You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » News Discussion » The Blacksmith Gets a New Feature
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Blacksmith Gets a New Feature
Leif Ericson
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-13-17 10:50 PM CT (US)         
No, this isn't a Blacksmith Feature where we recognize an awesome work that has been submitted to the Blacksmith in the past. The Blacksmith actually has a new feature of its own. Below the New Files sidebar on the left side of the page is a new Recent Updates sidebar! Now when your work has been updated, it will display in this sidebar.

In addition, as many of you have known, files that had been updated since their original Blacksmith release had some "updated on" text that appeared above the main banner. This text has now been relocated to a much more pleasing location, below the name of the file.

We hope that these tweaks will make your Blacksmith browsing experience that much better. Happy downloading!

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
AuthorReplies:
Zetnus
Squire
posted 03-14-17 05:22 AM CT (US)     1 / 7       
This is an excellent addition to the Blacksmith!

......../\
......./ / / \ Check out my Blacksmith submissions as well as my stuff in the Steam Workshop.
....../ / /\\ \
...../ /_/_\\ \ Proud guardian of the Updated New RMS Guide <<<version 2.0 is out<<< and the Random Map Scripting Links and FAQ thread.
..../_____\\\ \
....\\\\\\\\\\\\\/ (unknowingly) the submitter of the 12000th item to the Blacksmith.
Cataphract887
Squire
posted 03-14-17 07:04 AM CT (US)     2 / 7       
Excellent feature! Updated files surely were buried before with no way to know besides manually checking

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
Possidon
Slayer
posted 03-14-17 08:59 AM CT (US)     3 / 7       
AFFA the Cleric
Squire
posted 03-14-17 05:49 PM CT (US)     4 / 7       
This is a good new Man!

Also about the relocation of the updated day under the name of the file, I preferred to the original location of this info, in the upper left corner of the screen, but the sidebar under the new file is absolutely amazing!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY GAME VERSION:

Age of Empires II The Conquerors 1.0 without any patches, just the ES release in August 24th 2000, proud to playing this game version!
Julius999
Imposter
posted 03-15-17 04:59 PM CT (US)     5 / 7       
This is one of those ideas so good that you wonder why no one thought of it in the last 17 years or so.

(Or was it originally announced in November 1999 as coming "soon"?)

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
Kor
Busschof Happertesch
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
posted 03-19-17 11:10 AM CT (US)     6 / 7       
Imagine my surprise when I saw 'Against Thee, Wickedly' listed as the most recently updated file!

Nice improvement of the Blacksmith layout, btw. Unfortunately there's still a ton of features required that could make it easier to search for and find files - such as tags, 'similar files', drop down menus to look for files based on the game type or TC mod that's being used, etc - but I fear they would be too difficult to add with the current system already being ancient.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
Bunmy010
Banned
posted 04-14-17 09:42 PM CT (US)     7 / 7       

[This message has been edited by Pecunia (edited 06-24-2017 @ 01:04 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register