You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » new scenario designer in town
Bottom
Topic Subject:new scenario designer in town
Lost_Alcoholic
Squire
posted 10-24-03 08:36 PM CT (US)         
hey, whats up guys I just started scenario designing a few months ago. I was inspired by the multiplayer rpg Warriors Odyssey II so I decided to take up scenario designing. I got a problem with the campaign im working on right now, its got a lot of music files and im not sure how to post it, the music is absolutely essential to the campaign can anyone help? Yea im also confused about making cut scenes, how do you make part of the map visible even when your units arn't in the area?

[This message has been edited by Lost_Alcoholic (edited 10-24-2003 @ 09:03 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
spidy_
Squire
posted 10-24-03 09:41 PM CT (US)     1 / 8       
I'm fairly new to SD too, but an idea would be to use the "other" unit for whichever team, the map revealer. It shows a small bit of the map for you. For the music I don't honestly know, as I usually don't use it.
WhiteWolf
Squire
posted 10-24-03 10:09 PM CT (US)     2 / 8       
Download a Media Player somewhere and shorten the file size.

If you do not have the expansion you can use flags to reveal map during cutscenes. There is also Cartography and Spies.

[ Your quote could be here! ]*

* Contact information included separately

Ixiom
Squire
posted 10-24-03 10:25 PM CT (US)     3 / 8       
Welcome to SD!

Music is not the favorite thing to us scenario downloaders

it takes a little too much time to download 10 meg worth of songs (or even 1-5) and it takes up space for the people who have 100 meg full of stuff in their sounds folder

as for the second question, some of the most obvious and easy awnsers are:
Map revealers and (if you don't have aoc) flags

Nobunaga Campaign: 25% Complete
Working on: Second Son & Imagawa Campaign
Latest Accomplishment: Nobunaga's Unification! (whooee!)
"We're jolly green giants here....with guns!
-Craze
Stanly Kubrick's 'Full Metal Jacket'
Lost_Alcoholic
Squire
posted 10-24-03 10:28 PM CT (US)     4 / 8       
Thanks a lot guys yea i just discovered the map revealer myself like 5 minutes ago, but im having problems making my begining cut scene, i cant start the players view where i want, it always starts where my "hidden unit your not supposed to see" is, can somebody help?

"Music is not the favorite thing to us scenario downloaders"
well i dont think you speak for all us scenario downloaders cause I download the music for scenarios, The music sets the mood the map designer was trying to create, kinda like a good movie.

[This message has been edited by Lost_Alcoholic (edited 10-24-2003 @ 10:38 PM).]

Pyschosomatic
Squire
posted 10-24-03 10:44 PM CT (US)     5 / 8       
i think he meant that music is not a favourite thing for designers to stick into their scenarios. as for the cutscene, i cant remember where the button is, but its labelled "set veiw" or something to that effect, its prolly in the "players" area in the editor, or...possibly even in the options place, where u can set what techs, buildings, etc, u dont want the player to have... im sorry if i confused u further... im rather confused myself right now... :P
Lost_Alcoholic
Squire
posted 10-24-03 10:47 PM CT (US)     6 / 8       
cool, ill try that thanks for the help
Ixiom
Squire
posted 10-25-03 11:33 AM CT (US)     7 / 8       
i think it's in options, alco

i may be wrong...

but what i meant about music is that there are many difficulties it brings...
for the scenario designer:
timing, it's hard to time when the next song plays or even harder to time certain events in a cutscene to the song
lag, music can severely lag up a good game, i have a slooow computer, and i had to turn off the sound on mark crnigoj's hastings just to get the game to actually work!

for the scenario downloader:
space, yeesh, some songs are like 5 meg, and while that does not seem alot in comparison, just imagine if this scenario downloader has about 4 campaigns with like 5 songs each :S
time, well...i would definately take the time to download the music of a campaign that sounds good, but others may not, i know some people like to just pop download scenario after scenario
lag, look above

Nobunaga Campaign: 25% Complete
Working on: Second Son & Imagawa Campaign
Latest Accomplishment: Nobunaga's Unification! (whooee!)
"We're jolly green giants here....with guns!
-Craze
Stanly Kubrick's 'Full Metal Jacket'
musiclover482
Banned
posted 10-25-03 01:46 PM CT (US)     8 / 8       

Quote:

..Media Player..

You mean a Sound Editor? I know a really good one and it's free too! It's called Goldwave and can convert sound formats of most types. (I'm not sure if it does it on all types ) All of my sounds for Kobuta are Mpeg files (mp3 files) and no WAV files at all. But it's only a suggestion, and by the way: For the Prologue cutscene, I jammed in the 20th Century music theme and it worked perfectly! Music is also part of creativity in making scenarios. Good luck on your campaign! I bet you'll be better than me very soon.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames