You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » I would like some suggestions!
Bottom
Topic Subject:I would like some suggestions!
denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-11-02 07:33 PM CT (US)         
Alright, first off, I appreciate all suggestions, and even if I don't use them, don't feel bad, I may get other ideas from them! And guys, don't flame other peoples' ideas... Or mine for that matter... If I get a really elaborate idea and decide to use it, I will give that person credit in the end of my scenario, but remember, this will only be if they are really good and well-thought ideas (Or if you request that I give you credit)!

Also, if you have an idea and don't want to share it, that's fine, but if you have an idea, would like to share it but don't want me to use it, that is also fine, just say you don't want me to use it. I might get different ideas from that suggestion!

Anyways, you probably want to know what I'm talking about!
Well, I am making a Trade Cart Racing Multiplayer Scenario and would like some ideas for hazards/bonuses. I already have ideas for the track so even though the Trade Carts will all go the same speed (Yes, I'm using the Caravan Tech!), there are a lot of good chances to take the race in many different places.

Anyways, let me explain a little:
Hazards would basically do damage. Each Trade Cart would have 100hp, and each hazard would do at least 10 damage. This way it isn't too easy

Bonuses would add permanent hp, give boost (Dunno how I'll do that, but I'll find a way!), and anything else that I get ideas for. This is where I need your help. I don't have enough ideas for hazards and/or bonuses! I want more of both!

Anyways, here is what I have so far:

-Possible Secret-And-Hard-To-Get Landslide Causing.
I wasn't sure whether to put it in the Hazards or Bonuses, so this will remain "unidentified."
Anyways, this would be a way to create a landslide (Might have it in various places) and cause other players to take an alternative, longer route. However, after the lap that the landslide was created, the player who caused it would then have to take that route. The landslide is permenant.

Hazards

-Wreckage that causes damage if you get too close.
-Rocks and rubble that do damage if you get to close.
-Explosions that deal damage (Petards and Demo Ships!).

Bonuses

-Secret passages and shortcuts (I decided to put this in here...).
-Extra Trade Carts (Like "lives" on Mario).
-Hp increasing bonuses (Permanent until you die).

Alright... Unfortunately, that is all I have. Well, this is where I need you help! If you want me to give you credit, I will. If you want to share an idea but don't want me to use the idea, I won't, just say so. If you don't want to share an idea, you don't have to. If you had an idea that sprouted from one of my ideas listed above and you would like to share it, do so. If you had an idea that sprouted from one of my ideas listed above and you don't want to share it, you don't have to! (This is my disclaimer )

Well, what ideas does everyone have to share?

Denerin Kosaiko
Creator Of: None Finished Yet
Working On: "X" - Trade Cart Racing
Founder Of Templar Creations
Zone Name: Lord_Denerin
AuthorReplies:
misterxman
Squire
posted 12-11-02 07:50 PM CT (US)     1 / 21       
For a bonus you could research to move your units faster, if there even is a technology for that. I haven't played for a long while so I'm just saying.
CrystalCrown
HG Alumnus
posted 12-11-02 07:51 PM CT (US)     2 / 21       
Trap-holes: Freezes your cart for a certain while.

Deep Snow/Sand: Slow downs your trade cart. (Use Stop Object at every 1 second; loop it)

Ice slicks: Tasks your trade cart towards the sides every 1 second, giving the impression that your cart is sliding.

Risky Shortcut: Cross walkable-water for a shortcut, but if you stay on it too long, you will get damaged/drowned/etc.

Revolving Gate: A gate that would continuously change player ownership. You can pass only if ownership of the gate belongs to you.

There's a short list from me. Good luck with your scenario.

CRYSTALCROWN

Play Online Because you really can't gloat about beating the computer.
Learn the Flush So you don't lose every game in under 20 minutes.

It's not a post count; it's making your posts count.

[This message has been edited by CrystalCrown (edited 12-11-2002 @ 07:52 PM).]

Cobra the Mediocre
Squire
(id: The_Cobra_81)
posted 12-11-02 08:48 PM CT (US)     3 / 21       
Wormhole-Jumps you ahead farther in the race (depending how you set the scenario up)

Missiles-Damages enemy trade carts

Shields-Oblivious to damage

Activate Extra Trap-trap that damages/stops enemies, only in a few spots can it be used

Scythe Wheels-when enemy gets close, it damages them

Kamakazi (spelling?)- go close to enemy, damage yourself and them (this one might work at all times)

Blind driver-changes enemy trade cart to computer's color, who zigzags over the road

Dominate-changes enemy trade cart to your color (if you click it and hit delete, you lose too!)

Of course, you may want to change some of the names...

Cobra the Mediocre
SteadilY working up to Average
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
(Age of Kings Heaven) (The Renegades)
Moogle
Squire
posted 12-11-02 09:44 PM CT (US)     4 / 21       
Do the landslide with create object triggers, creating of course, rocks. Demonstrated quite well in Ulio, Scenario 2.

+----------+ Completed Projects +----------+
//- Realistic Eroded Rivers -//
+----------+ Projects in Progress +----------+
[-+ Age of Kings Heaven Communal Campaign +-]

CrystalCrown
HG Alumnus
posted 12-11-02 09:54 PM CT (US)     5 / 21       
That could go well with my Ice Slicks idea. Once you slide to the side, you fall off the slope and lose.

CRYSTALCROWN

denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-12-02 00:19 AM CT (US)     6 / 21       
Thanks for all the ideas guys! These are all really cool! I will probably use all of them.

@ Moogle
Yeah, I was planning on using create object triggers for the landslides. Ulio was an awesome campaign!

@ CrystalCrown
I was planning on an idea like your Dangerous Shortcut, with the walkable water, but I forgot about the idea! Thanks for reminding me, I would have forgotten and not used it! As for the slowing down the Trade Cart, I really like that idea!
But, how do I freeze units temporarily?

@ The_Cobra_81
Your idea about the Activate Trap-trap I had already thought of, but that is still a good idea and I will think of other ways to use this technique... I like the shield idea and will think of a way to use it. Is there a way to make units invincible? I would use that to make the shields...

@ misterxman
There is a way to make units faster, a technology called Caravan, and I did think of a possibility of doing something like that, but I don't think it is possible to do it temporarily. I am using the Caravan tech though. Permanently. To make the Trade Carts faster.

Well, thanks for all of the great suggestions guys! I will definately use these!

Denerin Kosaiko
Dark_Aro
Squire
posted 12-12-02 08:40 AM CT (US)     7 / 21       

Quote:

But, how do I freeze units temporarily?

Many ways to do this. Unload can make it look like they are frozen (on a normal unit), task object but do not give the unit anywhere to move to... just set the unit and leave the effect alone (and loop that trigger), or you can have the unit patrol in the same place he is in (risky depending on if it is the players unit, or the comps).

Quote:

Is there a way to make units invincible?

Damage the unit their exact hp amount, and then damage object that amount except add a - in front of it. Loop that trigger, and the unit will be invincible.

Quote:

Ulio was an awesome campaign!

My words exactly.

DARK_ARO Dragon Gaming Design Network | Age of Kings Heaven Forums
Dragon Gaming Design Network Administrator | Multiplayer Custom Scenario Night Member
dark_aro@dgdn.net | "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
My Projects: AoK-- When Darkness Stands Still ~40% Robin Hood Legends ~17%
My Recommendations

[This message has been edited by Dark_Aro (edited 12-12-2002 @ 08:42 AM).]

Jawn Henry
Squire
posted 12-12-02 01:13 PM CT (US)     8 / 21       
Speeding Tickets!

Have a cavalier/Paladin patrol an area (at random times) and any cart that passes thru an area, the paladin charges up to it and a trigger stops the cart for some time (while you get a fine for racing on a public road) and then off you go.

JH

CV12 Hornet's plan-of-the-day for 26 October 1944:

"Today will be a field day! Air department dust off all overheads, removing any snoopers which may be adrift and sweep out all corners of the Philippines, sending to incinerator or throwing over the side (first punching hole in bottom) any Nip cans, APs or AKs still on topside. Gunnery department assist as necessary. Engineering, continue to pour on the coal. Medicos, stand by with heat-rash lotion. Damage Control, observe holiday routine.
denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-12-02 03:31 PM CT (US)     9 / 21       
Alright, thanks for all your help, guys! Hopefully I will still get more suggestions, because so far these are all really great! And I mean that!

@ DarkAro
Thanks for answering my questions! Now I will put them to use...

@ Jawn Henry
That is a good idea! :P I was going to make a segment of the track through a city area, so now I can make Paladins that come up and stop them! I'll work on a trigger system for that, thanks!

Btw, I forgot to put it in my first post (And I will also provide more info (And Screenshots) in a preview, which will probably come in a few days!), but there are going to be four racers, one computer player (Cities, racing fans, hazards/bonuses, etc), and also three players that will bet on the racers!

Denerin Kosaiko
CrystalCrown
HG Alumnus
posted 12-12-02 03:40 PM CT (US)     10 / 21       
You know what would be cool. Since the betters won't do much, give them options to "skew the race in their favor" if ya know what I mean.

You know, I thought about doing a similar scenario to this using Cobra Cars. Too bad they're all blue.

CRYSTALCROWN

denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-12-02 03:50 PM CT (US)     11 / 21       

@ CrystalCrown
Uhh, umm... No, I don't know what you mean... And I don't know what you mean by "the betters." Do you mean like, better players?

Denerin Kosaiko
CrystalCrown
HG Alumnus
posted 12-12-02 03:56 PM CT (US)     12 / 21       
Yes, Betters = betting players

Okay, this is what I was aiming for.

Give the Betters the ability to cheat and slant the race (i.e. sabotage an opponent's cart, give player he's betting for power-ups/upgrades).

This way, the person that is winning the most will attract the most Betters, and the Betters will be able to somewhat control the race.

CRYSTALCROWN

denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-12-02 04:14 PM CT (US)     13 / 21       
Hmm... I like that idea and I just might use it! During the betting stage (When the betters are supposed to choose), they can sneak off and sabotage the Trade Carts! Maybe even set traps and stuff, or set ambushes! It'd be cool if AoK had more then eight players...

Imagine we could have up to 12 computer or human players. Here is what I would do:

4 Racers
6 Betters
1 Friendly Computer
1 Hostile Computer

I could go to 2 Betters and 2 Computers, but I was planning on using three so only one Trade Cart Racers doesn't get bets...

Denerin Kosaiko
CrystalCrown
HG Alumnus
posted 12-12-02 04:28 PM CT (US)     14 / 21       
Hmm...maybe you could change one of the comps to GAIA....

Don't forget to award prize money after races. That way, the racers can buy weapons, Permanent upgrades (like research 'caravan') or Temporary ones (HP boost).

I'm full of suggestions, just ask.

CRYSTALCROWN

Twiglet
Squire
posted 12-12-02 04:31 PM CT (US)     15 / 21       
How about "rotating wall", a palisade that moves from side to side across the course.

Twiglet RULES!!

For a 16 year-old I'm pretty good

denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-12-02 05:40 PM CT (US)     16 / 21       
Yeah, Nice idea CC. I was planning on making it just one race per game, but why not multiple races per game?! Thanks!
What other suggestions do you have?

@ Twiglet
That's a good idea, Twiglet. And it gives me another idea! In some parts of the track there could be places where only certain paths are available, and it changes!

Denerin Kosaiko
LKS_Lawngnome
Squire
(id: CoRk_Lawngnome)
posted 12-12-02 06:27 PM CT (US)     17 / 21       
Sounds Good!

Maybe Caravan shouldn't be upgraded right away so you have to use prize money to buy it.

CrystalCrown
HG Alumnus
posted 12-12-02 10:21 PM CT (US)     18 / 21       
That's part of the plan.

If you're up to something a little more complicated, perhaps you could have a garage. You can tweak up your cart with upgrades wheels (caravan). Heck, you could have up to three different chassis. Start off with the mezo hand-pulled cart (set GAIA to Mayans, then convert the cart), upgrade to reg. trade cart, and finally the Emp. in a Barrel (use your imagination to think of something creative for this cart). You can also outfit your cart with a number of defense (+HP) and weapons (-opp. HP). The player can decide how much defense/weaponary he wants to equip his cart with.

Another though is to have some weapons and/or special items trigger exlcusive events/shortcuts.

Wanna know more?

CRYSTALCROWN

[This message has been edited by CrystalCrown (edited 12-12-2002 @ 10:26 PM).]

denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-13-02 00:12 AM CT (US)     19 / 21       
Oh yeah, keep them coming, CC! This is good...

Denerin Kosaiko
CrystalCrown
HG Alumnus
posted 12-13-02 03:03 PM CT (US)     20 / 21       
CHALLENGE: ISLAND HOPPERS

Task a couple of allied transports in a water barrier (each going back and forth to a island). The water hazard will have many island, and the racer's task is to "hop" from one island to the next, until he crosses the water.

----------

Other stuff includes finding money (i.e. getting coins in Mario), altering courses (i.e. first lap can go one way, then change some barriers and the last lap can go some other way), and maybe even pit stops (i.e. your HP [fuel] decreases every second and when you go to the pit stop, your HP gets replenished).

That should be enough. All these ideas and my other ones were from my ditched Cobra Car project.

CRYSTALCROWN

denerin_kosaiko
Squire
posted 12-13-02 05:28 PM CT (US)     21 / 21       
Very nice, CrystalCrown! I particularly like the Island Hopping island! That one I will definately use! The alternating course thing I will also use in some spots, as well as many other idea that people have posted here. However, I am kind of sceptical about the pit stops... I may or may not use them, and if I don't use them in this Trade Cart Racing game, I am hoping to turn this into a series of games and will probably use them in another. Well, I will work it all out. These are really good suggestions. Thanks!

Denerin Kosaiko
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames