Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.35 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Music Discussion
Bottom
Topic Subject:Music Discussion
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
haiduk
Squire
posted 03-16-18 06:21 PM CT (US)         
Talk about and share your favorite musicians and artists. New or old. Any genre!

For the metalheads, haiduk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIS6KqjAzUU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nulsBC6tnYM

Turn it up!
AuthorReplies:
John the Late
Knight
posted 03-17-18 04:38 AM CT (US)     1 / 35       
Is this some sort of advertisement? You have 3 posts and I recall you posting this band before.

That aside, I recently re-discovered the British band Zero 7. This song quickly became one of my favourite songs:

Great_Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 03-17-18 04:51 AM CT (US)     2 / 35       
Metallica's ballads are still my favourite.

Co-creator and leader of Monsoon Studios

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

A drush is not a knockout punch; it is the first punch in a combo - Barbarossa

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 03-17-2018 @ 04:51 AM).]

Lurkur
Squire
(id: OtmShankIiI)
posted 03-17-18 01:50 PM CT (US)     3 / 35       
I've been listening to an awful lot of synthwave for the past year or so. It was about time I told you all. Fite me if you disapprove.

Dance With The Dead is my new favorite band.

"Seriously, if human stupidity could be used as a source of power wed already be a class-III civilization and our rockets wouldve reached Andromeda by now."
Cliffs! (4.5)

["I am the True God, Lua-kuh. Hhsssss. Start the Church of the Talking Lizard. Hssssssss. Build the Neo Temple. Spread the Word. Hssssssssssss. Follow meeeeeeeee... to... the otha... siiiiiiiide..."

And then he started belting out vague poetry about wanting to have sex with his mom." -From the great old Aro, about a dream I had.]

[This message has been edited by Lurkur (edited 03-17-2018 @ 04:09 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 03-17-18 02:18 PM CT (US)     4 / 35       
Alo? Salut! Sunt eu, un haiduc

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
MawBTS
I ONCE PUT AN ENTIRE ORANGE INTO MY MOUTH
(id: Bart Pimpson)
posted 03-18-18 00:13 AM CT (US)     5 / 35       
Music recommendation threads generally aren't interesting unless it's by a group of friends who share the same taste. I doubt any of us are on the same page musically, so it'll just be a random jukebox of stuff that nobody has much interest in clicking on.

That said, here's a cool Japanese pop band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYL3DnyA4e0

Here's a Mongolian folk metal band with throat singing and traditional instrumentation (I'm saving up for a morin khuur)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Sn8y0hQg0

For fans of early alternative rock, I've been listening to NME's freebie cassettes from 1981 onwards, which contain a lot of interesting stuff (and bands that would later become famous).
https://nmecassettes.wordpress.com/copy-001-nmerough-trade-c81/

Judas Priest just released a new album, and it's very satisfying and well done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUzcxJNZKC4
Alo? Salut! Sunt eu, un haiduc
Does anyone else have a fetish for low quality audio because of that thing?

[This message has been edited by MawBTS (edited 03-18-2018 @ 00:13 AM).]

ax_man1
Squire
posted 03-18-18 01:01 AM CT (US)     6 / 35       
Music recommendation threads generally aren't interesting unless it's by a group of friends who share the same taste. I doubt any of us are on the same page musically, so it'll just be a random jukebox of stuff that nobody has much interest in clicking on.
I disagree, as I wouldn't have found a lot of songs I like without having seen them mentioned in "what's your favorite song?" threads or happening to hear it on someone's playlist and Shazaming it.

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 03-18-18 01:05 AM CT (US)     7 / 35       
True. I did enjoy your Japanese pop band link though. Here's a (somewhat) similar one in return:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNfboNEFh-g

Edit: Goose House is also amazing:

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 03-18-2018 @ 01:10 AM).]

oliver
Squire
posted 03-18-18 07:16 AM CT (US)     8 / 35       
Perfume is cool. I listened to them at work on Friday afternoon. Would recommend Yasutaka Nakata his band capsule too, as he's the producer of Perfume (as well as Kyary Pamyu Pamyu).

I'm not familiar with the anime is this video, but I can sort-of guess the plot from the imagery. Anyone know it? Apparently it's called hotarubi no mori e.

[This message has been edited by oliver (edited 03-18-2018 @ 07:24 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-22-18 01:33 PM CT (US)     9 / 35       
Also, I'd share my favorite music, but I'm pretty sure Popey or Sipia have a card somewhere that ticks off how many times I've posted Girls und Panzer music videos... with a big square that says "BAN" barely ahead of the tick marks.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Lord Sipia
Knight
posted 03-22-18 02:30 PM CT (US)     10 / 35       
Any musician, any genre? Alright.

I mean, when did the windmills start to turn so slow? It's concerning.

I would like to inquire if you are, by any chance, fond of my automobile of choice.

I am not the type to faint
When things are odd or things are quaint
But seeing things you know that ain't
Can certainly give you an awful fright!

--Pink Elephants on Parade
Great_Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 03-22-18 02:58 PM CT (US)     11 / 35       
I can link Erika or Panzerlied with GuP video for you if you wish Moff

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

Lurkur
Squire
posted 03-24-18 03:42 PM CT (US)     12 / 35       
Does anyone else have an ear for chiptune?

This is actually a medley of this guy's previous work - he's also notable in that he makes his own music for his SFM videos, which can be rather... unsettling to say the least.

"Seriously, if human stupidity could be used as a source of power wed already be a class-III civilization and our rockets wouldve reached Andromeda by now."
Cliffs! (4.5)

["I am the True God, Lua-kuh. Hhsssss. Start the Church of the Talking Lizard. Hssssssss. Build the Neo Temple. Spread the Word. Hssssssssssss. Follow meeeeeeeee... to... the otha... siiiiiiiide..."

And then he started belting out vague poetry about wanting to have sex with his mom." -From the great old Aro, about a dream I had.]

[This message has been edited by Lurkur (edited 03-24-2018 @ 03:48 PM).]

MrMew
Huskarl
posted 03-26-18 09:50 PM CT (US)     13 / 35       
Lord Sipia.
I like your carrrrr.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
Great_Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 03-26-18 11:30 PM CT (US)     14 / 35       
https://youtu.be/vGThECQmSpI
Found this again yesterday...

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 03-26-2018 @ 11:31 PM).]

Lurkur
Squire
posted 05-04-18 03:08 PM CT (US)     15 / 35       

doctor doom playing the guitar

Cliffs! (4.5)

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-04-18 03:17 PM CT (US)     16 / 35       
Thesis writing/Mass Spec background track 1

(Has kawaii botes)
1:28:44 is good for indexing the hundred or so uncategorized references you have.

[This message has been edited by Kousoku Senkan Moffgou (edited 05-04-2018 @ 05:30 PM).]

Lurkur
Squire
posted 08-01-18 08:25 PM CT (US)     17 / 35       

Cliffs! (4.5)

oliver
Squire
posted 08-02-18 05:32 AM CT (US)     18 / 35       
Sounds like laserdance by Frenchmen 20 years too late.
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 08-02-18 07:00 AM CT (US)     19 / 35       
I've been listening to lots of two-hour synthwave mixes.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
Lurkur
Squire
posted 08-02-18 01:34 PM CT (US)     20 / 35       
Synthwave shall be the future of music. Yes, technically it will be a regression, but seeing the direction most mainstream music has taken it will be a welcome change.

Cliffs! (4.5)

[This message has been edited by Lurkur (edited 08-02-2018 @ 01:35 PM).]

Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 08-02-18 03:18 PM CT (US)     21 / 35       
And also Cyndi Lauper.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
Great_Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
posted 08-02-18 05:27 PM CT (US)     22 / 35       
Anyone else really enjoying good bass guitar solos/riffs?

Sinochud
Squire
(id: Taichud)
posted 08-02-18 09:34 PM CT (US)     23 / 35       
This beat is top notch.

Sinochud
Squire
(id: Taichud)
posted 08-02-18 09:49 PM CT (US)     24 / 35       

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-03-18 10:42 AM CT (US)     25 / 35       
I see neither anthrobote nor cis-tank in your music selection, Teitoku.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames