You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » I'll ask my question again, and hopeful to get a clearer answer this time...
Bottom
Topic Subject:I'll ask my question again, and hopeful to get a clearer answer this time...
magna gb
Squire
posted 12-08-02 01:09 PM CT (US)         
In Yogurt's scenario "Final Hour", you can see that some of the units stands on top of shoreless deep water and are not moving, by not moving I mean not moving completely, it just stand there, frozen like a statue, it doesn't even do the movement when it's standing still.

Now, my questions are:

1. How do you do that flash freeze trick where the units are completely not moving.

2. How do you get shoreless deep water? I know about the shoreless water but how do you get one square shoreless deep water?

I asked this before but from all the answers I have gotten I didn't understand a single thing, can anyone explain it more clearly this time?

Thanks in advance

hello all
AuthorReplies:
Dark_Aro
Squire
posted 12-08-02 01:21 PM CT (US)     1 / 5       
1. Task a unit and do not set a specific location. Then loop the trigger.

2. Shoreless Water Template by AzN_PaRaDoX has shoreless water. Place deep water inside of the shoreless water. That should do it.

DARK_ARO Dragon Gaming Design Network | Age of Kings Heaven Forums
Dragon Gaming Design Network Administrator | Multiplayer Custom Scenario Night Member
dark_aro@dgdn.net | "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
My Projects: AoK-- When Darkness Stands Still ~40% Robin Hood Legends ~17%
My Recommendations
HG Luke
Squire
(id: Cherub Luke)
posted 12-08-02 01:45 PM CT (US)     2 / 5       
Different perspective:

1: Use the "Unload" trigger on a unit that cannot unload.

2: Place roads along water - roads eliminate the shore around the water.

~ Luke

magna gb
Squire
posted 12-08-02 05:48 PM CT (US)     3 / 5       
Roads around water!!! Thank you so much! It's so simple and yet I cannot think of it.

As for the flash freeze trick. I'll try those, thanks

Now I got another question, how is it possible to place a unit on top of deep water? (he had to do that before freezing the unit), but I think I might find the answer in that template.

Thanks.

hello all
Dark_Aro
Squire
posted 12-08-02 05:55 PM CT (US)     4 / 5       
Place a unit inside of the transport (the transport must be on deep water), and then delete it. Test, and exit back to the scenario. You unit will be on the water.

Hope this helps.

DARK_ARO Dragon Gaming Design Network | Age of Kings Heaven Forums
Dragon Gaming Design Network Administrator | Multiplayer Custom Scenario Night Member
dark_aro@dgdn.net | "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
My Projects: AoK-- When Darkness Stands Still ~40% Robin Hood Legends ~17%
My Recommendations
denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-09-02 00:06 AM CT (US)     5 / 5       
Hey, speaking of the shoreless water template, I always have trouble with that! I use the map copy feature and map copy some of the shoreless water, but when I load it into another map, it is just the same as normal water! Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong and exactly how to map cop it into other scenario?

Denerin Kosaiko
Creator Of: None Finished Yet
Working On: "X" - Trade Cart Racing
Founder Of Templar Creations
Zone Name: Lord_Denerin
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames