You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Looking for Beta Horses and trade cart
Bottom
Topic Subject:Looking for Beta Horses and trade cart
DarkRiFt
Squire
posted 10-04-02 09:59 PM CT (US)         
Hi
Ive been looking for ages for the beta units The trade cart and any of the horse units to complete my collection if anyone has these i would love it if you could give them to me if you do plz email a map containing these units to reactorstudios@yahoo.com
Thanx to any who reply
AuthorReplies:
Daveguy_700
Squire
posted 10-05-02 00:49 AM CT (US)     1 / 11       
Im not really sure they exist.

***Daveguy_700***
The Sword of Archon | Post your best jokes here! | Daveguy_700@hotmail.com | Proud member of the PW clan!
"If you choose a job you like, you do not have to work a day in your life" -umm...some...guy....
"Not all who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

STUFF
Enrique Orduno
Banned
posted 10-05-02 00:53 AM CT (US)     2 / 11       
I'm sure they don't.
Nezero
Squire
posted 10-05-02 01:53 AM CT (US)     3 / 11       
what beta trade cart and horse units?????? I haven't heard of anything like that??? where did you hear or see it from, if you lookin for the trade cart with the guy running aroudn with no horse thats the aztec trade cart
DarkRiFt
Squire
posted 10-05-02 12:26 PM CT (US)     4 / 11       
Im pretty sure that these exist for I have seen them in several aok maps shots they are even described in Heaven games Under Modpacks in the FAQs section even if they are just stand in art I would love to have them. I have everything but these units.
Enrique Orduno
Banned
posted 10-05-02 12:44 PM CT (US)     5 / 11       
They are art located in the SLP's, but you can't get them as units in-game unless you use a modpack that replaces the art of a in-game unit with the one of these lost units.
DarkRiFt
Squire
posted 10-06-02 10:14 AM CT (US)     6 / 11       
I know that these exist they are shown on the cover of the stratige guide and on the box or at least two of them are the paladin and the scout as well as the beserk also my cousin has the trade cart and ive seen it myself if anyone has the stratagie guide then just look through it theres several beat things: Paladin,scoutthe towers shott large yellow bolts
Enrique Orduno
Banned
posted 10-06-02 11:33 AM CT (US)     7 / 11       
I know, but as we noticed right away a few years ago when that book was published, the book was made using an older build of AoK(it was shipped the same day as the game, so the writers had to play the game before release to make it).

These units' art is still lying in the AoK Graphics.drs file, but they are unused(and I'm 100% sure of that...I've checked in empires2.dat(the GENIE engine) after decompressing it and no unit uses these SLP's).

CheeZy_monkey0
Squire
posted 10-06-02 06:06 PM CT (US)     8 / 11       
They're called Beta art, darkrift. They aren't new units or anything, just old graphics which ES changed because they didn't like.

Most of the old graphics remain in the .slp files as EO said but most of them don't have a DRS code#, so the only way to get those units in the game is to replace an existing unit's graphics with those of the beta art.

Squirrel_Archer
Squire
posted 10-08-02 11:09 AM CT (US)     9 / 11       
what do they look like? Why are they so important?

Hey, I'm kind of new here, I usually just look at replies and stuff, now I am answering them and stuff.

The Fenris Wolf
Banned
posted 10-08-02 11:23 AM CT (US)     10 / 11       
Isn't there a file for the Beta-Janissary?
Enrique Orduno
Banned
posted 10-08-02 04:35 PM CT (US)     11 / 11       
It's a mod and Aga made it from the old Janissaries art that wasn't even in the game's SLP's.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames