You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Popeychops, Major Helper, Lord Sipia

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Farewell, for now.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Farewell, for now.
Lurkur
Squire
(id: OtmShankIiI)
posted 03-27-18 11:31 PM CT (US)         
Dear people,

I've been thinking, and came to the conclusion I don't think I have a reason to keep coming back to this forum. So I think I'm leaving, at least temporarily. "BUT WHY" you may ask... who am I kidding, nobody's asking.

Like I was saying, I don't feel like I'm part of this community anymore - no real life acquintances, no defined role or notoriety, no shared interests beyond some really old game that let's be honest, I haven't touched in ages. Also there's the inactivity - there simply is nothing to talk about. Just fvcking around on the SS, seeing where it goes, what happens next. And lately, barely anything has been happening.And for long periods, there would be nothing. Nada. It's just depressing, and imo not worth it. There was also that... thing.

See, I just had an awful misunderstanding with a certain member of this community, who I won't name directly, but who I'll describe as "a special kind of manchild. >_>". Simply put, he urged me to post, but I was like "nah im having too much fun playing whatever this is also i dont liek chrismas that much" so he took a jab at be. I'n the SS. I didn't take it well so I... didn't respond all that well. It was unpleasant, and left me feeling really awful. That's when I realized I didn't belong at all. I needed to leave the community, or at least stop actively participating. Just waiting for a whole lot of nothing to pique my attention isn't worth it. Neither are sour moments like the aforementioned thing. I'm done, but I don't want to leave permanently. I know that some care for some reason but it just isn't worth it. Nothing good is happening so I'm leaving. Maybe I'll keep lurking, maybe I won't. Who knows. Who cares.

Also, just so you know, Mr. manchild: It too was in jest. But I think I went too far. It tends to happen to me, and it also tends to backfire ingloriously. It happened before, and lost much because of it. I'm sorry. Maybe I just can't socialize at all. Maybe I'm just better off alone. But that's just me being an antisocial aspie again.

TL;DR I don't feel like a part of the community and I'm also currently mad at a certain monkey over some dumb shit. So I'm taking a rest off it all.

So yeah, No Easter-themed post this year. Hopefully it doesn't go beyond that. Mods, please don't take this as a request for a ban. I'm not that dont with this site yet. At least I don't think so.

So long... I hope.

"Seriously, if human stupidity could be used as a source of power wed already be a class-III civilization and our rockets wouldve reached Andromeda by now."
« Cliffs! (4.5) »

["I am the True God, Lua-kuh. Hhsssss. Start the Church of the Talking Lizard. Hssssssss. Build the Neo Temple. Spread the Word. Hssssssssssss. Follow meeeeeeeee... to... the otha... siiiiiiiide..."

And then he started belting out vague poetry about wanting to have sex with his mom." -From the great old Aro, about a dream I had.]

[This message has been edited by Lurkur (edited 03-27-2018 @ 11:34 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Lord Sipia
Knight
posted 03-28-18 02:03 AM CT (US)     1 / 6       
If that is your decision, then we shall have to abide by it. But this feels like a really spur-of-the-moment decision. You should take some time to let your feelings level out and then consider again if this is really what you want.

Just know that I value every member of our little community, you included. And for what it's worth, I liked having you around. There's no need to justify your continued presence. Just being here, even occasionally, is enough. Please don't feel like you're unwelcome because of anything you did or said. Trust me, as a moderator, I'll let you know if and when that happens.

I went back and looked at what happened in SS. While I can't know exactly how you experienced it, of course, I understand how it is and why you feel the way you do. You've talked about your tendency to have these misunderstandings before, haven't you? There's really nothing to be ashamed of. I misunderstand people almost every day of my life. Still, if you feel like participating in this forum is having a bad effect on you, then of course I understand completely if you want to take time off of it.

"You can't open up the story of my life and just go to page 738 and think you know me."
--Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson (on judging people by their Google search history)

"It's hard to have an existential crisis when everything is so pretty."
--Dan "Danny Sexbang" Avidan
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 03-28-18 03:30 AM CT (US)     2 / 6       
I'm sorry you feel this way. Obviously nobody stays forever, but it's always sad when a member of the community leaves. But worse still is when you realise that someone hasn't posted in a very long time.

It's upsetting to read about your experience and I hope it hasn't bothered you beyond the forums as well. This is supposed to be a fun place, and all too often that stops being that case. I don't now what we can do about it.

At the end of the day, our time on the planet is very short. I hope you can look back on what you've shared with us and remember it fondly. You'll always be welcome here.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 03-28-18 07:51 AM CT (US)     3 / 6       
Mister Manchild genuinely wishes you no ill. It's just clear we operate on different wavelengths. Just because you and I had trouble talking doesn't mean you should go.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Major Helper
AoKH Survivor, Mr. White Teeth
posted 03-28-18 09:28 AM CT (US)     4 / 6       
I wish you all the good luck with whatever you will do, we'll be here if you ever feel like saying hi!

(Assuming the HG software doesn't go bust before that anyways )

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
Mithril Knight
Squire
posted 03-28-18 10:16 AM CT (US)     5 / 6       
*salutes*

Farewell, Lurkur. If you ever feel the need to pop in feel free to do so, remember that everyone is always welcome to come back.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
ColdCanuck
Squire
(id: Coldviper)
posted 03-28-18 09:18 PM CT (US)     6 / 6       
Get outta here you wanker!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to: