Posted on 08/10/09 @ 10:37 AM (updated 09/16/12
||The Conquerors 1.0c
This patch is built to make the game more balanced and authentic. The idea is to make all units use-worthy and all civs potentially equal. The units are not drastically edited; a veteran player would not have a problem getting used to the changes.
*win vista \ 7 script fix
*Many very slight adjustments to game units.
*Huntable wolves for gold.
*The pavilion - a quick to build, easy to destroy building. Used to garrison and heal units. Useful in combat zones. Available in Feudal Age.
*Mountable Champion\Dis-mountable Paladin. available in the editor. Mainly for campaign purposes.
*Palisade Gate! your palisade wall will have a purpose!!
*Hound - this unit is available to all civs from the start at the Town Center - this dog will hunt down boars and deer for your villagers to gather meet.
Changes so far:
-Walkable Trees!!! - The forest will no longer be a wall for your (enemies') troops
-Blacksmith upgrades for Scorpion attack & range
-Scorpion Projectile travels faster (hits better)
-Heavy Scorpions upgrade is cheaper
-Deer HP decreased to 4
-Petards require Chemistry
-Petard cost - 100 gold
-Teutons can upgrade to Arbalest
-Scouts see farther
-added graphic fixing script for windows vista and above.
-pop limit is +100.
-catapults require 2 pop, trebuchet 3.
-Town Center Available at Feudal Age.
-Text added to palisade gate.
-villagers deal 2 attack, except hunters.
-pop limit +25 (maximum 225)!
-paladin-champion unit un\packs faster.
-monks can't convert until Castle Age.
-Trebuchets, War Wagons, War Elephants costs 2 pop.
-Feudal Age - Costs also 250G
-Towers - Towers will not fire on its own unless it's occupied, or if town watch\patrol tech is purchased.
-FIX: Mongol Castle Graphics - exidently turned western.
-Pavilion - doesn't require monastery built, cost changed (40F;5W), built faster, provides 2 population.
-Monks - Cannot Convert at Feudal Age, upgraded automatically at castle to convert.
-Heavy Cavalry - Knights, Cavaliers, Paladins, Cataphracts, costs 2 population.
-Heavy Scorpion attack are lowered (by request), as well as research cost.
-Knights & Cavaliers - available one age earlier.
-Palisade Gate unit is now available instead of Sea Gate.
- New Unit: A champion that can pack into a paladin, visa versa. The unit is technically a siege weapon in order for it to function (will be found under "buildings" in the editor). Unit built basically for Campaign making.
- Hidden Units: Beta units added - TWAL, Sea Wall\gates\towers, Advanced Crossbowman.
- Important fix: had an accident with the castle graphics.
- edit to the new pavilion unit: requires Monastery and 50 wood 50 gold.
- New unit: Pavilion. (See above)
- Joan The Made - Fixed standing graphics! (Credit goes to Kor) [the original Joan had only one standing direction]
- Hussars +1 Pierce Armour.
- Cataphracts are a bit weaker vs other units, but still just as powerful vs infantry.
- Monastery Available in Feudal Age. Also functions as a prerequisite to Castle Age. *Imperial Age now demands two buildings including castle.
*All monastery techs remain castle, only monk is producible.
- Stone Wall are heavily resistant to melee, Fortified Walls even more.
- Town Watch tech adds shooter to towers (tower shoots 2 arrows), Town Patrol tech adds one more.
- Wolves are now resource of gold (selling their pelts)
- Teutonic Knights: Less Armour and Attack, more P. Armour and more move speed (still slower than champions).
- Scorpion and H. Scorpion have more HP and Range.
- War Wagons and Elite have more range, have a minimum range, and arrow runs through units like Scorpion.
- Throwing Axeman and Elite have more Attack.
- Spear\Pike\Halberds have 0.5 range.
Check my new total conversion mod:
Age of Empires: Feudal Warfare
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
This mod basically adds some new features to the game & tries to balance some Under-powered units. Some of the problems in AoK was that towers were pretty useless (except Bombard Towers). They did little damage before being destroyed by enemy rams & infantry. Now with upgrades, they can become a serious threat & there are situations where you would prefer towers over castle or bombard towers. Additionally wolves/jaguars are now huntable for gold. This means that they are not just a mere annoyance now as you can get some gold from them now.
I'll mention some balance issues with this mod which can be fixed easily. :-
1) Town Watch research costs the same while it has additional benefits. A slight increase in cost would balance it.
2) Sometimes when you're hunting, wolves come & attack you. When you kill them with your villagers, you loose all food the villagers were carrying.
3)Scorpions are OP. They have too much range compared to their counter Mangonels & have very high hitpoints.
4)Again War Wagon's range is OP. Change their range to normal.
5) Monastery available in Feudal Age is nice but Monks become OP because there is no counter to them in Feudal & can convert units very easily.
6) Pavilion's cost is a bit high. Changing their cost to 30 wood, 30 gold would be better since they garrison only a small number of units.
Overall I would say that this mod is great & I have great expectations. keep up the good work Carmelious. :-)
[Edited on 02/08/11 @ 01:39 PM]