You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Effects on single objects
Bottom
Topic Subject:Effects on single objects
me the terrible
Squire
posted 10-25-03 02:00 AM CT (US)         
I was just wondering if there was a way to do any of these:
1. Make an event happen to only the object that caused it to happen. Example-when a champion walks into a designated area, only that champion dies. This must be able to be done without having to designate a specific champion, so it would even work for champions the player creates.
2. A condition in which an object of a certain type, rather than a specific object, is brought to another object of a certain type, again rather than a specific object. Example-any champion is brought to any archer, (insert effect).
3. Task an object to try to kill any object of a certain type.
Answers to these questions would be very helpful.
Oh, a few more things:
1. I figured out how to make a horse/deer/other harmless animal kill a unit under its own power. Not very useful, but good for some laughs.
2. The immobile ai.per file is not working, for some reason. It gives me error 5005:error opening file immobile.per.
AuthorReplies:
Red Beard
Squire
posted 10-25-03 02:19 AM CT (US)     1 / 4       
1) Use Objects in area, set player #, set the unit to champion, set the area you want and write how many of those units should be there. Then make the effect kill objects.

2) I don't know what you're talking about.

3) Use the task object effect.

(˘٠˛ˉ˚ ̬ ˚ˉ˛٠˘)
-o˚o Red Beard o˚o-
˚-٠o|^|o٠-˚
WhiteWolf
Squire
posted 10-25-03 02:28 AM CT (US)     2 / 4       
#'s 1 and 3 seem to be answered.

2 - You can again use the objects in area condition, make 2 of them, the first one set to champions, the next one set to archers; both indicating a certain and the same location.

[ Your quote could be here! ]*

* Contact information included separately

VDML
Squire
posted 10-25-03 05:41 AM CT (US)     3 / 4       
how do you do the deer thing? it could be quite useful.
Mechstra
Banned
posted 10-25-03 06:41 AM CT (US)     4 / 4       
For the immobile AI to work, make sure you have both the .per and the .ai file. If you don't have the .ai file, create a blank text file in Notepad, change the file type to 'All Files', and save it as x.ai (where x is the name of the AI file).
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames