Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.26 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Campaign Names
Bottom
Topic Subject:Campaign Names
Lord Olivander
Squire
posted 10-10-02 05:22 PM CT (US)         
I'm looking for names for a campaign, can anyone help me out?
AuthorReplies:
Dark_Aro
Squire
posted 10-10-02 05:29 PM CT (US)     1 / 26       
First of all, can you please tell us all what kind of campaign you are making? It would help a lot. If you need an idea, post what you would want your scenario to be about (king vs. peasants, peasants vs. knights, and so on) in my Ideas For Your Campaign posting.

DARK_ARO ¤¤¤¤¤ Dragon Gaming Design Network | Age of Kings Heaven Forums ¤¤¤¤¤
Dragon Gaming Design Network Administrator | Multiplayer Custom Scenario Night Member
dark_aro@dgdn.net | "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
My Projects: AoK-- When Darkness Stands Still ~40% Robin Hood Legends ~17%
My Recommendations
Lord Olivander
Squire
posted 10-10-02 06:53 PM CT (US)     2 / 26       
My campaign is more of a Knight vs. Knight
Enraged Orange
Squire
(id: RoboPaul88)
posted 10-10-02 07:40 PM CT (US)     3 / 26       
umm...The Duel?

We need more details

Renegade Warrior
Squire
posted 10-10-02 10:07 PM CT (US)     4 / 26       
Knight versus knight? What about Clash of the Chevaliers?

But as RoboPaul88 said, more details are needed.

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis sed domini tuo da gloriam!
"Not to us, Lord, not to us but to Thy name give the glory!"

Motto and battle cry of the Knights Templar

[This message has been edited by Renegade Warrior (edited 10-10-2002 @ 10:09 PM).]

Lord Olivander
Squire
posted 10-10-02 10:19 PM CT (US)     5 / 26       
In a distant land far, far away a beautiful kingdom exists. The rolling hills look like waves in the sea of lush forests and swaying grasses. The sparkling lakes and rivers reflect the crystal clear sky above. All seems happy and peaceful until you pass over the Gallim mountains. Years before the Pagag wars erupted and covered the country like a dark cloud. Destruction plagued the land, towns were burnt and raise, while the villagers were impaled stretching in a line that seemed to continue forever. Soon the impaled dead reached a point at which the land they passed through could be smelled for miles away. People no longer dared to travel near the land, which was soon named the cursed plains of Tarshish. It seemed as though no one could stop this matchless force. Until one day a small beam of light shown through the clouds. Lachoneus, a noble, stepped forward and used his power of influence to drive his way to Chief Judge. Once at the supreme position he ordered every man, peasant or aristocrat, to enlist in the royal army. Men from everywhere answered the call and soon the army was well stocked with soldiers. Little scrimmages happened occasionally and finally Lachoneus had moved his men into the perfect position. His men set up camp on the legendary Pekah Plateau and waited for battle time to arrive. Soon the time of death approached. Lachoneus' men aligned in formation and waited. A dreadful silence settled over the battle field. The sound of hooves broke the silence as a scout rode up to Commander Lachoneus' tent. Fear filled the men's souls as the rider rode by. Some gasped and others said nothing. The horse came to a stop as a guard quickly grabbed the reigns. The tent flaps flew open and Lachoneus stepped out. The men around the rider stepped back and knelt to prayer. Lachoneus gazed horrified up at the rider. The rider's arms were tied to the saddle, his shirt was covered in blood and as Lachoneus' eyes traveled up his body, he was sickened to see the rider was headless. Weird symbols had been carved all up and down his arms and legs with some kind of dagger. Smacking the horse with a stick off the ground Lachoneus sent the headless rider and horse running off down the hill and off into the distance. He stepped up onto a hill, so all could see him. Raising his voice he yelled, "This can only mean one thing my brothers, death has come!" The men stood silent staring up at him. "Do not fear, we shall conquer, we are the warriors of Osgath!" he cried, raising his hands towards the sky, "Shall we let this enemy overtake us and our wives and children, and our freedom? NO!!!" With that courage swept over the men below as they exploded with their war cries. As Lachoneus stepped down he turned towards his guard and with eyes full of emotion he said, "May the Gods be with us this dreadful day!" Black dots appeared on the horizon and one by one the soldiers became silent. Black dots poured into the valley as a nest of black ants. In return Lachoneus' army let out a dreadful battle cry and charged.....

[This message has been edited by Lord Olivander (edited 10-10-2002 @ 10:22 PM).]

Daveguy_700
Squire
posted 10-10-02 10:46 PM CT (US)     6 / 26       
Woah... And i thought Dark_Aro's stories were long...

***Daveguy_700***
The Sword of Archon | Post your best jokes here! | Daveguy_700@hotmail.com | Proud member of the PW clan!
"If you choose a job you like, you do not have to work a day in your life" -umm...some...guy....
"Not all who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

STUFF
Lord Olivander
Squire
posted 10-10-02 11:01 PM CT (US)     7 / 26       
Yeah, so what does everybody think?
Mickey Sommers
Banned
posted 10-10-02 11:14 PM CT (US)     8 / 26       
"The Ants sing again!"
"How the heck are you going to make a headless guy!?"
"The Fall of Whatever that guy's name was"

[This message has been edited by Mickey Sommers (edited 10-10-2002 @ 11:15 PM).]

Lord Olivander
Squire
posted 10-11-02 11:48 AM CT (US)     9 / 26       
I don't really plan on making a headless guy, that would just be crazy.
Dark_Aro
Squire
posted 10-11-02 12:05 PM CT (US)     10 / 26       
Sounds like a good storyline. I am not that great at names... use Renegades. It sounds cool

DARK_ARO ¤¤¤¤¤ Dragon Gaming Design Network | Age of Kings Heaven Forums ¤¤¤¤¤
Dragon Gaming Design Network Administrator | Multiplayer Custom Scenario Night Member
dark_aro@dgdn.net | "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
My Projects: AoK-- When Darkness Stands Still ~40% Robin Hood Legends ~17%
My Recommendations
Tanneur99
HG Alumnus
posted 10-11-02 12:24 PM CT (US)     11 / 26       
@ Lord Olivander

Great story and well written. You have the name of the campaign already in your text:

The cursed plains of Tarshish.

Lord Olivander
Squire
posted 10-11-02 12:38 PM CT (US)     12 / 26       
Thats a great idea Tanneur99, thanks!
I'm trying to think of some more ideas for my campaign to go along with the storyline and keep the players attention. Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by Lord Olivander (edited 10-11-2002 @ 01:07 PM).]

Jawn Henry
Squire
posted 10-11-02 06:26 PM CT (US)     13 / 26       
Sunset of the Infidels, or if you might be afraid it sounds to "un-PC" for you maybe Sunset of the Renegades.

Or try: When Curses Die.

Lachoneus: Scouge of the Renegades (or Infidels or whatever term you use for you bad guys)

I like Infidels - it makes them sound real bad!

JH

Garuda
Squire
posted 10-11-02 06:33 PM CT (US)     14 / 26       
OT:

Quoted from Mickey S:

"How the heck are you going to make a headless guy!?"

D-uh, Sleepy Hollow??

ANDANU "GARUDA" TRISATYA
S I N C E T H E 8 T H D A Y O F T H E 8 T H M O N T H , T H E 1 9 8 8 T H Y E A R
Daveguy_700
Squire
posted 10-11-02 06:37 PM CT (US)     15 / 26       
Try making a mini-game (or two) that you can play over and over again.

***Daveguy_700***
The Sword of Archon | Post your best jokes here! | Daveguy_700@hotmail.com | Proud member of the PW clan!
"If you choose a job you like, you do not have to work a day in your life" -umm...some...guy....

STUFF
Lord Olivander
Squire
posted 10-11-02 07:24 PM CT (US)     16 / 26       
I want it to be an awesome campaign not a cheesy minigame, sorry.
Tanneur99
HG Alumnus
posted 10-11-02 07:26 PM CT (US)     17 / 26       
@ Lord Olivander

O.K. You don’t show a headless guy because that story is in your introduction screen. Where were we? Yes, C H A R G E. Lachoneus confronts the enemy army of the evil knight (name?) in the valley when he is attacked in the back by his second force descending a hill. The player can only win by sending troops up the hill, through a small path in the woods, to fall in the enemies back. This has to be well balanced. After you win you get the report that their leader is not among the deaths and his voice is heard out of the dark. Your army is fleeing (change ownership) and being alone you start on a quest to find six knights (yes, the movie seven samurais or the more modern, forgot the name, with Yul Brynner, Eli Wallach, Steve McQueen, Robert Vaughn, Charles Bronson, James Coburn and Horst Buchholz), every knight you have to help in a quest more difficult, as you are joined by forces, until he agrees to help you. Rent the movies for ideas. When you are seven, the first scenario is completed. In the second scenario, yes you have to defend a village and your enemy escapes again, until finally, reinforced by troops of the village you meet again on “The cursed plains of Tarshish” for your final battle. Well, I hope you like the idea.

Mickey Sommers
Banned
posted 10-11-02 07:28 PM CT (US)     18 / 26       
he wasn't talking about making the whole thing a mini-game you silly goose!

Garuda: WTF did that have to do with anything..lol

Mickey Sommers
Banned
posted 10-11-02 07:30 PM CT (US)     19 / 26       
LOL!!!! you forgot the name but you remember all the actors?
Lord Olivander
Squire
posted 10-11-02 07:34 PM CT (US)     20 / 26       
Tanneur99, you should be the one making this campaign not me! I like your ideas but I think I want to throw a little twist into the story. The hero you start with, won't be your hero the whole game. I like your ideas on the battle, and the enemy coming behind to trap. Thats for all the help!
Tanneur99
HG Alumnus
posted 10-11-02 07:46 PM CT (US)     21 / 26       
@ Mickey

Quote: "LOL!!!! you forgot the name but you remember all the actors?"

Strange isn't it? On the other hand (I have five fingers) I remember the name "Seven Samurais" but not one actor.

Mickey Sommers
Banned
posted 10-11-02 08:25 PM CT (US)     22 / 26       
This is extremely off-topic, but has anyone seen Carmen Electra's movie, "The One" or something like that
Garuda
Squire
posted 10-12-02 07:22 AM CT (US)     23 / 26       
I would be so grateful if anyone ever planning to make a Sleepy Hollow campaign (based on the movie)!!

ANDANU "GARUDA" TRISATYA
S I N C E T H E 8 T H D A Y O F T H E 8 T H M O N T H , T H E 1 9 8 8 T H Y E A R
Lord Olivander
Squire
posted 10-12-02 11:10 AM CT (US)     24 / 26       
How would you make the headless guy?

Here is the next part of my story...

As the armies of Lachoneus and the dreaded Bashan Army clashed the clang could be heard for miles around. Some of the older people say the earth shook terribly that day. Lachoneus fought with courage and bravery never seen by any man before. His gleaming white horse, Arpad, surged forward and crushed every foe it encountered. Lachoneus' army had the upper hand in the battle, for they were fighting downhill making it easier for their archers to shoot down the overwhelming mass of Bashan. Lachoneus rode from side to side, slashing and cheering on his men. His men took pride and remembered what they were fighting for, their wives, their children, their freedom. Then the unthinkable happened. A flaming arrow was shot from the dark abyss and landed with a deep thud, hitting Lachoneus and knocking him clean of the gleaming Arpad. Dust flew up in the blood stained air as Lachoneus' body landed. Seeing their commander down, the soldiers formed a tight formation around him while a few men went inside to attend to his wounds. One man, started for the arrow but was stopped by the hand of Lachoneus. "You fool," he coughed, "This arrow is poisoned, there is no hope for me, my soul is lost!" Seeing their commander was on his last breath they asked, as is custom, any last orders he wanted to be done. Lachoneus reached up and rather sluggishly pulled off his helmet. "My last wish shall be this," he said, beginning to cough blood, "Tie me to my horse and let me fight until this poison overwhelms me!" Looking at each other, the men lead Arpad over to his master then raised Lachoneus back upon the valiant horse. Holding his right arm to his side because of the pain, he pulled his helmet over his head, grabbed his giant sword and rode off into the hottest part of the battle. That was the last ever heard from Lachoneus. Some say it is written in the Old Scrolls of Urim that Lachoneus was last seen giving swift death to everyone who apposed him. After Lachoneus had ridden off, The army of Lachoneus fought more valiantly then they had ever been known to fight. The Bashan fled from every man as though he were a mouse stuck in a cage with an angry cat. The tide of the war turned and Lachoneus' army was winning. "This is the last and final battle!" cried a General. Just then the deep rattling sound of a horn was blown from the Bashan. Both sides stopped fighting dead in their tracks. Rumbling came from the mountains behind the Army of Lachoneus. The Bashan hordes started to yell and scream, dance around wildly more and more. Soon what seemed like oil, poured through the narrow path behind Lachoneus? army and another Bashan army came sweeping through. "ALL IS LOST!" yelled man of Lachoneus? men. But their screams seemed only to be a whisper compared to the yells and screams of the Bashan. None ever lived to tell the tale of the Battle of Pekah.

[This message has been edited by Lord Olivander (edited 10-12-2002 @ 11:17 AM).]

Daveguy_700
Squire
posted 10-12-02 01:01 PM CT (US)     25 / 26       
Okay, don't mean to change the subject, but about my last post...

I didnt mean make the WHOLE THING a mini-game! I meant there could be... like, a mini-game in one of the towns, like a shooting gallery (or something).

***Daveguy_700***

STUFF
Lord Olivander
Squire
posted 10-12-02 01:15 PM CT (US)     26 / 26       
Yeah, I figured out what you meant.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames