This random map works a bit like a combination between Fortress and ES@Metropolis.
* Two bases, a fortress and an outpost. Both will have a TC, a scout, and the standard villagers. The fortress will have a stone wall surrounding it, and the outpost will never be positioned so there is another TC between it and the fortress. With only two players, though, it could be about halfway across the map.
* Roads connect all the fortresses and outposts. This means that you won't have to scout to find your enemies, but they also won't have to scout to find you. The roads sometimes twist, but each will eventually take you to another player settlement.
* There is a 50% chance there will be a large lake in the center of the map, 25% chance of four smaller lakes, all of which will have plentiful fishing. The large lake also sets up a possibility of naval warfare.
* There is a 33% chance of a frozen map, which will put snow on the ground, and alot of ice on any water that appears.
* Unlike my Gothic Holdings, this map works almost too well with the standard AI, and it is as though you are being attacked by twice as many enemies.
* Since there are roads going everywhere, and a good number of trees, most armies will attack along the roads. For defense, try towering on the roads, for offense, try to stay off the road as much as possible.
* Whether to attack the fortress or the outpost first will be up to personal decision. Wood cutting will be more accessable at the outpost, but some people (especially turtles) might prefer to stick with their fortress, especially if they lack the multitasking ability to work two cities.
* Bryan Tighe for his RMS edit program
* fissh_e for constant attempts to help me
* wileyky for figuring out how to create snow roads as connections