You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Popeychops, Major Helper, Lord Sipia

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1784 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » A Thread for the Appreciation of Anime
Bottom
Topic Subject:A Thread for the Appreciation of Anime
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 72  Next Page »
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 06-12-15 05:51 PM CT (US)         

As requested

Reccommendations for CK

Kids on the Slope
Black Lagoon
My Little Monster
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Baccano
Gunslinger Girl
Redline
Akira
Ghost In the Shell

Anime Review series:

Popeychops: Kannazuki no Miko - Destiny of the Shrine Maiden

Kantai Collection
Ga-Rei: Zero

Moff: Kantai Collection

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 01-09-2019 @ 04:47 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
CarolKarine
Squire
posted 06-12-15 05:56 PM CT (US)     1 / 1784       
I endorse this thread so long as this is in the OP

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
CarolKarine
Squire
posted 06-12-15 06:03 PM CT (US)     2 / 1784       
Besides that, my post on KoTS, as suggested by popey.

Nice intro, yet like every other anime I've watched when subbed has bizarre lyrics. I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing or just bad translations.

Mukae looks transgendered. now that I see more than just her face it's not that bad. maybe it's just that all the guys have feminine features too.

main character is a pansy.

mukae gives main character (whose name I do not remember well) a compliment of "you have a pretty face." For some reason this just (to me) highlights the femininity of the main character more.

hmmm. I feel like the first episode is a bit early to be pushing a love triangle, but okay, I guess I can get behind this.

post will but updated as I watch. I tend to pause videos regularly, so this may be longer than normal for a single episode.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 06-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM).]

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 06-12-15 06:13 PM CT (US)     3 / 1784       
...I love you, CK.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
CarolKarine
Squire
posted 06-12-15 06:15 PM CT (US)     4 / 1784       
*hugs*

Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 06-12-15 06:27 PM CT (US)     5 / 1784       
(And being entirely serious about it)
Aww. I was just about to make a joke post on waifus.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
CarolKarine
Squire
posted 06-12-15 06:33 PM CT (US)     6 / 1784       
I think we can allow jokes in this thread I'll make popey promise to not be a hardass.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 06-12-15 06:42 PM CT (US)     7 / 1784       
And I do seriously appreciate GuP... it's a fun show!

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
CarolKarine
Squire
posted 06-12-15 07:17 PM CT (US)     8 / 1784       
I know why popey likes KoTS, there's chunks about faith in it!

I'm only kinda kidding.

DAWWWWWW, sentaro found his girl! I've decided to make sentaro the main character in my head, cause I don't like the other guy.

THIS SHOW SOLD ME ON THE JAZZ AND NOW IT'S A LOVE RECTANGLE. THANKS. I like this stuff too, but... when it gets cringe worthy I have to pause for a few minutes. I don't do awkward

so, koaru is getting better.

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 06-12-2015 @ 08:30 PM).]

CarolKarine
Squire
posted 06-12-15 08:48 PM CT (US)     9 / 1784       
FOR F*CK'S SAKE. IT'S A LOVE PENTAGON NOW.

CarolKarine
Squire
posted 06-12-15 09:44 PM CT (US)     10 / 1784       
is shitty communication a cultural thing over there?

I find it hard to tell the difference between an internal dialogue, a soliloquy, and something said aloud.

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 06-12-2015 @ 09:47 PM).]

CarolKarine
Squire
posted 06-12-15 10:26 PM CT (US)     11 / 1784       
good, the love pentagon has succumbed to entropy and is breaking up into a couple and a love triangle of a lower power of order.

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 06-12-15 10:28 PM CT (US)     12 / 1784       
This is why I prefer GuP. The only love polygon is Yukari being torn between Miho, the Panzer 38, and the Panzer IV. So... that's a love pyramid.

CarolKarine
Squire
posted 06-12-15 10:37 PM CT (US)     13 / 1784       
is all of popey's anime like this?

at least there aren't filler episodes. those are difficult in something like dragonballz, let alone in a drama like this where you can't just skip shit.

Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 06-12-15 10:46 PM CT (US)     14 / 1784       
is shitty communication a cultural thing over there?

