You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Help with naming units
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help with naming units
Maltagearion
Squire
posted 04-03-03 06:52 PM CT (US)         
I keep trying to rename units and it keeps on not working. Does anyone else experience this or is it just me? anyhoo how do I fix it?

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien
AuthorReplies:
crasher
Squire
posted 04-03-03 07:08 PM CT (US)     1 / 13       
You can easily use the "change name" effect in a trigger to change the name of one unit, just make sure that when you click the button below the "select unit", (the button is "go to unit") make sure it goes to the unit, IE centers the view on the unit. If not, try it again, or save the scenario and re-load it.

Now renaming multiple units with the same effect, that can be a problem. My method is to only use this effect on units that I have just placed, by either box clicking around them, or double clicking. (only units of the same type!)

This should work...

Dragon_Sword
Squire
posted 04-03-03 07:39 PM CT (US)     2 / 13       
is there a way to change the name in aok not aokTC

[This message has been edited by Dragon_Sword (edited 04-03-2003 @ 07:41 PM).]

zyxomma100
Squire
posted 04-03-03 08:03 PM CT (US)     3 / 13       
Sorry, the Change Object Name trigger was one they added in the AOK:TC map editor.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
Daveguy_700
Squire
posted 04-03-03 09:49 PM CT (US)     4 / 13       
To change names in AOK, you can do a bit of hex editing and modding, but that is highly not reccomended. I suggest just going out and buying TC. It's only $20oo, last time i checked.

***Daveguy_700***
The Sword of Archon | Post your best jokes here! | Daveguy_700@hotmail.com | Proud member of the PW clan!
"If you choose a job you like, you do not have to work a day in your life" -umm...some...guy....
"Not all who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

STUFF
Dinosaur3367
Squire
posted 04-03-03 10:02 PM CT (US)     5 / 13       
I tried renaming fifteen robin hoods to Legolas using that method. it didnt work. Could you be a tad more specific?
Kelar
Squire
posted 04-03-03 10:09 PM CT (US)     6 / 13       
Why would you need 15 Legolas'?

No. Bad Jarl. Bad Bad Jarl. NO Penis ASCII.
-Andy.
Dinosaur3367
Squire
posted 04-03-03 11:57 PM CT (US)     7 / 13       
Lotr brawl.

I ended up making a trigger without condition with 15 effects, and did them all individually.

Gets annoying when you also have to rename 10 pope's Gandalf, 25 Champions Aragorn, 15 Berserks Gimli, 9 cavaliers Nazgul, etc etc. I gave up on the 8'th Legolas.

Vviinncceenntt
Squire
posted 04-04-03 03:21 AM CT (US)     8 / 13       
LOL you must name them one by one, those're 15 effects. You MUST spend some time if you want to make it!
Mechstra
Banned
posted 04-04-03 05:58 AM CT (US)     9 / 13       
There's an easier way. Go to the Players tab, select the player that the units belong to. The go to the Units tab (just to register that it's that player), do nothing there, and go to Triggers.

Then, when you click on Set Object, you can either drag a box around them or double click to select all objects of that type.

Maltagearion
Squire
posted 04-04-03 01:10 PM CT (US)     10 / 13       
K thanks guys. By the way I DO have TC. It just never seem to work for me.
Maltagearion
Squire
posted 04-04-03 01:22 PM CT (US)     11 / 13       
Well I've tried practically everything short of a hex editor. Has anyone else EVER had this problem?
Mechstra
Banned
posted 04-04-03 01:45 PM CT (US)     12 / 13       
I've had that problem with single units that I've placed, but not with the whole lot. The only solution I've found for those single units is to delete them, save the map, reload it, and place them again.
Adder
Fallen Angel
(id: The Adder)
posted 04-04-03 06:43 PM CT (US)     13 / 13       
i have
try selecting the unit with a box (as apposed to with the point and click) that almost always works for me!

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames