THIS VERSION IS SPECIALLY REVISED TO ACCOMODATE MP3 TRACKS THAT WILL REPLACE THE AOK MUSIC. SEE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE SOUND FILES.
||Age of Kings 1.0
|Number of scenarios:
In 1030 AD, 15-year-old Haraldr Sigurdsson watched as his half-brother, King Olaf of Norway, was cut down on the battlefield by the English pretender, Svein Knutsson. Haraldr had to run for his life --- an odyssey that took him across Russia to Constantinople, into war against the Normans, and on clandestine missions against the Arabs.
This is Book I of Haraldr's story. At the age of 15, he must make his way across Scandinavia to Kiev, and win the respect of the great Viking monarch, Yaroslav the Wise.
All of the incidents are as historically accurate as possible, based on accounts by the great Icelandic poet Snorri Sturlsson, by writers who were contemporary with this amazing Viking, and by the evidence of modern archaeology.
It is the beginning of the last great Viking age.
I have ripped a special soundtrack for this campaign series from the movie THE 13th WARRIOR. The compressed files containing those tracks are labeled #1aHARmp3 and #1bHARmp3. They're easy to install, but at 6.7 megs combined, they may take nearly an hour to download depending on your system.
They're worth it.
Get the full experience. Become lost in the Age of Vikings. This extraordinary music composed by Jerry Goldsmith will make you hear the trumpets of war, and feel the waves under your dragonship...
Future installments in the Last Viking Prince series will contain small additions to this basic soundtrack package, so if you take the trouble to dl these tracks, you can add onto them with very short add'l downloads. Enjoy.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT NOTE: If you dl'd an earlier version of Book 1, it won't run the mp3's properly. Dump that cpn file and download this version. Sorry for the confusion --- but I hope it will be worth it in the long run!
These sound files are NOT necessary to play the game, but I think you'll be thoroughly pleased by the way they enhance your immersion in the age of Vikings.
If you choose to use the sound files, follow all of the followng instructions. Otherwise, jump ahead to #5.
1) Click here to download the first sound file and here for the second one.
2) Unzip to C:\\ with no subdirectories. The files will drop into place if you installed to the default install directory. (They must end up in AoE2/Sound/scenario.)
3) THEN and ONLY THEN unzip the The Last Viking Prince.cpn. It should go into AoE2/Campaign.
4) Select "Options" (the anvil) in the start-up window. Turn music off - otherwise the game music will conflict with the mp3 files.
If you DON'T use the mp3 files, your instructions begin here:
5) After unzipping The Last Viking Prince to AoE2/Campaign, start the game.
6) Select "Options" (the anvil) in the start-up window. Turn music off if you're using my mp3 files. Otherwise, leave as is.
7) Make your player's name "Haraldr."
8) Exit options. Start the game from "Custom Campaigns."
Enjoy! And feel free to send me comments!
PLEASE DO NOT COPY THESE MP3 FILES, OR CIRCULATE THEM AMONG YOUR FRIENDS. IF YOU DIG THE MUSIC --- GO OUT AND BUY THE CD!!!
These tracks are from THE 13th WARRIOR, music composed by Jerry Goldsmith. If you're into Vikings, you should own this cd. Period.