You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Popeychops, Major Helper, Lord Sipia

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.85 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » What game(s) are you playing?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What game(s) are you playing?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
ax_man1
Squire
posted 09-23-18 02:38 PM CT (US)         
Holy shit it's been a looooong time since I started a thread.

Right now my megafactory in Factorio is on hold as I rerun some numbers after miscalculating output requirements and work through a case of the Don't-Wannas about tearing down my current foundry block setup after realizing the bot logistics won't work like I want them to (visually I think the foundries look damn good).

I also started playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, and it's a somewhat refreshing game to play: no inventory, no quests, puzzles, Norse mythology, and a combat system that's both intuitive and aggravating. The inability to jump I'm still trying to get over though.

ax_man1

Owner of a post 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500
Not all are in the same thread, but 4 of them are
AuthorReplies:
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 09-23-18 02:51 PM CT (US)     1 / 85       
Tropico 5 Espionage DLC.

Dusted off Spacebase DF9. Shit, that game is frustrating and highly dependent on RNG. I think I have a decent base going but we're one pirate attack away from death... and my failed base before that where everyone kept dying but a ship came along shortly after revealed the endgame event: giant pirate attack with 50 ships. F**king wonderful.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Lord Sipia
Knight
posted 09-23-18 03:09 PM CT (US)     2 / 85       
Factorio, eh? I try it again every once in a while, but it's a nightmare. I can't manage all these different resources and (semi)finished products for beans, it always turns into conveyor belt spaghetti. Those Youtube videos make it look so easy.

I revisited A Hat in Time to check out the new DLC, which is... alright, but not as well-made as the base game by a long shot, bit disappointing. Also played Banished for a while, was nice and challenging at first, but once you get past the early difficulties and your town is stable it gets rather monotonous. After that I guess the idea is that you design your town however you want and challenge yourself, but there's not enough bells and whistles to make that fun for me.

Oh, and I bought Railroad Tycoon 3 from GOG, for nostalgia's sake. I got it as a birthday gift from I-don't-remember-who when I was younger, but whoever gave it to me obviously didn't realize that just because it says ages 3 and up on the box doesn't mean it's actually playable from that age. It does require a good understanding of economics to know how to play, which I lacked. Now that I'm a big boy (or so I've convinced myself), I decided it's time I give it a proper shot. Did alright, but not gonna stick around to gold medal every scenario, some of them are just annoying. Also, as far as I can tell, this game coined the term "Dutchlantis", which is my favorite nickname for my home country.

Also bought and played Warcraft III for similar nostalgia reasons, and I casually play Overwatch to wind down after I get home from college. There's still a couple games I bought from the latest Steam Sale which I still intend to get around to, but I don't know when that'll be.

"You can't open up the story of my life and just go to page 738 and think you know me."
--Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson (on judging people by their Google search history)

"It's hard to have an existential crisis when everything is so pretty."
--Dan "Danny Sexbang" Avidan
Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 09-23-18 04:47 PM CT (US)     3 / 85       
I've been playing Stellaris. I started with a joke faction recently based on my real-life civic views... And it worked. Astonishingly well. Now I've uninstalled all my mods for achievements and I'm smashing it.

I may go back to minecraft soon: I don't want to keep paying for my server as nobody is using it. But if I enjoy it, I'll keep going.

I recently quit Elite: Dangerous cold turkey. I was no longer enjoying it and felt that the game doesn't respect the player's time.

Lastly, I have Pokémon blue emulated on my phone. It's great! I'm naming all my mons "*BOI" eg Pikachu as SPARKYBOI. It's a fun challenge to think of a name for each one.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
ax_man1
Squire
posted 09-23-18 05:01 PM CT (US)     4 / 85       
I never got into Minecraft, which is odd because I like exploration and building stuff in games.

ax_man1

Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 09-23-18 05:04 PM CT (US)     5 / 85       
What is it that you feel is missing? Is it the complete freedom and lack of structure?

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
rewaider
Squire
posted 09-23-18 10:10 PM CT (US)     6 / 85       
Tbh the exploration in minecraft has always been pretty lackluster. There's not much new nor crazy to find in any of the randomly generated worlds on it... At least not enough to keep you interested to play it more than a few times (purely for exploration I mean, not building).
Mods and plugins are the only saving grace that kept the game alive and well for so many years.... At least in my experience, 90% of the time (and it was a looot of time) I've had in MC was with me either building/playing on a server with tons of plugins installed or playing LAN worlds with mods.

I'm playing Warframe, btw (slightly more than I'd like to admit it)

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith

[This message has been edited by rewaider (edited 09-23-2018 @ 10:15 PM).]

Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 09-23-18 11:04 PM CT (US)     7 / 85       
I recently got minecraft, and would be down to play if we got a group going.
and I casually play Overwatch to wind down after I get home from college.
Let me know if you ever want to play, I've been playing casually on and off for a while.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-24-18 07:38 AM CT (US)     8 / 85       
Some of you have Tropico 5... love to try out the multiplayer with that.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Lord Sipia
Knight
posted 09-24-18 09:51 AM CT (US)     9 / 85       
(purely for exploration I mean, not building).
I think a big part of Minecraft's charm is that these things aren't divorced from one another. You don't just walk by a scenic mountainside and think "oh okay cool," you see that and you think "Ohh, I'mma build a fortress in that one!"

...The main thing that holds me back is, I don't like to put effort into making things that nobody will ever see, it makes me feel like I could be spending my creativity better. On that note...
I recently got minecraft, and would be down to play if we got a group going.
I second that. Minecraft's only fun together, really.
Let me know if you ever want to play, I've been playing casually on and off for a while.
Sure thing, my tag is just "lordsipia", shoot me a friend invite. Don't know when we'd both be online at the same time, but it's worth a try.
Some of you have Tropico 5... love to try out the multiplayer with that.
Might also be down to try that... Although, I dropped playing it not long after I first bought it, and I haven't touched it since. So I'd be a more than a little rusty.

"You can't open up the story of my life and just go to page 738 and think you know me."

[This message has been edited by Lord Sipia (edited 09-24-2018 @ 09:52 AM).]

Major Helper
AoKH Survivor, Mr. White Teeth
posted 09-24-18 09:56 AM CT (US)     10 / 85       
I wouldn't mind playing Minecraft sometime, I greatly enjoy leveling mountains with my trusty spades and pickaxes I'm the type who enjoys the digging process more than building anything, which is why I also get bored of MC quickly.

I just started playing Sims 3 again as myself in a house modeled after my apartment. Kinda nice

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-24-18 10:24 AM CT (US)     11 / 85       
That's okay. I'm just achievement farming.

Err, I mean, I'd be playing for fun. With you. And taking it easy. Yes. <_<

Major Helper
posted 09-24-18 11:16 AM CT (US)     12 / 85       
Sounds suspiciously like the way I played Terriaria with, uh, Henrz? DE? LS? Can't remember. The way I forced the poor fella rush through the game because ain't nobody got time for fooling around with bronze or whatever ! By the time we got to end game he was just burnt out or something.

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
Lord Sipia
Knight
posted 09-24-18 11:25 AM CT (US)     13 / 85       
The way I forced the poor fella rush through the game because ain't nobody got time for fooling around with bronze or whatever ! By the time we got to end game he was just burnt out or something.
Yeah, that sounds like my experience playing Terraria with you. By the end I felt like I'd been dragged to hell and back several times... Actually, I was, now that I think about it.

Major Helper
posted 09-24-18 12:01 PM CT (US)     14 / 85       
Haha, true dat

Lurkur
Squire
(id: OtmShankIiI)
posted 09-24-18 12:31 PM CT (US)     15 / 85       
Huh, Minecraft. Haven't heard that name in a long past forever. Okay actually I've been meaning to go back to it but it's been so long... also I noticed there's two versions now - classical Java and uh what's it again? Bedrock? So which one should I grab then...?

On my nth Skyrim playthrough right now, I think I've officially run out of fun things to do. my god there's an awful lot of unplayed games in my library what am i doing with my life

Also MH you kinda remind me of my little brother when it comes to Terraria... always rushing to get the best crap while sods like me just want to build nice stuff. If you really are anything like him then you must not be much fun to play with

"Seriously, if human stupidity could be used as a source of power wed already be a class-III civilization and our rockets wouldve reached Andromeda by now."
« Cliffs! (4.5) »

["I am the True God, Lua-kuh. Hhsssss. Start the Church of the Talking Lizard. Hssssssss. Build the Neo Temple. Spread the Word. Hssssssssssss. Follow meeeeeeeee... to... the otha... siiiiiiiide..."

And then he started belting out vague poetry about wanting to have sex with his mom." -From the great old Aro, about a dream I had.]

[This message has been edited by Lurkur (edited 09-24-2018 @ 12:40 PM).]

The Great Artiste
Serial No. 44-27353
(id: Great_Artiste)
posted 09-24-18 12:46 PM CT (US)     16 / 85       
Lots of Overwatch lately, as well as Creativerse, Heartstone and Warframe

Co-creator and leader of Monsoon Studios

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

A drush is not a knockout punch; it is the first punch in a combo - Barbarossa
Major Helper
posted 09-24-18 02:03 PM CT (US)     17 / 85       
@Lurkur: Yeah, it's definitely possible I'm not too fun to play with, as it's usually one of the two: either I'm too goal oriented or then I'm just doing my own thing Terraria and Minecraft are kinda like the two extreme examples of those playstyles. In Terraria I just go forward at full speed, while in MC I just dig dirt by myself while occasionally asking what the others are doing I don't think I'm too good at playing multiplayer just for fun, the only game that instantly comes to mind for that is Garry's Mod that I used to play back in the day. Loved making race tracks and wooden wars.

EDIT: actually, it might be interesting to count how many games I've spoiled for people over the years

[This message has been edited by Major Helper (edited 09-24-2018 @ 03:06 PM).]

rewaider
Squire
posted 09-24-18 03:46 PM CT (US)     18 / 85       
I think a big part of Minecraft's charm is that these things aren't divorced from one another. You don't just walk by a scenic mountainside and think "oh okay cool," you see that and you think "Ohh, I'mma build a fortress in that one!"
That's basically minecraft in a nutshell.
It's usually not that great of a time investment indeed But it is kinda fun to see the results of your efforts (specially if you're building in multiplayer or in a server).

Also, Terraria with mods is the best thing ever (the early game gets much less repetitive/dragged - which is one of my main qualms with what's otherwise a great game).

The Fall of Hummaria -- Teaser [4.2] -- Project's Thread
Cavern Pirates -- The Treasure Hunt [4.6] -- Captain's Revenge
My Blacksmith
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 09-24-18 04:04 PM CT (US)     19 / 85       
Also, Terraria with mods is the best thing ever (the early game gets much less repetitive/dragged - which is one of my main qualms with what's otherwise a great game).
Agreed! I use Thorium, Calamity, and a whole host of smaller ones.
Sure thing, my tag is just "lordsipia", shoot me a friend invite. Don't know when we'd both be online at the same time, but it's worth a try.
It didn't find anyone by that name, but I sent a request to your HG email. It went to *someone* so hopefully that worked. If not, my tag is Blatant #1621

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 09-24-2018 @ 04:07 PM).]

ax_man1
Squire
posted 09-24-18 06:20 PM CT (US)     20 / 85       
By the end I felt like I'd been dragged to hell and back several times... Actually, I was, now that I think about it.
You chose to play with Moff

ax_man1

Uchuu Senkan Yamoffo
Moff
posted 09-24-18 08:00 PM CT (US)     21 / 85       
Eh? Him and Helper. I've never played Terraria with anyone.

ax_man1
Squire
posted 09-24-18 09:00 PM CT (US)     22 / 85       
Ah, well, from Sipia, reading it without context anyone could mistake it for being about you

ax_man1

Lord Sipia
Knight
posted 09-25-18 01:24 AM CT (US)     23 / 85       
It didn't find anyone by that name, but I sent a request to your HG email. It went to *someone* so hopefully that worked. If not, my tag is Blatant #1621
Oh, right, my HG email. Eheheh... I should really check that more often. '>_>

But anyway, my account isn't registered to that address so I didn't get it. It seems I successfully sent you an invite, though, so that should've gone through.
Ah, well, from Sipia, reading it without context anyone could mistake it for being about you
Why are you reading it without context, then?

Popeychops
"Cool" Huskarl
posted 09-25-18 03:16 AM CT (US)     24 / 85       
Everyone who wants to play Minecraft, hit me up on discord for details! I will whitelist you when I get back from Paris

ax_man1
Squire
posted 09-25-18 05:18 PM CT (US)     25 / 85       
Why are you reading it without context, then?
Because it was funnier that way?

ax_man1

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames