You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by HockeySam18, Barbarossa89, John the Late

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » Fast Castle and Knights
Bottom
Topic Subject:Fast Castle and Knights
ephestion
Squire
posted 10-24-18 10:57 PM CT (US)         
In case you are wondering how to execute a fast castle time with knight production. This is a moderate fast castle time meaning you can get to castle age quicker but you won't have as much resources to make knights.

https://youtu.be/Bd18tLs9368

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
AuthorReplies:
TriRem
Huskarl
posted 10-25-18 05:50 AM CT (US)     1 / 5       
No offense, but I would hardly call it a fast castle.

With 30 pop you should be reaching castle at 15:40, and you got 17:24. That's over 100s of TC idle time, meaning you are 4 villagers beging someone with continuous villager production. That's one big problem.

Second, your build is completely off. You send villagers to gold way too early, you have 500 gold floating by the time you click castle. Your gold villagers should be the last ones you create before clicking to feudal.

Third, if you are doing a FC into knights, you should make a barracks after clicking to feudal and the stable+blacksmith to click castle, not clicking up with blacksmith+market+barracks+stable. That's a big waste of wood and villager time.

Fourth, you didn't get any eco upgrade. You should get the first wood and farm upgrade after clicking castle, and the second wood upgrade right after reaching castle. Also, get upgrades on your knights if you are planning to make them, so get at least the first defense upgrade and bloodlines.

I strongly recommend Zeroempire's interactive fast castle tutorial to improve your FC.

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
ephestion
Squire
posted 10-26-18 09:34 AM CT (US)     2 / 5       
Second, your build is completely off. You send villagers to gold way too early, you have 500 gold floating by the time you click castle. Your gold villagers should be the last ones you create before clicking to feudal.
What is the point of getting to castle at 15:40 and wasting another 2 minutes trying to get enough gold for knights?
Third, if you are doing a FC into knights, you should make a barracks after clicking to feudal and the stable+blacksmith to click castle, not clicking up with blacksmith+market+barracks+stable. That's a big waste of wood and villager time.
True its an option.
Fourth, you didn't get any eco upgrade. You should get the first wood and farm upgrade after clicking castle, and the second wood upgrade right after reaching castle. Also, get upgrades on your knights if you are planning to make them, so get at least the first defense upgrade and bloodlines.
I went full knight production. You can do it better with upgrades but it was a sandbox map so I didn't get upgrades.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
TriRem
Huskarl
posted 10-26-18 02:52 PM CT (US)     3 / 5       
What is the point of getting to castle at 15:40 and wasting another 2 minutes trying to get enough gold for knights?
Simple, 30 pop uptime is enough to support 2 stables knights production with a proper build. But if you want to be up later to have more eco that's perfectly fine, but don't leave your TC idle in the meantime. On the video you have the same uptime of someone who did a 32+2 pop uptime, but you are 4 villagers behind.
I went full knight production. You can do it better with upgrades but it was a sandbox map so I didn't get upgrades.
Always get upgrade. They are worth it. If you want to show an example of knight rush, do it realistically.

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
Draco_Wolfgand
Squire
posted 10-29-18 08:34 AM CT (US)     4 / 5       
More preciselly, always get the armor upgrades( Cavalry is pretty useless without armor ) and, if you are going to make more then five knights or so( Which... You probably are ), get Bloodlines. If, for whatever reason, you are -Going-To skip a upgrade, Iron Casting and Husbandry are relatively the least cost-effective upgrade for a Knight Rush... But they are still pretty cheap anyway, so there is no real reason for you not to get then.
murdilator
Squire
posted 11-28-18 01:08 PM CT (US)     5 / 5       
I would use a custom map, if you are a slow player.

Some folks manage quick castle, quick knights, others don't. But again I encourage more to start out with, then wedge down.

Try practicing with cheats and see how to use knights en masse. Then reduce to your number and you should be fine.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames