You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » How do I....(2)
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do I....(2)
spidy_
Squire
posted 10-26-03 08:41 PM CT (US)         
-Make it so that both player 1 & 2 control one unit each for their civilization, but have a combined stockpile?

-create a military unit for each payer to lower the kill ratio, but not have it play the sound or create the units LOS?

AuthorReplies:
dark_blade
Squire
posted 10-28-03 02:08 PM CT (US)     1 / 13       
(1) I don't quite understand what you mean. Please be more specific, I'll check back in a couple of hours.

(2) You could create an object for player 2, change ownership to player 1 before killing. This will eliminate creation noise. I always put a unit like that in the corner of a map. Just a thought, try creating a soldier for player2, garrison it into a player2 transport, change ownership from player 2 to player one, using set area (be specific about the type of unit you want to change ownership. Then set kill object (player 1) in the area of the transport ship. Finally, unload the transport. This may do it, but I'm just guessing of the top of my head.

D_B

Đąŗķ_ļąđę - ĄőĶĦ Főŗųmmęŗ Şįŋčę 2003

an era of glory has passed - may the arcade live on
Deathmatch
Squire
(id: Darkmaster)
posted 10-28-03 05:37 PM CT (US)     2 / 13       

Quote:

Make it so that both player 1 & 2 control one unit each for their civilization, but have a combined stockpile?

Combined resources for players has never been implemented, but I think it is impossible.

Quote:

-create a military unit for each payer to lower the kill ratio, but not have it play the sound or create the units LOS?

Create and kill Joan the Maid/Scythian Wild Woman.

dark_blade
Squire
posted 10-28-03 05:40 PM CT (US)     3 / 13       

Quote:

Create and kill Joan the Maid/Scythian Wild Woman

True, but doesn't eliminate LOS problem. My idea may work, but you'll have to try it.

D_B

dark_blade
Squire
posted 10-28-03 05:47 PM CT (US)     4 / 13       
Doesn't quite work, tho you can use it.

D_B

WhiteWolf
Squire
posted 10-28-03 06:03 PM CT (US)     5 / 13       
Create them in a transport ship.

[ Your quote could be here! ]*

* Contact information included separately

Aero_x
Squire
posted 10-28-03 06:27 PM CT (US)     6 / 13       
I think creating a unit for another player then changing its ownership then killing it is good but...

what about-- (1)using a useless player that has a transport spawn point near the edge o the screen, (2)create an object for them and garison it in the transport, (3)change the ownership of object in transport, (4)take transport a little way out from the land and sink it.

So you won't see anything and you won't here the noise. But like dark_blade this is off the top of my head. try it and it might work.

spidy_
Squire
posted 10-28-03 06:28 PM CT (US)     7 / 13       
Alright. Question number one was for a two-player RPG map, where player one is blue and player two is red so that they can't control each other's units, but they still have a shared stockpile. It would add more strategy to upgrade buying and such, and I'm wondering if there is any way to implement it.
LoserWithCoolName
Squire
(id: The Kestrel)
posted 10-28-03 07:00 PM CT (US)     8 / 13       
Yes, I think that you can. I may not be Phil, so no garuntee this will work. It is not tested.

Have it so that all player 1 gold comes in as wood, and use negative tribute (paste a minus sign) to get it there to avoid noise. Now, have 2 looping triggers, one for each player:

-ACCUMULATE ATTRIBUTE, WOOD=1
-TRIBUTE, PLAYER TO GAIA, WOOD=1
-TRIBUTE, PLAYER 1 TO GAIA, GOLD=-1
-TRIBUTE, PLAYER 2 TO GAIA, GOLD=-1

Now, just have it so when 1 player spends gold, it will take it away from both.

This will not be instant; it will go 1 resouce point at a time, so if you know that it will only come in a multiple of something, you can make it go much faster. For example, if you get gold 10 at a time, replace the accumulate condition with 10, and the tributes with 10 or negative 10 (depending on which effect).

Or just make it so whenever gold is gotten by either, player, it just gives the same amount to the other player also, then have buying things take gold from both. If for some reason you can't do this, then use the system above.

You want fries with that?

[This message has been edited by LoserWithCoolName (edited 10-28-2003 @ 07:04 PM).]

spidy_
Squire
posted 10-28-03 08:13 PM CT (US)     9 / 13       
I'm confuzzled...could you explain it a little simpler please?
Berserker Jerker
Squire
posted 10-29-03 00:05 AM CT (US)     10 / 13       
Changing the ownership of a unit to player 1 while inside a transport, causes a bug in the game, whereby the units LOS will be visible permanently in the area it changed owner. It's a kind of map revealer without the map revealer, very handy for those without TC.
The best way to avoid the LOS and sound is to create and remove Joan/Syth woman or hunting wolf in an area already uncovered. Using remove object instead of kill object makes the process almost un-noticeable.
TOAO_DaVe
Squire
(id: Tonto_DaVe)
posted 10-29-03 00:07 AM CT (US)     11 / 13       
'Remove Object' is thought of as the same as 'Kill Object' when talking about kill ratios?

Signed,
DaVe.
Berserker Jerker
Squire
posted 10-29-03 00:14 AM CT (US)     12 / 13       
Remove object, kill object and change ownership all effect kill ratios for player 1
TOAO_DaVe
Squire
(id: Tonto_DaVe)
posted 10-29-03 02:52 AM CT (US)     13 / 13       
The way that attribute misleads people is disgusting.

Seriously though, I never knew that. I assumed change ownership, but not remove object.

Signed,
DaVe.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames