Former civilizations have died outleaving many ruins, artifacts, and dead bodies.
You and other civs have transplanted yourselves there to sieze their former glory.
It is very hilly and even a few mountain ranges protect, or hinder, your development.
Passages through the jungle and forests are generally small,
which means you could wall yourself in very well, except for where there are swamps.
Help yourself to all the food, gold, and stone you can gather, there is plenty.
Keep in mind that you should scout a lot and very early.
What's that? You already found 5 relics and you see more?
Yes, that's right. Never fewer than 5, never more than 9.
other goodies too.
Well it seems that on gigantic(at least)there can be up to 11 relics. I'm not sure why that is, but there you have it. It's a hard map and the game will last a very LONG time.
abadacus_7 File Author
Posted on 10/07/00 @ 12:00 AM
Well what the relic disfunction actually is, I just figured out, is that there will always be 7 groups, sometimes w/ 2 in a group sometimes not. was suppose to be 7 objects that varied +/- 2 but oh well. works great this way w/ 8 players, everyone gets a relic. enjoy it anyway.It's my first.
Posted on 01/13/01 @ 12:00 AM
Ok, play this map if you like long games.
This map does look nice.
But it has a lot of problems.
1. The author needs to fix the conflicts with roads and cliffs.
2. The rugs appear in the worst places ... ie on cliffs.
3. The mountains are nice, but hell to get through.
4. The boars are not spread well. I played a game where i got no boars, while another player had 7! Not fair ... this in itself can ruin a game.
5. What's with the marshes??? My tc was practically surrounded by marsh ... I could only build 3 farms beside it. My houses had to be built far away. Again, not every player gets this condition ... so that just sucks.
6. Too many trees!