I find it hard to tell the difference between an internal dialogue, a soliloquy, and something said aloud.
I notice that sometimes these shows are prone to being unclear on how the characters are expressing themselves, you should get accustomed to it. As a rule of thumb, if no one answers back, the character is talking to him/her/itself.

Also, a pentagon? Heh, at least it's not a dodecahedron. You'd be amazed at the size of the Anime & Manga example folder's size.

EDIT: From the ones I know, Akira and Ghost in the Shell are action-oriented, but are movies not series. My Little Monster is a drama from what I've gather, and I don't know much of the rest.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms

[This message has been edited by Mithril Knight (edited 06-12-2015 @ 10:49 PM).]

CarolKarine
Squire
posted 06-12-15 10:52 PM CT (US)     15 / 1784       
TV tropes is worse than wikipedia with the links to other articles.

CarolKarine
Squire
posted 06-12-15 10:57 PM CT (US)     16 / 1784       
dawww, the ending of episode 9 was adorable

Mr Wednesday
Cavalier
(id: matty12345)
posted 06-13-15 00:05 AM CT (US)     17 / 1784       
kuroko no basuke

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
Captain Keno
Squire
posted 06-13-15 01:54 AM CT (US)     18 / 1784       
I know that I'm not too well known in the Age of Kings Heaven forums, and honestly I've never posted here before, but I found out about this thread and wanted to say I love this. I recently have had a newfound love for Black Lagoon as well. Also, I have watched tons and TONS of anime in my past.

By the way, has anyone seen Type-Moon's Canaan the anime? It's not half bad.
Have you guys also seen The Big O? Trigun?

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 06-13-2015 @ 01:55 AM).]

Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 06-13-15 02:15 AM CT (US)     19 / 1784       
I recently watched Log Horizon and really enjoyed it. I'd say it's a more mature version of Sword Art Online.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Captain Keno
Squire
posted 06-13-15 05:17 AM CT (US)     20 / 1784       
I liked Trigun. It was a mixture of the wild west and Sci-fi genre and The Big O was something I was exposed to when I was younger (like when I was a kid) and I liked it.
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 06-13-15 05:20 AM CT (US)     21 / 1784       
is all of popey's anime like this?
No, I started you off with something slow
Ck, I like that anime because it has great pacing, likeableish characters, excellent setting, and the line "I can't stand that coon-music Jazz!".

I don't see how you can take the OP seriously when there's a video of anime gangsta rap in it.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 06-13-15 05:24 AM CT (US)     22 / 1784       
I recently watched Log Horizon and really enjoyed it. I'd say it's a more mature version of Sword Art Online.
People love to hate SAO but I actually like it. The 14-episode format was an ambitious one but given the premise I think it really worked. And that ending was really powerful, with Kirito crawling down the hospital corridor, a shadow of his virtual self.

https://youtu.be/7dxbWP1DBXo?t=3m12s

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 06-13-2015 @ 05:27 AM).]

Neochud
Squire
(id: Taichud)
posted 06-13-15 07:33 AM CT (US)     23 / 1784       
Yay, anime is conquering this forum like a wildfire!

I'm watching Ghost in the Shell. It's a great setting and the plots are interesting too. Character development seemed weak to me at first but its just subtle. I also watched a few episodes of Black Lagoon, but it's not my cup of tea.

I may not be as prolific a watcher of anime as Popeychops, but allow me to make a recommendation: Mushishi.

Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 06-13-15 08:21 AM CT (US)     24 / 1784       
People love to hate SAO but I actually like it. The 14-episode format was an ambitious one but given the premise I think it really worked. And that ending was really powerful, with Kirito crawling down the hospital corridor, a shadow of his virtual self.
No I actually really enjoyed SAO too, the story was entertaining and it made me legitimately care about a lot of the characters. It definitely has its issues (the Kirito harem being one of the worst) but I still consider it a good anime. Have you seen both seasons or just the first?

Having said that, Log Horizon appealed to me on more of an intellectual level than an emotional one, and I feel that its writing was generally more consistent than SAO.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 06-13-15 08:22 AM CT (US)     25 / 1784       
There is no second season

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 72  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames