You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Newbie Needs Help :)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Newbie Needs Help :)
Flying Dutchmen
Squire
posted 04-03-03 08:50 PM CT (US)         
Hey all this is my first scenario and i am having a bit of difficulty. I am trying to make a group of men either move where i want them to without them just splitting up and going to cover the whole map. Is there any way to do this?? I have tried using task object but it doesnt seem to let me assign more than one unit per effect if they arent player 1.
Thanks Alot

Can't take The Heat? Then Stay away from the Fire
AuthorReplies:
Daveguy_700
Squire
posted 04-03-03 09:45 PM CT (US)     1 / 6       
Simply use the "patrol" trigger, and select all the units, and set the destination under "location". make sure the "units" section is set to the player you want. Make a "stop" trigger where they will arrive.

Happy designing. Welcome to AOKH SD!

***Daveguy_700***
The Sword of Archon | Post your best jokes here! | Daveguy_700@hotmail.com | Proud member of the PW clan!
"If you choose a job you like, you do not have to work a day in your life" -umm...some...guy....
"Not all who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

STUFF
PaulC2001
Squire
posted 04-04-03 01:51 PM CT (US)     2 / 6       
There is a quicker way, and that is to do the "task object" trigger to the location you want. To stop them wandering around, you could download "Immobile Units AI Gold" from the blacksmith.

PaulC2001

Coucy
Squire
posted 04-04-03 06:13 PM CT (US)     3 / 6       

Quoted from Flying Dutchmen:

I have tried using task object but it doesnt seem to let me assign more than one unit per effect if they arent player 1.

Then use multiple effects. That's how I usually do it.

Creator of absolutely nothing.
This is Coucy's answering machine. Please leave your name and number, and after I've doctored the tape, your message
will show that you are guilty of a federal crime and be brought to the attention of the FBI. *BEEP*
Daveguy_700
Squire
posted 04-04-03 08:34 PM CT (US)     4 / 6       
To make them march in formation, you must use the patrol effect.

***Daveguy_700***
The Sword of Archon | Post your best jokes here! | Daveguy_700@hotmail.com | Proud member of the PW clan!
"If you choose a job you like, you do not have to work a day in your life" -umm...some...guy....
"Not all who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

STUFF
zyxomma100
Squire
posted 04-04-03 09:08 PM CT (US)     5 / 6       

Quote:

I have tried using task object but it doesnt seem to let me assign more than one unit per effect if they arent player 1.

Then go to the Units menu. Choose the player you want to have moved, then go to triggers. Now it should let you assign more than one unit.

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
Flying Dutchmen
Squire
posted 04-05-03 05:02 PM CT (US)     6 / 6       
Tell me if i am wrong but what i am getting from all of this is that you cant have multiple units selected and target unless they are player one. Am I correct?

Can't take The Heat? Then Stay away from the Fire
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames