Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.24 replies, Off-Topic
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » "Ranks"
Bottom
Topic Subject:"Ranks"
Raptor the Good
Squire
posted 10-24-03 06:12 PM CT (US)         
I have noticed that there are some "ranks" if you will, that have to do with the amount of experience a person has. (newbie, rook, etc.) What are all of these and what would I be?

//•/ (¬, (\ (Ή ―)― () )¬,
\•\\ ==============
//•/ AoKH Forumer

AuthorReplies:
rayoflightsword
Squire
posted 10-24-03 08:49 PM CT (US)     1 / 24       
How long have you been in AOKH?

I've been here since summer, released one crappy campaign, and I'm working on a much better one.

Thus my rank is:*drumroll* NEWBIE!!!

(¯`·._.~RayofLightSword~._.·´¯)
(¯`·._.~Official Unnofficial Forum Uber-1337 King of +1~._.·´¯)
"The Goddess Fortune is the devil's servant, ready to kiss anyone's ass".-William Blake

[This message has been edited by rayoflightsword (edited 10-24-2003 @ 08:50 PM).]

Dr Lorenzo
AOEH Seraph
posted 10-24-03 08:55 PM CT (US)     2 / 24       
I usually find if someone abbreviates with numbers they lose respect

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
Deathmatch
Squire
(id: Darkmaster)
posted 10-24-03 09:02 PM CT (US)     3 / 24       

Quote:

abbreviates with numbers

What does that mean?

CheeZy
Squire
(id: CheeZy monkey)
posted 10-24-03 09:07 PM CT (US)     4 / 24       
Either he's talking about the r0xxor chatroomers who say things like sum1 and kewl and lyk, or he's talking about the l33tsor h4x0rs who think it's cool to 7yp3 l1k3 7h15 because they think people can't read what they say.

I've been here for more than 2 years now, but only been active for 1 year.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
penguin
Squire
posted 10-24-03 09:08 PM CT (US)     5 / 24       
I like 2 use...

Penguin
(0) Proud Penguin Patriot (0) AOE3 (0) Legos rule! (0)
(0) Oh woe on caledonia! (0) Games (0) Zombo Shrine (0)
(0) If you can't beat a computer at chess, try kickboxing-anon (0)

(0) Oh yeah.222 (0)

Deathmatch
Squire
posted 10-24-03 09:12 PM CT (US)     6 / 24       
I've been here for about two and 1/4 years, and active for a little over a year.

1337-speak is mostly used by decently diligent people, since they mostly spell correctly and are quite creative.

penguin
Squire
posted 10-24-03 09:28 PM CT (US)     7 / 24       
I think it's annoying if done incorrectly

n00b spaek roxors, 2 kewl lol11!!!1!11!!!!1

Penguin
(0) Proud Penguin Patriot (0) AOE3 (0) Legos rule! (0)
(0) Oh woe on caledonia! (0) Games (0) Zombo Shrine (0)
(0) If you can't beat a computer at chess, try kickboxing-anon (0)

(0) Oh yeah.222 (0)

Ixiom
Squire
posted 10-24-03 10:04 PM CT (US)     8 / 24       
SPEAK ENGLISH, YEA 'SA'OF BIITY FALC-U'K FETT LETERK!

(ah, that felt nice ....you be quiet, conq )

Nobunaga Campaign: 25% Complete
Working on: Second Son & Imagawa Campaign
Latest Accomplishment: Nobunaga's Unification! (whooee!)
"We're jolly green giants here....with guns!
-Craze
Stanly Kubrick's 'Full Metal Jacket'
WhiteWolf
Squire
posted 10-24-03 10:06 PM CT (US)     9 / 24       
I hate when people misspell and abbriviate too much. It is so annoying when you have to decode their writing before actually understanding it. And it is not that hard to use punctuation, capitalization, and grammar, especially if you are American / English.

[ Your quote could be here! ]*

* Contact information included separately

TOAO_DaVe
Squire
(id: Tonto_DaVe)
posted 10-24-03 10:15 PM CT (US)     10 / 24       
There is no need to "decode" someone's spelling if they at least have the first and last letter in the right position.

Signed,
DaVe.
WhiteWolf
Squire
posted 10-24-03 10:32 PM CT (US)     11 / 24       
Let's take this word: "e1gck7c`{+dsvy}}r" The first letter is "e" the last is "r." Well, I was trying to type "editor," but does it look like it?

--Exaggertion in my previous post and the one above.

[This message has been edited by WhiteWolf (edited 10-24-2003 @ 10:33 PM).]

LoserWithCoolName
Squire
(id: The Kestrel)
posted 10-24-03 10:37 PM CT (US)     12 / 24       
I don't know what my rank is, nor do I care. Most people dislike my personality, (which is absolutly nothing like the real-life me) but think that I have talent as a degisner, even though I don't think I'm that good.

You want fries with that?
rayoflightsword
Squire
posted 10-24-03 10:49 PM CT (US)     13 / 24       
RANKS:

Less than one year: Newbie

Up to three years: Mid-Timer

More than two years; 3+: Oldie

EDIT: And Kestrel, thats "designer" not "degisner"

"The Goddess Fortune is the devil's servant, ready to kiss anyone's ass".-William Blake

[This message has been edited by rayoflightsword (edited 10-24-2003 @ 10:50 PM).]

LoserWithCoolName
Squire
(id: The Kestrel)
posted 10-24-03 10:53 PM CT (US)     14 / 24       
No. You're a n00b. That's another rank, a newbie who thinks he's some amazing degisner and expert. It doesn't matter how long you've been here, someone could stay here for years, and not contribute squat. He would be an eternal newbie.

You obviously weren't here before everyone left, they would have told you this in a hurry, but now I'm all alone, the only name I recognize besides the obvious ones. (Ingo, AnastasiaKafka...)

EDIT: Also time means nothing. I've been here longer than both Tanneur and AK, I'm not sure about Aro, and look where I am. Attitude and Age also factor in I'm sure, though, and I think I fail both of those tests.

You want fries with that?

[This message has been edited by LoserWithCoolName (edited 10-24-2003 @ 10:58 PM).]

WhiteWolf
Squire
posted 10-24-03 11:34 PM CT (US)     15 / 24       
Too true, but *cough*philipsantieditorentranceunit*cough*

ReIch
Squire
posted 10-24-03 11:44 PM CT (US)     16 / 24       
Hey forumers.this isnt a forum about how old is the forumer.
this is scenario designing.
if you dont have creativity,if you do a plain scns, and submit it, you are a:

• very newb
  • looser
  • move to anothe thing or improve.

If you do something respectable(3.0 more or less):

• light newbie

If you do a 3.5->4.2, or you have lots of creativity:

• experienced

4.5->,

• you reviewed yourself in another account
  • the reviewer was drunk
  • Expert

--
Best regards

Balazs
WhiteWolf
Squire
posted 10-24-03 11:51 PM CT (US)     17 / 24       
That is a completely different area to judge on. You could be a great scenario designer, but still an incompetent forumer. Or the reverse.

Edit:

Quote:

I don't know what my rank is, nor do I care.

We have reviews to rate the scenario designs, but we do not have ways to rate the forumers. Maybe AokH should have a feature where you can rate another forumer according to certain categories like:
1 Willingness to Help, Friendliness
2 Use of English language (for non-English speaking forumers it is the average of the other categories)
3 Keeping the Forum Clean (the opposite would be spamming and asking questions that can be answered through individual efforts)
4 Code of Conduct (does the person break its rules)

There could be #5, but I cannot think of another category.

To post a thread, a forumer would have to have at least a 3; and if he has a 5, he will have a "Heaven Bound" sign in their profile. And if you have a 1, you will have a "Hell Bound" sign.

[This message has been edited by WhiteWolf (edited 10-25-2003 @ 00:14 AM).]

Mechstra
Banned
posted 10-25-03 05:13 AM CT (US)     18 / 24       
I don't think of myself as having any rank, except that I no longer think of myself as 'new' - this is mainly because nearly all the experienced designers that were here when I arrived (April 2001) are now gone. I thought of myself as new until the 'old crowd' - Rasher, TDS, Shadows, Cerberus, Bon, etc - had all migrated to fresh woods and pastures new.

I remember when you arrived on the scene, Kestrel, and like many here you turned out to be a better designer than I despite being here for a shorter time.

WhiteWolf, I don't think that system would be a good idea. It discourages people joining the community, and could make the existing community members (who are at the higher echelons of the system) become elitist and arrogant.

Surge
Squire
(id: Lt_Surge99)
posted 10-25-03 05:55 AM CT (US)     19 / 24       
I think I'm eternal n00b, then.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
Luke Gevaerts
Squire
posted 10-25-03 06:52 AM CT (US)     20 / 24       
I'm God. And don't none of you forget it.

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
Red Beard
Squire
posted 10-25-03 06:59 AM CT (US)     21 / 24       
No Luke, you're a n00b. Dun, dun, dun!

(˘•٠˛••°ˉˆ˚°€ ̬ €°˚ˆˉ°••˛٠•˘)
-o˚°o€ Red Beard €o°˚o-
ˆ˚°”-•٠o•|^|•o٠•-“°˚ˆ

[This message has been edited by Red Beard (edited 10-25-2003 @ 11:32 AM).]

Surge
Squire
(id: Lt_Surge99)
posted 10-25-03 10:10 AM CT (US)     22 / 24       

Quoted from Luke's location:

Fits.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
Deathmatch
Squire
posted 10-25-03 10:41 AM CT (US)     23 / 24       
A person's "rank" changes from post to post. Take Luke, for example.

rayoflightsword
Squire
posted 10-25-03 10:58 AM CT (US)     24 / 24       
To Kestrel: HEY! I don't deserve to be called a n00b! I never bragged of being a good designer. And yes, I think you're right by saying that one can be here and contribute nothing.

To everyone: I found a thread about ranks using the search button and can conclude that if you've been here but rarely posted, you're a Lurker. (At least from my point of view and the point of view of the ones saying that in the thread I found)

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames