AI Editor is a Windows application for creating and editing Age of Empires II (AoE II), or Age of Kings (AoK) AI (artificial intelligence) scripts. These files are called also "personality files" and usually have the extension PER or AI.
Please refer to the readme.txt file and the 2 help files for more information.
The first 2 releases of AI Editor caused some confusion in people. On some machines they reported that the file msvcp60.dll was missing, or that the executables are linked to a missing export mfc42.dll:6571. I updated AI Editor to fix these problems. I fixed also several other minor bugs. The new version of AI Editor is numbered 1.0.2.
In the future, I intend to publish additional information about AI Editor and AI Editing in general on the MrFixitOnline.com site. Please add a link to this site, MrFixitOnline.com, somewhere in the page where the AI Editor is available for download, so interested users might jump to it easily. Thanks in advance!
What's new in version 1.0.2:
- Fixed problems with missing exports in mfc42.dll.
- Fixed the bug that caused the Computer Player Strategy Builder Guide help file to fail to open sometimes from within AI Editor.
- Updated the timer range accepted by the analyzer to 1-255 instead of 1-10, to enable analyzing of Doug's strategy scripts.
- Added "AI Editor window" help topic.
- Added FEATURES, DOWNLOADING and REFERENCES sections to the README file, and updated some of the old sections.
Please Note: There is a whole bunch more info available in the readme file which you can check out by clicking here.
I don't know if it is just my computer, but apparantly the DLL problem wasn't fixed, cause it still said it was missin
quick download, but might be worthless
Posted on 12/10/99 @ 02:00 AM
The file msvcp60.dll is a Visual Basic 6.0 runtime and can be obtained from the microsoft site. Also updates of the file mfc42.dll can be obtained there also.
Posted on 07/02/01 @ 12:00 AM
This is worthless it is almost the same thing as word. Word can do the same thing except the analyz feature..........
Posted on 03/06/03 @ 12:00 AM
Posted on 09/07/03 @ 12:00 AM
This is late but I figured it was worth it given the lack of a decent review provided earlier.
The program was very good and I used it a lot before TC came out. The context highlighting is great for readability and the analyzer saves a lot of ALT-TABbing out of the game to fix syntax errors. I had no trouble getting the program to run after downloading, though I do keep updated runtime modules installed for such software.
1) This program hasn't been updated for TC, so the new facts and actions are ignored. The help file, which is based on a converted scripting document, is also missing the new information for TC. I wish Stoyan had provided the source (or user-editable data tables) so that we could have done these updates for him.
2) This program catches syntactical errors quite well, but completely misses logic errors, which the default AI files have a few of. Therefore, the analyzer is of limited use. I don't know if it catches 'Rule Too Long' errors because I stopped using the analyzer after TC came out.
Final Word: Given the lack of an update, one will find that a decent text editor that supports custom syntax-highlighting configurations based on file-type to be a better option.
Posted on 12/15/03 @ 12:00 AM
Where can I download a new version of AI Editor ???
I think mine is not good at all.
Posted on 02/09/06 @ 07:48 AM
You have to extract all the files for it to work properly!
Posted on 12/13/08 @ 12:14 PM
Is there an AI editor for age of kings: the conquerers?