You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies, Off-Topic
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » my browser has a curse...
Bottom
Topic Subject:my browser has a curse...
crasher
Squire
posted 10-07-02 00:12 AM CT (US)         
Here's the trouble: For the past few months, every time I click on aokh, it says welcome, you are not logged in...

Even though each time I log in, I click remember password for one year, it does this to me. Any idea as to what I might have un-set with my browser to do this?

AuthorReplies:
Renegade Warrior
Squire
posted 10-07-02 00:14 AM CT (US)     1 / 6       
crasher:

I think you need to have cookies enabled. Or something like that; I know cookies are involved in some way.

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis sed domini tuo da gloriam!
"Not to us, Lord, not to us but to Thy name give the glory!"

Motto and battle cry of the Knights Templar

GOTD_FireCobra
Squire
posted 10-07-02 00:37 AM CT (US)     2 / 6       
I can't use the remember my password for a year feature. For some reason it will not remember it. Part of it must be that I use a 56K dialup, and the IP address changes each time I connect to the internet.
crasher
Squire
posted 10-07-02 02:23 AM CT (US)     3 / 6       
I'll look into it. I now remmeber (maybe) recently doing some messing whith something regardign "cookies".

*grins* anybody seen a mod around? I was shocked when I read that topic and I had too much dignity to post in it...

Surge
Squire
(id: Lt_Surge99)
posted 10-07-02 02:41 PM CT (US)     4 / 6       
Do you have some program which checks everytime when data is sent from your computer to elsewhere or vice versa (like ZoneAlarm)?

It can't be FIREWALL though.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
crasher
Squire
posted 10-10-02 01:30 AM CT (US)     5 / 6       
Hmm, I've decided that it's my browser's "cookie" settings, becaus this happens to me over at DGDN as well. I'm fixing the problem now, thanks guys!
shadowraithe
Squire
posted 10-10-02 07:24 AM CT (US)     6 / 6       
Can't be the dial-yp, 'cos that's what I've got and it still works.

Can't be firewall, because I have one and the settings still work.

I reckon you're right about cookies.

*** Current Project: Clan Histories - Apocalypse ***
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames