"Tamerlane moved like a whirlwind through Asia, commanding both fear and awe throughout the world. Rising to power in 1369 on the ruins of the Mongol Empire, his great armies criss-crossed Asia from Delhi to Moscow, conquering and re-conquering, razing some cities, sparing others. His activity was relentless and unending. His fame spread quickly to Europe, where he remained for centuries a figure of romance and horror."
"Tamerlane, Prince of Destruction" is a seven-scenario campaign about Tamerlane, the last of the great nomad conquerors. In this campaign you must lead Tamerlane as he rises from the chief of a small Mongol tribe to the conqueror of the Middle East. More information can be found on the SCN Punk website (www.scnpunk.com).
- Six playable scenarios
- One cut-scene scenario
- Seven soundtracks
- Fun yet historically accurate gameplay
- Battle scenes that don't lag
- Supports all difficulty levels
- Game style is a combination of role-playing, fixed-force, and build-and-destroy.
This campaign also includes an 8.3Mb Music Pack. It is not required, but please download it if you have a fast connection. This campaign includes music from the following albums:
"Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears
"Caravan" by Kronos Quartet
"The Edge" by Gnomusy
"Music of the Crusades" by The Early Music Consort of London
This music is for sampling use only. Please do not copy it or circulate it among your friends. If you really like the music, go out and buy the CDs. All of these CDs are great, except maybe one of them ;-)
Campaign Designer: Mark Stoker (member of SCN Punk Team)
Playtesters: Bob Michaels, Crusader14, EUIX, Freedumb, Gray Wolf, The Great Alexander, Manowar, Strider, and Transcora
- Beatrice Forbes Manz: Author of "The Rise and Rule of Tamerlane" (used to research the history for this campaign).
- The Downward Spiral: For letting me use some music and sounds from "The Nexus" campaign.
- The Rasher: "Map Tricks" scenario.
- Steve Ryan: For letting me use some sounds from the "Legend" campaign.
- Strider: For helping me find some great music.
- Sybex: Official Scenario Design Toolkit.