You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » News Discussion » All The Stats You Ever Needed To Know
Bottom
Topic Subject:All The Stats You Ever Needed To Know
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-30-16 10:11 PM CT (US)         
The work leading up to this announcement has been a long time in the making. In addition to all the guides we have in our University, we now have our very own reference on unit stats in the game. It's not just a static table either. It's sortable, adjusts stats depending on the expansion you choose, and you can even remove different classes of units from view, such as only viewing infantry and cavalry together. Stats of all the heroes can be viewed as well. Head over to the Units Table now to check it out!

Coming soon are separate pages with advanced stats on each individual unit. Links to these pages can be found on the Units Table or from the Game Info page. The militia line is already complete, so you can get a taste of what's to come for all of the remaining units. Here's an example of the Militia page.

As an additional note, we plan to have units and updated stats for the new Rise of the Rajas expansion soon.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 12-30-2016 @ 10:12 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
gag2000
Squire
posted 12-31-16 06:17 AM CT (US)     1 / 8       
impressive work you have done Leif Ericson !
Mash
Huskarl
(id: Mashek)
posted 12-31-16 10:29 PM CT (US)     2 / 8       
Saegan
Squire
posted 01-05-17 03:42 PM CT (US)     3 / 8       
This is fantastic!

Thanks for the work putting this all together!

“Strategy requires thought, tactics require observation”

[This message has been edited by Saegan (edited 01-05-2017 @ 03:54 PM).]

alincarpetman
Cavalier
posted 01-15-17 06:02 PM CT (US)     4 / 8       
This is some amazing work, thanks for this!

Will there be a similar stat table for buildings, etc?

Is there any way the coding can be shared with other HG heavens so similar tables can be made for other games?

And is there a way to select all the games AOK thru African Kingdoms to display all the units ever made, it looks like currently you can only view all the units for each separate release
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 01-15-17 07:34 PM CT (US)     5 / 8       
Thanks, a buildings stats page is planned. When it's actually released depends on my schedule.

I can certainly share the coding. If you're thinking about your own heavens, I can email you. Do they use Radiant as the CMS or Zope (or something else)?
And is there a way to select all the games AOK thru African Kingdoms to display all the units ever made, it looks like currently you can only view all the units for each separate release
It's perhaps misleading, but selecting African Kingdoms should do this. It loads the Forgotten Empires units as well.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´

[This message has been edited by Leif Ericson (edited 01-15-2017 @ 07:37 PM).]

alincarpetman
Cavalier
posted 01-16-17 11:23 PM CT (US)     6 / 8       
RONH & ROLH use Zope as far as I know, though I'd like to know where/how Radiant is used also.

You may be interested in this Game Files table I made for Rise of Legends here. It's a similar concept of organizing game info on a table and I was planning to do similar tables for units, spells, techs, buildings, etc.
You can download the table as html, pdf and ods files here.

A while back I thought it would be helpful if every rts game shipped with such tables available as it helps immensely to have the data organized, viewable and sortable in such a manner for quick reference and comparison.

So I could see a Game Files table for AOE2, AOE1, AOM, city builder games, etc. Even though some players and modders have some of this info memorized, it will help those new and old to find something.

I can email the table to anyone interested, or check my profile to contact me.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 01-28-2017 @ 08:48 PM).]

John the Late
Knight
posted 01-18-17 04:19 PM CT (US)     7 / 8       
alincarpetman
Cavalier
posted 01-28-17 08:47 PM CT (US)     8 / 8       
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames