to be safe!
More instructions are included in the "readmeordie.txt file...
How to use:
- Restart the game after finishing your download for all of your mod files to work properly!
- After accessing your scenario editor tab, click on the dropdown list located on the bottom right corner, and choose Designers Dataset - Unlock all hidden units in the editor (post version Dawn of the Dukes), and load your scenario to work with.
Some other note:
- Make sure to set your game language to English, otherwise hidden units won't be shown. I'll try to support this datamod for different languages in the future.
- Any duplicate units are reasonably explained (for example, hidden legacy objects like "Queen (hidden)"). For now, there are still some leftover duplicated units left (which are mostly just props), which will get updated over time to be classified.
- Place corpses/rubbles in your map with GAIA player, otherwise they would decay over time.
- Invisible units that I've changed their graphics data for my designing needs are: 94, 436, 438. Invisible when vanilla datamod is used.
- Thousands of hidden editor units, including projectiles, cliffs, rubbles, corpses, eye candies, legacy units, raider units, etc!
- Raider Units are units that can kidnap villagers
- MONKBT: A longboat that can convert other ships
- Bolt explosion: Explode when placed (no effect graphics) and destroy trees
- "Corruption" terrain: Battle Royale mode black border that creeps up in the map. Property seems to be similar to black tile, for now.
v1.0.0: Official release for game version up to Dawn of the Dukes!
- Add 2 new hidden terrain to be displayed in the editor: Unused land and Corruption
- Some more classifications for hidden prop units!
- Unit names classifications are shortened, to be easier to work with using triggers
v1.0.2: Added (temporary) placeholder strings for other languages
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Just the other day I was thinking about how useful a mod like this would be, seeing as getting hidden objects to show in the DE editor is more of a hassle than it used to be in the CD/HD editors. Imagine my surprise when I saw this in the Blacksmith!
This is a simple data mod which doesn't actually change anything about how the game works; instead it simply unlocks everything that is currently hidden in the editor: unused beta units, a plethora of rubble, missiles and much more; all things which designers in CD/HD have taken for granted (sometimes for literal decades) which are harder to come by in DE. duyhung2h has done to the trouble of manually creating strings for each and every hidden object, which is no mean feat!
This is a simple, easy to use mod which gives you more tools in making your scenario. A highly recommended download for anyone who wants to dabble in scenario design.
Thanks for the review, Lord Basse! Glad to see if this dataset is useful to you and everyone else. At first, this was just a novel tool for me to use privately in my own accord, but I chose to finish this and uploaded it for everyone else.
Although recently, I've had many reports that my mod wasn't working, the fault seems to be because of the way DE handles dataset mods.
Should you have any questions / or any issues installing, please leave them in the comments below.
[Edited on 09/03/21 @ 08:29 AM]
This is really excellent, thanks.
I did have slight trouble getting it to work, even though it looked like everything was in order. Closing DE and restarting it seemed to do the trick.
5/5, thank you very much duyhung2h for this important utility for scenario/campaign designers!
After the "All Hidden Units in HD Editor" was released back in 2018 by scenario_t_c, duyhung2h has finally made a version for DE to mess around with the hidden stuff that weren't accessible without tinkering around with AGE.
This is the tool many scenario designers waited for! This data mod allows you to place all objects available in the game, including all units that are normally "hidden" by default.
The installation instructions are clear. It is easy to enable and disable the mod. The way the unhidden objects are listed in the dropdown menues is well thought out.
A must have for all scenario designers.