An improvement of Tributary AI. In this version, it will
- Handle nomad map and other maps starting without towncenter
- Do better on some maps with random resources
- Build an army and attack when an ally give it signal (taunt 76). Useful when you've got way too much resource to use but could use some military help, at least some suicidal units to keep your ememy busy when you rebuild your army.
It's still an AI that's focusing on completely helping an ally. It will not build a single military unit or go to Imperial Age unless it gets taunt "76". The are five stages after it builds its first market:
1. Help Ally - (Feudal) tributes everything (food and wood) to ally up to 25 min mark.
2. Help Self - (Feudal) stops tributing and research economic upgrades, advance to castle age.
3. Help All - (Castle) in castle age, keeps tributing ally while retaining some for booming and economic upgrades.
4. Total Help - (Castle) when all researches are done, it tributes all surpluses to ally continuously.
5. Aggressive Mode - (Castle or Imperial) When an ally gives it taunt "76", it will build an army and attack.
An ally can use taunt "70" to ask which stage it is in after feudal age.
The settings are the same as the old Tributary AI's.
- Dark Age start, standard or conquest victory
- Population 75 to 200
- All standard land maps, most custom land maps as long as it's not too weird
- Locked team
* Remove the first line in the .per file to stop its chattering about ememy information
* It does not cheat on resources or use the ememy information it has detected with cheats
* Its attacking personality is based on another ai written by me from scratch: Y-Rusher AI. It attacks like an AI: single-minded and suicidal but never stops. :)
* Intended for single-player games.
* I didn't do much testing as this AI is the result of combining two of my AI's and I have tested those two many times. If you find any bug or have suggestions please e-mail me.
didnt work for me. It it wouldnt give resources and it built a very large army. I never once hit taunt 76
fix it and i will try it again
Y Thingy File Author
Posted on 10/27/01 @ 12:00 AM
If you can remember would you tell me the settings of your game? This AI should give tributes for sure, because I didn't change anything to the tributing part. That part was totally copied from the old Tributary AI which had over 800 downloads. If you have the recorded game that would be great. It does stop tributing once it starts building an army. Are you sure it didn't tribute until at leat Castle Age?
Posted on 10/28/01 @ 12:00 AM
I played it on a new random map called hadrians wall just posted on aokh. I played standard game, 125 population, standard starting age, etc. unfortunatley i didnt record the game. Even though it wouldnt tribute, it was a good ally. Funny thing though, is as the game drug on, I ended up tributing it! to jump start it to attack again. I had it play the saracens, it created a nice army supplemented by lots of monks. But it was stingy bugger, never gave me a thing.
Y Thingy File Author
Posted on 10/29/01 @ 12:00 AM
Um... This AI does not ever build a monastery. If you don't believe me you can run a search in the .per file for a single mention of either "monastery" or "monk". You probably accidentally clicked on another AI instead of Tributary 2.
Posted on 10/30/01 @ 12:00 AM
Tributary2 just scouted with all his vilagers and died.
What should I do?
PS: Tributary1 did the same thing
Posted on 01/24/06 @ 07:09 AM
it didn't work here...
the villagers just started explring while one of them stood collecting wood.
can you help me?
PS.: i didn't change the .per file 'cause i don't know how to do it^^