You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Popeychops, Major Helper, Lord Sipia

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Major Helper grows chilies (again)! And tomatoes, too.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Major Helper grows chilies (again)! And tomatoes, too.
Major Helper
AoKH Survivor, Mr. White Teeth
posted 02-15-18 09:02 AM CT (US)         
Oh yes, it's time to begin the growing season again after a year's pause. This time I'll be growing a smaller variety of plants, namely white Bhut Jolokias (super spicy), Bird's Eye Babies (will try making a bonchi (bonsai chili) of it) and Golden Sweet tomatoes. Just finished setting up the germination system earlier.

Not doing such a massive amount of plants as last time either to keep this more manageable. I'll be putting them on the balcony once the outside temperatures no longer drop below +5 C.

Might grow some herbs later, who knows.

And here're the pictures:

Like before, there's a heat mat underneath and I'll try to adjust the setup until the seeds will be in a constant 27-30 C temperature to help their chances of sprouting.

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 02-15-18 12:43 PM CT (US)     1 / 18       
THE PEPPERS RETURN

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Lord Sipia
Knight
posted 02-15-18 01:47 PM CT (US)     2 / 18       
Might grow some herbs later, who knows.
Call the Dutch! We're experts in growing herb. <_< >_>

I am not the type to faint
When things are odd or things are quaint
But seeing things you know that ain't
Can certainly give you an awful fright!

--Pink Elephants on Parade
Major Helper
posted 02-15-18 02:01 PM CT (US)     3 / 18       
My dad certainly loves teasing me about how someone's gonna call the cops when they see all the green peeking from the windows of my apartment

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 02-15-18 02:20 PM CT (US)     4 / 18       
So... what evil plans do you have for the Ghost peppers if they grow?

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms

[This message has been edited by Mithril Knight (edited 02-15-2018 @ 02:20 PM).]

Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 02-15-18 06:10 PM CT (US)     5 / 18       
How spicy is it getting?

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
Major Helper
posted 02-16-18 01:56 AM CT (US)     6 / 18       
Millionish scovilles for the jolokias. As for the evil plans, I might at least attempt to make my dad eat a bit of it though I doubt he'll agree to do so Other than that I'll probably make a lame "ghost" pepper joke with the fact that they're white rather than the usual red too. Then I'll just chop 'em up and freeze them, possibly in an ice cube tray, and use them in cooking very, very slowly.

Major Helper
posted 03-03-18 06:32 AM CT (US)     7 / 18       
Here's a buncha new photos fo' shizzles.

Lord Sipia
Knight
posted 03-03-18 06:41 AM CT (US)     8 / 18       
Those're some pretty dope-ass plants, dawg. Deadass.

...I'm sorry, I won't try that again.

Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 03-03-18 10:42 AM CT (US)     9 / 18       
Those plants are lit fam.

Get it? Lit? I'll see myself out.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
Major Helper
posted 04-07-18 10:44 AM CT (US)     10 / 18       
Heydo, here's another update after a, uh, a month or so! Plants seem to be doing quite well, tomatos are definitely faster at growing than the chilies. The chilies are gradually getting their roots in order too, so at least the three that have been moved on larger rock wool blocks are showing signs of getting ready to grow height. The poor little bird's eye chili shoot in its own tiny little cube of wool is waiting for its very own bonsai growing jar which is currently somewhere in Europe, coming towards where I am

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 04-07-18 10:53 AM CT (US)     11 / 18       
Did someone say banzai desu? >_>

Looking good, Helper. You usually make these into jams and stuff?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Major Helper
posted 04-07-18 11:23 AM CT (US)     12 / 18       
Yep, I use 'em fresh when available and freeze them chopped up or make them into devil's jams for later use.

Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 04-07-18 06:15 PM CT (US)     13 / 18       
I approve of your use of the word jam.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
Major Helper
posted 04-08-18 01:54 AM CT (US)     14 / 18       
Jam sounds more respectable than jelly, I must say

Major Helper
posted 05-06-18 08:36 AM CT (US)     15 / 18       
Moar photos! The plants are growing quite nicely, minus the one tomato that looks like it can't decide whether to die or not, and the one chili that can't decide whether it wants to grow up or not

For some reason there's already a single tomato growing

Lord Sipia
Knight
posted 05-06-18 08:37 AM CT (US)     16 / 18       
and the one chili that can't decide whether it wants to grow up or not
I can relate to you, Mr. Chili.

Major Helper
posted 05-06-18 08:55 AM CT (US)     17 / 18       
Haha

Oh and correction the what I wrote earlier (now that I looked a bit more carefully), there's at least two tomato fruits growing, but the one I took a photo of is clearly the biggest.

Major Helper
posted 06-08-18 05:56 AM CT (US)     18 / 18       
The tomatoes are starting to ripen! There're three that've changed color so far.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames