You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » tribute without sound. doesnt work negative numbers
Bottom
Topic Subject:tribute without sound. doesnt work negative numbers
sclick
Squire
posted 04-03-03 02:58 PM CT (US)         
well when i kill someone, i receive one meat piece. but when a tribute is sent, i hear that damn sound and i can see a message telling that i received 1 meat piece. but i wantto disable the sound and message. ive read in another topic and they said, we should put a negative number as ammount of meat. but i cant put a - (a -1) there.. i donk know what to do ....
AuthorReplies:
Mechstra
Banned
posted 04-03-03 03:13 PM CT (US)     1 / 21       
Put a - sign in the trigger description, then highlight it and copy it.

Then, the effect should be:

Tribute
Food Resource

To: Gaia(or anyone)

Amount: (paste the - sign)1

sclick
Squire
posted 04-03-03 03:30 PM CT (US)     2 / 21       
first i wantto say that i used it (1 meat tribute from gaia to players) in order to the player know how many he killed...

ok i could put a - before the 7 gold tribute (-7 gold tribute from gaia to player 1). But if i put a - before the 1 meat tribute (-1 meat tribute from gaia to player 1) and go on with other triggers, i see that the trigger turned red. and when i check the -1 meat tribute trigger (now red), it says 0 meat tribute from gaia to player 1 instead of -1. why that?? can ya help me out?

zyxomma100
Squire
posted 04-03-03 03:31 PM CT (US)     3 / 21       
Once you create the tribute trigger, leave it alone. if you touch it again, it will reset and you'll need to redo it. Test it in the game; you'll find out it works. Resist the urge to recheck it.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
sclick
Squire
posted 04-03-03 03:32 PM CT (US)     4 / 21       
sorry i realized now that it doesnt work in both of them. its TC patch C
sclick
Squire
posted 04-03-03 03:35 PM CT (US)     5 / 21       
damn. that way gaia sends me "-7" gold tribute (it plays the sound and tells the message) and i have NEGATIVE gold!!
with the -1 meat, it doesnt happen anything
zyxomma100
Squire
posted 04-03-03 03:35 PM CT (US)     6 / 21       
I know it works with the expansion pack... But I was pretty sure it would work in both versions.

zyxomma100
Squire
posted 04-03-03 03:37 PM CT (US)     7 / 21       
Yeah, when I accidentally discovered that bug I was surprised to see negative gold.

You have to tribute GAIA -1 food, not the other way around.

Edit: ACK! I just remembered. There's a bug that won't allow you to tribute negative 1 of any resource. You'll have to have GAIA tribute -2 food, then have the player tribute 1 food back to GAIA.

[This message has been edited by zyxomma100 (edited 04-03-2003 @ 03:38 PM).]

sclick
Squire
posted 04-03-03 03:38 PM CT (US)     8 / 21       
ive thought logicly and have inverted tribute "from gaia to player 1" to tribute "from player 1 to gaia" and now it works. but thats only the 7 gold part...
the -1 meat piece tribute "from player 1 to gaia" DOESNT WORK... i really cant get out of this little main problem
zyxomma100
Squire
posted 04-03-03 03:41 PM CT (US)     9 / 21       

Quote:

ACK! I just remembered. There's a bug that won't allow you to tribute negative 1 of any resource. You'll have to have GAIA tribute -2 food, then have the player tribute 1 food back to GAIA.

sclick
Squire
posted 04-03-03 03:48 PM CT (US)     10 / 21       
oh man tnx a lot!! u really helped me out
ive got mu effects like this:
tribute: player 1 -> gaia: -7 gold
tribute: player 1 -> gaia: -7 meat
tribute: player 1 -> gaia: 6 meat

one mor question... when i kill someone, i have to create a unit anywhere and destroy it. there is no big problem here. its just the sound which TC plays when a petarde is created.. is there a way to turn it off? after every kill ive got to hear that damn sound. its driving me crazy

zyxomma100
Squire
posted 04-03-03 03:50 PM CT (US)     11 / 21       
There is no way to get rid of that sound. I'm assuming you're creating an RPG. If so, you can use another unit, like a hunting wolf, that doesn't make a sound when created.

sclick
Squire
posted 04-03-03 03:53 PM CT (US)     12 / 21       
i tried with the monkeyman (dont know the english name) but it didnt work and the heroes got their power raised even if they didnt kill anyone. i wonder if its possible with the wolf and sheep.... ill try now
zyxomma100
Squire
posted 04-03-03 03:57 PM CT (US)     13 / 21       
Use a hunting wolf or an Ornlu the Wolf. They are the only two units that don't make a noise when created, and will be relevant to your purpose.

sclick
Squire
posted 04-03-03 04:01 PM CT (US)     14 / 21       
none of the 3 wolf kinds even appear where they should. and the sheep... it appears but it doesnt die... so it doesnt work either...
Deathmatch
Squire
(id: Darkmaster)
posted 04-03-03 04:04 PM CT (US)     15 / 21       
Try Joan the Maids or Scythian Wild Women.

sclick
Squire
posted 04-03-03 04:08 PM CT (US)     16 / 21       
i made it! ive found a character! this orleans girl who has a horse is perfect for it! doesnt sound and works! tnx all for the support!
zyxomma100
Squire
posted 04-03-03 04:10 PM CT (US)     17 / 21       

Quote:

none of the 3 wolf kinds even appear where they should.

That's because you're using GAIA wolves. The Rabid Wolf, Wolf, and Dire Wolf can only belong to GAIA, meaning Player 1 can't control them. So they're never even created. Instead, try the Hunting Wolf or Ornlu the Wolf (both found under heros) instead.

Darkmaster:
I'm not sure if they create a noise when created, but I'm sure the wolves don't.

Edit:

Quote:

this orleans girl

You mean Joan of Arc? Well, if you want to use her I guess it's fine.

[This message has been edited by zyxomma100 (edited 04-03-2003 @ 04:13 PM).]

Deathmatch
Squire
posted 04-03-03 04:17 PM CT (US)     18 / 21       

Quote:

Darkmaster:
I'm not sure if they create a noise when created, but I'm sure the wolves don't.

No, they don't. Neither does William Wallace (if I remember correctly).

sclick
Squire
posted 04-03-03 04:24 PM CT (US)     19 / 21       
sure they dont! theyre HEROES and u CANT create them on barracks etc so they would never need a sound! i just figured it out
ok ive done this part os the scenario. next question could be about gambling but that would be in a couple of days from now on cuz there is the rest of the chapter 1 to be done (like "legends of invasion" (also an RPG) whith unlimited enemies who come and u have to destroy their "houses" so they wont be created anymore). im thinking of making some bonus puzzles like bringing a heroe to somwhere and then the player decides if he keeps the heroe or brings him to the right place and receives a bonus.... would be cool and i think i know how to make it. ive designes the whole map during the math class in school and i think its pretty ok. its half past 11 and ive got to sleep. cya guys and tnx a lot for the support! ur amazing!
Deathmatch
Squire
posted 04-03-03 06:10 PM CT (US)     20 / 21       

Quote:

sure they dont! theyre HEROES and u CANT create them on barracks etc so they would never need a sound! i just figured it out

Nope. Most heroes do make a sound.

crasher
Squire
posted 04-03-03 06:40 PM CT (US)     21 / 21       
Zyxo, thanks for that tip about the Hunting Wolf! I've been bugged by this too...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames