1. Start by building a house with 2 villagers, and with the third villager, scout to find the first group of 4 sheep.
2. I think its better not to have 8 vils on sheep that early on. If you want, you can keep a maximum of 7 on sheep in my opinion, although 6 may be better. After that I suggest 1-2 vils on wood and 4-5 vils to forage and go mill before lumbercamp(if you want lots of food), OR send 3-4 on wood and then add 2 or 3 on berries and go lumber camp before mill(if you want more wood).
3. Explore your base a lot more, and then only send the scout to explore enemy base.
4. When the food on the boar you eat hits around 170, drop off food with a non-injured boar eater and go lure the second boar.
5. Always have a sure plan of when to build houses in dark age, so that you dont get housed(like you did at 20 POP), and keep creating villagers at TC continuously. You had a dark age TC idle time of around 1 minute.
6. When forwarding, I suggest sending 3-4 villagers (instead of 2 you sent). Try to complete the barracks before you reach feudal age.
7. Spears and Archers alone are not a very good combo in my opinion in early feudal age. Skirmishers alone can beat them nicely. Try mixing skirmishers with archers instead of building that much spears. Some good combos with archers could be Scouts + Archers or Man-at-arms + Archers. Spearman-Skirmisher
is a very good combo for using spears, and start to make archers only after about 14 mins at the earliest if you go mass spear-skirm.
Posted on 11/26/08 @ 02:26 PM
I need help.
I download the file and go to use it on windows media player but then a message comes up saying that windows media player cannot play the file because it does not recognize the compressing program.
Posted on 11/28/08 @ 07:08 AM
You need to watch it by opening AOC, nothing to do with windows media player.
From winzip, extract the file to the save game folder. That is:
C:/Program files/microsoft games/age of empires II/SaveGame
DrNick93 File Author
Posted on 11/28/08 @ 07:20 AM
You play the recording through Age of Empires 2 The Conquerors, not Media Player.
Posted on 11/28/08 @ 02:40 PM
one thing was the fact that you killed your scout, if I was you I would have explored and found hunting spots and sheep, then explore the enemy.