You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » News Discussion » Age of Empires II HD: Rise of the Rajas
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age of Empires II HD: Rise of the Rajas
HockeySam18
Dúnadan
posted 12-13-16 08:16 PM CT (US)         

Welcome to Age of Empires II HD: The Rise of the Rajas; the third new official expansion for the Age of Empires II universe in over 17 years. Challenge friends with four additional civilizations, new units, technologies, and build your empire on both water and land. Guide history's greatest heroes in Southeast Asia through four additional campaigns and conquer your foes with mighty hordes of elephants under your command!

Four New Civilizations

- Burmese - Assemble the largest empire in the history of Southeast Asia through a legion of Battle Elephants that can demolish the most powerful of defenses. The Burmese unique unit is the Arambai, a ranged cavalry unit with a deadly but low accuracy attack.

- Khmer - Construct the largest religious monument in the world and amass an immortal army of devastating siege weapons. The Khmer unique unit is the Ballista Elephant, a mounted scorpion that can be upgraded to fire two bolts simultaneously.

- Malay - Conquer Southeast Asia with the vast island empire of Malay and upgrade your docks to harbours which can shoot arrows. The Malay unique unit is the Karambit Warrior, an extremely cheap infantry unit that can quickly overwhelm its foes.

- Vietnamese - Lead your people to independence and wage guerilla warfare with an extremely powerful arsenal of ranged units. The Vietnamese unique unit is the Rattan Archer, a heavily-armored ranged unit that is effectively impervious to enemy archer attacks.

Four New, Fully Voiced Campaigns

- Gajah Mada: On the island of Java, a new power is rising. Gajah Mada, prime minister of Majapahit, conspires to build an empire to rule the waves and islands of the Archipelago. Will he be able to balance his unquestioned loyalty to the king with his growing ambitions?

- Suryavarman I: It is the early 11th century and the Khmer Empire is in turmoil, torn apart by competing factions and surrounded by hostile neighbors. Only one prince, Suryavarman, has the courage and cunning to defeat his rivals and restore the Khmer to their former glory. Seizing the throne, however, is just the first of many tasks. Will Suryavarman muster the strength to expand his domain, overcome adversity, and create a timeless legacy as the king who attained Nirvana?

- Bayinnaung: A warrior king seeks to unite a divided land. But when he is betrayed, only his devoted servant can continue his legacy. Can a mere commoner ascend the Burmese throne and build the largest empire in Southeast Asian history?

- Le Loi: When a civil war plunged Dai Viet into chaos, the Ming Emperor intervened and seized control. Now, the only hope for freedom from oppression lies with one man: a minor noble named Le Loi. Will he be able to unite feuding factions, defeat the Chinese, and regain Vietnamese independence?

New Generic Units

- Battle Elephant: Created at the stable and available to each of the new civilizations, the Battle Elephant is a slow and powerful cavalry unit that is devastating in melee combat. Each new civilization has its own unique bonuses to set their elephant regiments apart.

- Imperial Skirmisher: The long-awaited upgrade to the iconic Elite Skirmisher unit, the upgrade is available to the Vietnamese and all of their teammates.

New Environments

Land meets the sea in The Rise of the Rajas! Alongside massive rainforests and treacherous beaches, the new mangrove forests and shallows provide a whole new playstyle. The new amphibious terrain can be built on and both land units and ships can pass through it. This new terrain type is featured on each of the five new random maps.

Additional Features

- Improved AI
- 5 New Random Maps
- 5 New Special Maps
- 5 New Real World Maps
- 13 New Terrains
- Several New Scenario Editor Objects
- Numerous Balance Adjustments - Full Changelog Here
- Improved Spectator Mode

Feel free to discuss below!

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies of one who has done well." - Hávamál

"Hockey is the only sport left for true men." - ax_man1

[This message has been edited by HockeySam18 (edited 12-17-2016 @ 10:28 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Hunyadi
Squire
posted 12-13-16 09:14 PM CT (US)     1 / 16       
Wow that's awesome! Took me by surprise I have to admit. Love that the Khmer are finally part of this. They should have been in the original AoC expansion. Well I look forward to checking out the new civs. Very nice work by the team. Thank you guys and girls. Really appreciated.

From the ashes the Phoenix has arisen
TheAwesomeAlex
Squire
posted 12-14-16 09:05 PM CT (US)     2 / 16       
I LOVE IT!!?!?!?!bduysav fisa

when is it coming out?

EDIT: ok i was kidding

[This message has been edited by TheAwesomeAlex (edited 12-14-2016 @ 09:07 PM).]

Dr Roach
Squire
posted 12-15-16 08:48 PM CT (US)     3 / 16       
Oh gooderness. Another expansion!

Age of Empires 2 is getting all kinds of new love. I will probably get HD Version +all the expansions as soon as they allow data modding on the Steam version.
Cysion
VIP Forgotten Empires
posted 12-16-16 06:46 AM CT (US)     4 / 16       
.dat modding is coming on Monday!
TriRem
Huskarl
posted 12-16-16 07:51 AM CT (US)     5 / 16       
I love you Cysion.

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-16-16 09:40 AM CT (US)     6 / 16       

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 12-16-2016 @ 09:42 AM).]

Usac
Squire
posted 12-16-16 10:18 AM CT (US)     7 / 16       
Does that mean we could mod in civs at last?
Fenriz94
Squire
posted 12-16-16 11:56 AM CT (US)     8 / 16       
The Building Set is wonderfull Who is the creator?
jernside
Squire
posted 12-16-16 01:18 PM CT (US)     9 / 16       
After reading some "known names" in the Mapdesign credits I hope for finally good campaigns

~Finished Projects~
5 Christmasmaps

~soon~
some Minimaps and other stuff
Dr Roach
Squire
posted 12-16-16 06:06 PM CT (US)     10 / 16       

I'm gonna get the whole package as soon as I can scrape together 40 bucks.

[This message has been edited by Dr Roach (edited 12-16-2016 @ 06:08 PM).]

CarolKarine
Squire
posted 12-18-16 02:35 PM CT (US)     11 / 16       
Performance is garbage and pathfinding hadn't been fixed. GJ skybox, let's milk the community for money with more content while failing to fix glaring issues that have existed for multiple years now.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
jernside
Squire
posted 12-20-16 01:04 PM CT (US)     12 / 16       
The new stuff is really great

But the mapdesign is not so great. I played the Khmer campaign and it was more like random map design. I heard hockeySam was mapdesginer in this Add-on too.
Which campaign did you designed? I want to play now something beautiful

~Finished Projects~
5 Christmasmaps

~soon~
some Minimaps and other stuff
Al_Kharn the Great
Squire
posted 12-20-16 01:09 PM CT (US)     13 / 16       
I wouldn't say Khmer is RM-like. There's pockets of detail all over the maps. What may make it seem like an RM are the generally open spaces which make sense given the B&D nature and the generally bad pathfinding of the HD edition.

Each of the campaigns was designed by a different designer so you may find another one's style more appealing to your tastes.

Filthydelphia Creations
Tristan & Iseult ~ 1st Place (tied), 2014 Historical Scenario Design Contest
City of Peace ~ 2nd Place, 2014 Minigame Competition
Dragon's Head, Serpent's Tail ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Defend the Spot Competition
Ragnar's Raids ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Historical Scenario Design Contest
Complete Campaign Collection

[This message has been edited by Al_Kharn the Great (edited 12-20-2016 @ 01:17 PM).]

Aenon
Squire
posted 12-21-16 12:09 PM CT (US)     14 / 16       
The best Christmas gift i could have imagined, and i was not even aware there was a new DLC coming !

I'm in love, thank you so much !

(what's the thing with Dat editing ? I'm editing AOK HD since the begining with Advanced Genie Editor...)

Winter is coming.
Bunmy010
Banned
posted 04-14-17 09:47 PM CT (US)     15 / 16       
A mobile version of legend game Age of Empires is ready now.
Top Great Real Time Strategy Game for iOS 2017.
👉Empires War - Rise of the Empire is available on App Store.
Download link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1183325300
Facebook fanpage: https://business.facebook.com/empireofthrone/
Mahazona
Squire
posted 04-14-17 10:00 PM CT (US)     16 / 16       
There is no actual game play in the videos,looks like they are a mix of other games.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames