You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » I need help!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:I need help!!
FOPT_Cainito
Squire
posted 12-07-02 06:52 PM CT (US)         
hi,
i am making my first single player scenario and i want to know if anyone would be willing to help me play test it.
i have all the triggers and map design done so right now i am trying to weed out all the bugs...i could also use some tips on what i should change and what i can improve on.
Thanks too all who can help me out :-)

I know why Santa is so jolly all the time, he knows where all the bad girls live
AuthorReplies:
denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-07-02 07:27 PM CT (US)     1 / 6       
Sure, I'll help you.
E-mail me the scenario
My email: denerin_kosaiko@yahoo.com

Denerin Kosaiko
Creator Of: None Finished Yet
Working On: "X" - Trade Cart Racing
Founder Of Templar Creations
Zone Name: Lord_Denerin
Moogle
Squire
posted 12-07-02 08:45 PM CT (US)     2 / 6       
I'll help out.
My email is: pudgymoogle@hotmail.com
Please send me ONLY UNZIPPED files.

+----------+ Completed Projects +----------+
//- Realistic Eroded Rivers -//
+----------+ Projects in Progress +----------+
[-+ Age of Kings Heaven Communal Campaign +-]

denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-09-02 00:03 AM CT (US)     3 / 6       
Alright, hi again, Cainito!

I played your map, and I want you to know that I thought it was pretty good! You are off to a great start in scenario designing!

First off, there weren't many trigger problems at all, you actually did surprisingly well, this being the first time you made a scenario.

You should work on your eye-candy techniques a little (Looks of the map, I hope you understand what I'm talking about...), but I can see that you did try and you did very well with the eye-candy you provided.

I particularly liked the desert: you used elevation very nicely, it was rather realistic. You used the mountains fairly well, but it could use improving.

The story and ideas of the map were very nice; they were simple and I like that just as much as an elaborate plot, the only thing that matters is that the plot isn't crap. Your plot wasn't crap at all.

You used the display instructions dialogue very well, the triggers worked out fine for that. The map seems to have had a lot of good work put into it, and I liked that.

Overall, the map was very nicely done. A great start for someone like yourself that is going into scenario/campaign design. I strongly encourage you to continue with your scenario design as I liked your scenari and it will help you get even more practice then you already have.

Well, that is my review of your map, let me recap:

There weren't many trigger bugs, the landscape and eye-candy was nice, but you could improve your techniques to make it even better. The story was nice and simple, just as good as an elaborate plot, it was a very nice plot and very originial.

Well, I suppose this post is long enough and you get the point, so, I will talk to you later! Happy scenario designing!

Denerin Kosaiko
Creator Of: None Finished Yet
Working On: "X" - Trade Cart Racing
Founder Of Templar Creations
Zone Name: Lord_Denerin
Plaxt Curomn
Squire
posted 12-09-02 06:29 AM CT (US)     4 / 6       
samandshirley@splaxton.fsnet.co.uk

I'll give it a whirl when I next go on the game (Tonight that will probably be)

--------------
Currently Designing
Episode III . V : The Galactic Empire
--------------
Quetzelcoatl
Squire
posted 12-10-02 05:16 PM CT (US)     5 / 6       
dude_101uk@hotmail.com
---------------------------
send it to me if you would, and with your permission i will if you want me to, spruce up some of the eye candy usin some tricks ive learned, id submit one of mine but, its either map not done or triggers not there (cuz i cant do triggers)

Tommorow will take us away
Far from home
No-one will ever know our names
But the Bards songs will remain
Deathmatch
Squire
(id: Darkmaster)
posted 12-10-02 05:27 PM CT (US)     6 / 6       
I'd like to playtest it.

the_darkmaster@rogers.com

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register