You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » How do you set a unit on defensive stance?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do you set a unit on defensive stance?
musiclover482
Banned
posted 08-26-03 11:29 AM CT (US)         
How do you set a unit to defensive stance automatically the moment the game starts? I'm really hoping to know how because I'm making a scenario with my name on it and my castles and everything.
AuthorReplies:
dark_blade
Squire
posted 08-26-03 11:41 AM CT (US)     1 / 19       
Musiclover, is your campaign of spirits nearly finished? Its been 31% complete for ages.

D_B

Đąŗķ_ļąđę - ĄőĶĦ Főŗųmmęŗ Şįŋčę 2003

an era of glory has passed - may the arcade live on
musiclover482
Banned
posted 08-26-03 12:15 PM CT (US)     2 / 19       
I'm taking a little rest from it right now. But anyways, I've been really waiting for so long right now and I would really appreciate it if someone could answer me.
musiclover482
Banned
posted 08-26-03 12:52 PM CT (US)     3 / 19       
I said I'd REALLY appreciate it if someone could answer me. Geez, if I don't get this crappy question answered then my campaign might never be finished, maybe not a even beta 2.0!
Ingo van Thiel
Squire
posted 08-26-03 01:44 PM CT (US)     4 / 19       
There is no way you can do that with normal units. The only way would be to use hero units and rename them. Their stance is always defensive when you start the game.
The Dark Wind
Squire
posted 08-26-03 01:48 PM CT (US)     5 / 19       
Your question was answered... by Ingo! You can't go wrong with him...

/.:.:.:..:.:.:.\
(~.:|>The Dark Wind<|:.~)
Proud Member of DGDN
\_.:.:.:..:.:.:._/

musiclover482
Banned
posted 08-26-03 02:22 PM CT (US)     6 / 19       
Yes I knew that, I was just looking for another solution. But why didn't ES make a trigger that could change a unit's: armor, range, stance? They could've added all that to make it really extremely fun! Also, why didn't they add at least two new conditions? I was expecting all this before I bought The Conquerors but no! They just dashed off leaving us with just new civs and triggers without adding the "other" real stuff! If I was the one who made TC, boy would I 900% add all that crap.
bleedteal
Squire
posted 08-26-03 02:56 PM CT (US)     7 / 19       
It's obvious the AoK and TC editor has problems and shortcomings. If you don't want to use it, go buy another game with a better editor.

AoK is a great game, and lots of quality scenarios have been made after hard work regardless of the editor's lacking qualities.

~ INNUEDO ALERT ~
CrystalCrown
HG Alumnus
posted 08-26-03 03:46 PM CT (US)     8 / 19       
Those effects aren't in the editor because ES didn't need anything like that. They needed to edit HP, name, and attack, but in all of the campaigns, they never edited armor or range. Same thing with the stances. The only stance you can alter with triggers is to give a unit "no attack" stance.

CRYSTALCROWN

Play Online Because you really can't gloat about beating the computer.
Learn the Flush So you don't lose every game in under 20 minutes.

It's not a post count; it's making your posts count.
Clayperboy
Squire
posted 08-26-03 10:18 PM CT (US)     9 / 19       
So,, in other words,, Design with what you have. Simply, get use to your limitations, and design around them. If you really want to be creative,, jump into scripting, and the taunt base system,,, there's a whole new world there.

Clayper
Team Mentor for AOKH Communal Campaign
Proud DGDN Member
TOAO_DaVe
Squire
(id: Tonto_DaVe)
posted 08-27-03 02:00 AM CT (US)     10 / 19       
Well said, Clayper.

Signed,
DaVe.
musiclover482
Banned
posted 10-21-03 07:49 PM CT (US)     11 / 19       
Is there a way to do it in a Hex Editor? If so, please tell me how. I'm a curious person, really! I have Resource Hacker now and it works very well! It displays names so clearly, I can edit anything I see if I wanted to.
Enraged Orange
Squire
(id: RoboPaul88)
posted 10-21-03 08:34 PM CT (US)     12 / 19       
No, you can't hex edit an individual scenario.
LoserWithCoolName
Squire
(id: The Kestrel)
posted 10-21-03 08:36 PM CT (US)     13 / 19       
I won't **** with my game DLLs, so if you hex edit, I will treat it like a mod and take away review for bugs caused by not using it. I never got allies and axies to work right, and it ****ed over my copy of AoK so much I had to reinstall twice (I tried it again).

You want fries with that?
musiclover482
Banned
posted 10-21-03 09:02 PM CT (US)     14 / 19       

Quoted from Orange:

No, you can't hex edit an individual scenario.

All I need is for it to hex edit the whole game at least. I don't really need it to be just for an individual scenario. Is that possible?

Quoted from LoserWithCoolName:

I won't **** with my game DLLs, so if you hex edit, I will treat it like a mod and take away review for bugs caused by not using it. I never got allies and axies to work right, and it ****ed over my copy of AoK so much I had to reinstall twice (I tried it again).

It's not for Kobuta, my campaign. I was just asking because I was making a personal scenario, a scenario that only I could play with and for fun only. It's never going to be released, it just fulfills my need of fun 99% and amuses so much! In it, I'm the great king of Vikings and..yeah.

Enraged Orange
Squire
(id: RoboPaul88)
posted 10-21-03 09:28 PM CT (US)     15 / 19       

Quote:

All I need is for it to hex edit the whole game at least. I don't really need it to be just for an individual scenario. Is that possible?

Edit the whole game so that all new units are Defensive? Possibly, but...don't.

TOAO_DaVe
Squire
(id: Tonto_DaVe)
posted 10-22-03 04:00 AM CT (US)     16 / 19       
If it's only for yourself, then you can do whatever you'd like. But always remember to back-up, or you'll have to reinstall.

Signed,
DaVe.
musiclover482
Banned
posted 10-25-03 05:37 PM CT (US)     17 / 19       
Now another way of doing this:

Is it possible to set a unit on defensive stance using AIs?

EDIT: Is there any way at all (either by changing language.dll files, making AI scripts, or by using triggers) to set a certain unit on aggressive stance?

[This message has been edited by musiclover482 (edited 10-25-2003 @ 05:39 PM).]

rayoflightsword
Squire
posted 10-25-03 05:43 PM CT (US)     18 / 19       
Mlover, in what planet do you live in?

ALL units except villies and heroes have their stances set to aggressive as soon as the game starts.

(¯`·._.~RayofLightSword~._.·´¯)
(¯`·._.~Official Unnofficial Forum Uber-1337 King of +1~._.·´¯)
"The Goddess Fortune is the devil's servant, ready to kiss anyone's ass".-William Blake
musiclover482
Banned
posted 10-25-03 07:08 PM CT (US)     19 / 19       
I was asking IF it was possible in any way at all. I never said how.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames