You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Do you want a RMS review? Look here...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Do you want a RMS review? Look here...
RF_Gandalf
Squire
posted 07-08-02 09:44 AM CT (US)         
Well, it has been a few months since I was doing much with AOK...a foray into random maps with SWGB for something different. But now my interest in AOK is back, and I am once again willing to do reviews for RMS. My time is somewhat limited, so if by some miracle dozens of people post here wanting RMS reviews, it will take some time to get to them all. But it appears that no one else is doing 'official' RMS reviews anymore, and there are still new RMS being released.

I warn you that I am somewhat critical, but fair, and always try to give suggestions for improvement in scripting and/or gameplay.

Wondering if the Cherubs would make this 'sticky' to keep it from drifting off the page quickly, as I am sure there will be some interest in this from time to time.

AuthorReplies:
Luke Gevaerts
Squire
posted 07-08-02 10:10 AM CT (US)     1 / 20       
Hey! No stealing my ideas!

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
JackalRat
HG Alumnus
(id: BrandNewCar)
posted 07-08-02 10:23 AM CT (US)     2 / 20       
Technically it was a joint effort Luke, between many..
RF_Gandalf
Squire
posted 07-08-02 10:24 AM CT (US)     3 / 20       
Luke -
Sorry if you think that "If you want a review" is your idea...there was a previous post with this same idea before yours started.

And sorry if you think that RMS reviewing is 'your idea', but others in this forum have been reviewing RMS for a while. I have done most of the limited number of 'official' RMS reviews at this site. And since I only review RMS, I thought it would be good to post it separately. And since I know random map scripting better than most folks, I thought it might interest some scripters to have me look at their work.

Not trying to duplicate your efforts, just offering my services again to the forum. Let me know if there are RMS requests to your thread if they need reviewed.

Luke Gevaerts
Squire
posted 07-08-02 10:44 AM CT (US)     4 / 20       
* Ashamed *

I was just kidding, folks. Good luck, RF_Gandalf - I'll send the RMS reviews to you.

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
Tanneur99
HG Alumnus
posted 07-09-02 07:03 AM CT (US)     5 / 20       
@ RF_Gandalf

Good effort and a nice sticky topic. Yes, the idea to do a thread for people that look for a review is from Gawain and he joined us.
I would wish that a good reviewer like you would join us too.

tonto_real
Squire
posted 07-09-02 01:58 PM CT (US)     6 / 20       

Quote:

And since I only review RMS, I thought it would be good to post it separately. And since I know random map scripting better than most folks, I thought it might interest some scripters to have me look at their work.

Absolutely!

RF_Gandalf has been, for years now, both the most prolific producer of .rms maps for AoK and has always 'set the standard' for .rms map scripting as his maps always do that for which intended. As such, I here now designate him as being the Elder Guru of .rms map scriptwriters. Ed, you may place that into your sig if you so desire.

Phoenix-The RealDeal, Co-Consul, Phoenix Clan; aka tonto_real, Co-founder, Retired Emperor & Patriarch, of Tonto Clan
http://www.phoenixclan.biz
thurdl01
Squire
posted 07-12-02 10:18 PM CT (US)     7 / 20       
Aha, this explains why I've been seeing many new RMS reviews in my inbox. Kudos.

- .... ..- .-. -.. .-.. ----- .----
.... --. / -.-. .... . .-. ..- -...
.. ..-. / - .... . / --. . .-. -... .. .-.. / . ... -.-. .- .--. . ... --..-- / .-- . / .- .-. . / .- .-.. .-.. / -.. --- --- -- . -..
Matei
Squire
posted 07-15-02 05:08 PM CT (US)     8 / 20       
Hiya RF_Galdalf! I haven't played AoK in a long while, with EE coming out and the AoM alpha on the horizon, but I still have an RMS which is unreviewed and which I would like reviewed. If you have time, please check out Hadrian's Wall. Hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did making it .

Depending on circumstances, I *might* write a new RMS for AoK:TC this summer. Be on the lookout, but it's not too likely yet.

[This message has been edited by Matei (edited 07-15-2002 @ 05:13 PM).]

Hector Ocampo
Squire
posted 07-19-02 01:45 PM CT (US)     9 / 20       
Hello:

I have just posted 5 or 6 RMS on the AI section. However I would like to have your wise opinion. By the other hand, have you tried my Labyrinths random map? It´s an eye candy but a little bit difficult to play, ideal for those players who enjoy playing closed maps like black forest ( I call these maps closed maps, and I call maps like arabia open maps). I would like to have the review for this Labyrinths map since I haven´t had any comment for a while. I have played it on the zone and only there I have had some comments (good comments). You can download them, however I could send them by mail to you if you prefer.

There are a lot of hidden wonders in the world, despite nobody knows them.... they exist.
Proud member of aiscripters.com
RF_Gandalf
Squire
posted 07-20-02 11:12 AM CT (US)     10 / 20       
Will look at Labyrinth - I had downloaded it ages ago but don't remember it well.

I have also started to look at your newer maps, will probably review the one I think is best.

Intrepid
Squire
posted 07-22-02 06:15 PM CT (US)     11 / 20       
Hector Ocampo
Squire
posted 07-23-02 03:18 PM CT (US)     12 / 20       
Thank's Gandalf. I'll look at yours too in order to learn more about this.

There are a lot of hidden wonders in the world, despite nobody knows them.... they exist.
Proud member of aiscripters.com
Matei
Squire
posted 07-23-02 09:17 PM CT (US)     13 / 20       
Gandalf, were you away? Check your email.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
RF_Gandalf
Squire
posted 07-24-02 10:32 AM CT (US)     14 / 20       
Matei - sorry, have been overwhelmed with work, father on chemotherapy, dead primary computer which I use for email, other things.

Will get to the requested reviews within a week to 10 days.

Matei
Squire
posted 07-25-02 09:15 AM CT (US)     15 / 20       
Oh, sorry to hear that. Wishing you and your father well.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
Daid Saksay
Squire
posted 09-09-02 02:51 PM CT (US)     16 / 20       
Yes I would like a review of my RMS attempt I call "South Pacific" Thanks!

quote:
FYI: Ruber cement makes great fake Boogers!
HG Luke
Squire
(id: Cherub Luke)
posted 09-15-02 10:58 AM CT (US)     17 / 20       
Unstickied because of lack of interest. Link has been added in the other review topic.

CHERUB LUKE ~ Age of Kings Heaven Forum Moderator and News Poster, HeavenGames LLC
» “Logics takes you from A to B; imagination takes you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein
» “I think; therefore, I am.” - Decartes

» Against Thee, Wickedly - Teaser (AoK:TC)
RF_Gandalf
Squire
posted 09-17-02 09:22 AM CT (US)     18 / 20       
As requested, review posted 9-17 for South Pacific

Still willing to do others, but my interest will likely end when AOM is released.

HG Luke
Squire
(id: Cherub Luke)
posted 10-04-02 08:24 PM CT (US)     19 / 20       

Quoted from RF_Gandalf:

Still willing to do others, but my interest will likely end when AOM is released.

Let's hope not. Sticky once more, to give y'all a chance - use it to promote the RMS thing. It can use a boost, I believe.

CHERUB LUKE ~ Age of Kings Heaven Forum Moderator and News Poster, HeavenGames LLC
» “Logics takes you from A to B; imagination takes you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein
» “I think; therefore, I am.” - Decartes

» Against Thee, Wickedly - Teaser (AoK:TC)
GOTD_FireCobra
Squire
posted 10-08-02 10:54 PM CT (US)     20 / 20       
I did submit a RM script yesterday, so hopefuly it will appear soon in the RM download section. Its pretty basic, but it could be a replacement for Arabia maps.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames