STORM CLOUDS by Dragoon_Elf
Come, young adventurers...gather your belongings and step through this magic portal into the dark dungeon and underworld below. Come, with your fanciful ideas about puzzles, thrills, and treasure, for you shall find them all, but beware! You are not the first souls to travel here. Many have entered with the same resolve I now see in your eyes, and all have failed. Good luck!
ONLY TEAM LEADER CAN UNLOCK THE GUARDIAN GATE!!!! TEAM LEADERS: PLAYER 1, PLAYER 3, AND PLAYER 5!
Send a description of any encountered bugs/errors to email@example.com
-> Players 1 and 2 comprise Team #1 (The Archers)
-> Players 3 and 4 comprise Team #2 (Infantry)
-> Players 5 and 6 comprise Team #3 (Cavalry)
These 3 teams compete to be the fastest to make their way through dungeon and killing the guardian inside. Each team begins in separate rooms:
-> Team #1 begins in the ROOM OF WATER. Water-related action and puzzles abound like for Ex: transport ship usage.
-> Team #2 begins in the ROOM OF SNOW. Room includes a forest maze filled with deathtraps.
-> Team #3 begins in the ROOM OF CURSED SAND. This room is the hardest (including a tough king puzzle), being that they are the strongest.
The scenario is different everytime you play because if you join the game as a different player color you can be in a different team and explore a completely new area of The Deeper.
Levels are here so kill a number of enemies to gain up to Level 5 (MAX). The guardian can be beaten at level 4 but with difficulty. It's easier to beat him at level 5 but to gain that level you have to kill more than usual, often backtracking your own room. This backtracking takes time away from your chance to reach the guardian, however you can kill him easier if you level to max.
Treasures also abound in the form of might potions and vitality potions of varying strengths (Lo, Mid, etc.) and also extra monks. These are all found in Pavilions.
- Place the ."storm.scx" file in your Age of Empires II/Scenario directory.
- Place the "_groovy.mp3" file in your Age of Empires II/Sound/scenario directory.
Settings for hosts:
- Speed can be "Normal." "Fast" is preferred.
- Slots 7 and 8 must be occupied by computer players..
- Slot 8 MUST be the Chinese civilization. "Korean" is preferred for Slot 7.
- Game must only include even number of players. Ex: If you have a Player 5 without a Player 6, boot #5 to have an even 4 human players.
- Victory MUST be Conquest.
- Map can be "Normal." "Explored" is preferred.
- Team Diplomacy is automatic (i.e. all players should set themselves as " - " meaning no teams).
- Lastly, Team #1 is Britons, #2 is Japanese, and #3 is Franks.
Please, PLEASE....if you are Team #3 make sure you don't move anything once both of you guys step on the grassy area at the king puzzle. Just watch and it will be explained.
Finally, and also a message for Team #3, once you reach the Tower Run, you must both cross the flags nearly close to each other for it to work. It won't trigger correctly if you have one member run through the flags at the end and your partner is trailing something like 10 tiles behind!!